Thanks, yes a lookup table would certainly be first on my list!
We don't publish our printers in AD, we used to but then users were ending up with 20 / 30 printers they'd installed themselves on their profiles and used once. Annoying for our engineers when rebuilding a profile or a whole machine. We push them out with GPO to those who need it. It's possible we might start publishing them again though (something I recently considered proposing myself) as in the long run it does seem easier for users. (We have 170+ printers in our organisation)

Wow, it's taken me a while to go through the SNMP OIDs on each of the 7 different models of printer we have. For a while I couldn't suss out getting the toner levels, no integers in the SNMPWalk results seemed to match up or if they did then they'd give the same result each time for different printers. Clearly they weren't right. I then found that there's a standard OID for toner levels (and Xerox follows the standard luckily) and really weirdly you don't just get a single integer for the toner level, you actually have to look for the maximum value and the current value. Then you get your percentage of toner left by doing the usual divide current by max and * 100

Will be fun to get this working!