Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#207602 - 2013-08-14 05:43 PM LDAP Wildcard Query
KIXKicks Offline
Starting to like KiXtart

Loc: Vancouver, WA
We have separated out our user accounts in Active Directory into different OUs (Normal Network Users remain in the Users OU, Shopfloor Accounts are in a different OU, and there are others).

Our code is hardcoded to the Users OU, can it be made to search all OUs?

The commented out line works but only for the Network Users in the Users OU.

Code:
If $ADSERVER = ""
   ;$ADSTRING = "LDAP://" + $DCSERVER + ".DOMAIN.DOM/CN=%USERNAME%,CN=Users,DC=domain,DC=dom"
   $ADSTRING = "LDAP://" + $DCSERVER + ".DOMAIN.DOM/CN=%USERNAME%,CN=*,DC=domain,DC=dom"
   $ADSERVER = GetObject($ADSTRING)
EndIf

#207603 - 2013-08-14 06:21 PM Re: LDAP Wildcard Query [Re: KIXKicks]
Glenn Barnas Administrator Offline
KiX Supporter

Loc: New Jersey
The "Users OU" isn't an OU, it's a container. That's why it isn't recommended to place user objects there. We generally create a root OU, with a Users OU, and then sub-OUs for different types of accounts. Allows global searches from "OU=Users,OU=MyCompany,DC=domain" or specific searches by specifying an additional OU level. I don't believe that you can mix OUs and containers in a single LDAP query.

Glenn

#207604 - 2013-08-14 06:57 PM Re: LDAP Wildcard Query [Re: Glenn Barnas]
KIXKicks Offline
Starting to like KiXtart

Loc: Vancouver, WA
Thanks Glenn...I just added the extra OUs to the code...it works now!
#207605 - 2013-08-14 07:39 PM Re: LDAP Wildcard Query [Re: KIXKicks]
Glenn Barnas Administrator Offline
KiX Supporter

Loc: New Jersey
Cool - FYI - I just created a GetLDAPData UDF to my site. It is a front-end to fnLDAPQuery that returns a single-dimension array of users, groups, computers, OUs, or Sites from AD. You can specify a starting path (OU=Special Accounts,) and a qualifier (EU*) to limit the results, but it defaults to all objects found from the root, down. Might be helpful. The single-dim array is easier to work with than the array of arrays returned by fnLDAPQuery. There are a couple of LDAP and OU search UDFs on the site.

Glenn

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  Jochen, Allen, Radimus, Glenn Barnas, ShaneEP, Ruud van Velsen, Arend_, Mart 
Hop to:
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered and 242 anonymous users online.
Newest Members
SERoyalty, mytar, Gabriel, Alex_Evos, Dansen
17869 Registered Users

Generated in 0.107 seconds in which 0.078 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.

Search the board with:
superb Board Search
or try with google:
Google
Web kixtart.org