d.adams
(Fresh Scripter)
2008-01-30 11:03 PM
Error 122 when adding printer connection

I am trying to add a printer connection in a Citrix/Terminal server login script to a printer on the domain where the server is located. When I run the AddPrinter command it gives me the error code 122 (ERROR_INSUFFICIENT_BUFFER). This only happens on some login ids and not others. Does anyone have any idea what may be going on here? I have deleted and recreated login profiles with no luck.

Thanks in advance!

Don

MartinAD
(Fresh Scripter)
2012-09-10 10:38 AM
Re: Error 122 when adding printer connection

Hi, did this issue ever got resolved?

I am running into the same problem on multiple machines. All regular desktop systems, OS is mixed between XP and W7.

I did a little google search, but was unable to find any reaonable results. Any Ideas?

AllenAdministrator
(KiX Supporter)
2012-09-10 02:47 PM

I would start by making sure you have the latest drivers for your printers, especially if they have not been updated since the XP days.

MartinAD
(Fresh Scripter)
2012-09-10 03:08 PM

the drivers are fairly new, the thing is: the printer gets sometimes connected, sometimes not.

If I just retry the connection, it almost always connects the printer right away.

AllenAdministrator
(KiX Supporter)
2012-09-10 05:11 PM

I'm not a Citrix guy, so I don't know if this applies. There is a setting that started with XP that you really need to set prior to running logon scripts. XP and above makes the desktop appear before all your network services are actually running. Changing the setting makes the computer wait for the network before showing the desktop.

See the FAQ:
Windows XP Professional Fast Logon Optimization
http://www.kixtart.org/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=112428#Post112428

MartinAD
(Fresh Scripter)
2012-09-11 06:09 AM

yeah. we already set this setting, it says "wait for network" and when you set it, the computer will not show the logon mask until the network is fully available.

besides that, the error shows up on w7 and xp.