Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#211274 - 2016-04-07 07:05 PM How to Import/Install VBA Macro in Outlook
Valentim Offline
Fresh Scripter

Loc: Brazil, PE, Recife
Dear, I already have a script that creates the signature on the user's Outlook at login time, now I need install/import the macro to respond with attachment in Outlook.

Example Macro: https://www.extendoffice.com/documents/outlook/1613-outlook-reply-with-attachments.html

Must be installed via script, not to be need to install computer by computer manually.

it's possible ?

Edited by Valentim (2016-04-07 07:06 PM)

#211275 - 2016-04-08 12:23 AM Re: How to Import/Install VBA Macro in Outlook [Re: Valentim]
Lonkero Administrator Offline
KiX Master Guru

Loc: OK
yes it is possible. the question why you would ever want to?
sending people back their documents unaltered does not make any sense to me. They already have them, they just sent them to.

download KiXnet

#211283 - 2016-04-08 02:08 PM Re: How to Import/Install VBA Macro in Outlook [Re: Lonkero]
Valentim Offline
Fresh Scripter

Is a rule here the company, respond to email with all attachments instead of answering an email with the original e-mail attached.

So I need to install this VBS Macro on computers by the script.

#211295 - 2016-04-11 01:06 PM Re: How to Import/Install VBA Macro in Outlook [Re: Lonkero]
Valentim Offline
Fresh Scripter

Originally Posted By: Lonkero
yes it is possible.

anyone know how to install or import VBS Macro to Outlook?

I really need it, or I'll have to go to import VBS Macro in more than 500 computers one by one

#211298 - 2016-04-11 04:37 PM Re: How to Import/Install VBA Macro in Outlook [Re: Valentim]
Mart Moderator Offline
KiX Supporter

Loc: The Netherlands
This site http://www.outlookcode.com/article.aspx?id=28 suggests to update vbaProject.otm and copying it to %appdata%\Microsoft\Outlook. I did not try this as we do not distrubute macros but it might be worth trying.

Quote:

Copy VbaProject.otm

All Outlook macros are stored in a single file named VbaProject.otm in the user's %appdata%\Microsoft\Outlook folder, which will be a hidden folder on most systems. The brute force approach is to copy this file from the machine where the macros were written to other users' machines, replacing any existing VbaProject.otm file. You can do this with whatever technique you normally use in your organization to copy files to users, including walking it around on a disk to each workstation.

This method has the advantage of being a relatively simple process of copying a single file, once you figure out the destination folder. (TIP: You can enter %appdata%\Microsoft\Outlook in Start | Run or the Address box in Windows Explorer to go directly to the right folder.)

- Chuck Norris once sold ebay to ebay on ebay.

#211299 - 2016-04-11 09:24 PM Re: How to Import/Install VBA Macro in Outlook [Re: Mart]
Lonkero Administrator Offline
KiX Master Guru

Loc: OK
And once this is done and the email server is overloaded with copies of files... In a week, your boss is going to ask you to remove it.

Hence, you should probably do it manually.

download KiXnet

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  Jochen, Allen, Radimus, Glenn Barnas, ShaneEP, Ruud van Velsen, Arend_, Mart 
Hop to:
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered and 163 anonymous users online.
Newest Members
SERoyalty, mytar, Gabriel, Alex_Evos, Dansen
17869 Registered Users

Generated in 0.055 seconds in which 0.022 seconds were spent on a total of 13 queries. Zlib compression enabled.

Search the board with:
superb Board Search
or try with google:
Google
Web kixtart.org