In theory all these scripts can be adapted to NT workstation but I doubt they will work as is with NT workstation. The registry in Win95/98 and NT are very simular but just different enough to force you to write specific scripts for each type of station.

I think you would have to write an NT variant & use kixtart to detect the type of OS & call the script accordingly. (Our kixtart scripts use to have 2 versions Win3.11 & Win95 but we just eliminated Win3.11 a few months asgo.)

Personally, I think NT Workstation in a school is not a good idea. No matter how hard you try students or wear & tear brings your systems down. Systems in schools take much more abuse than in an office or home environment. We find that keeping a school lab running takes a lot of hands on maintainance.

Our experience with NT is that while it is rock-solid when running it is bitch to repair or rebuild. Usually a complete wipe & rebuild is necessary where Win95 can be fixed with a DOS boot disk & a few CDs of drivers. In our schools GPFs are not really much of an issue but failing hardware & corrupted files are an every day issue. I think Win95/98 is more robust than NT when it comes to repairing a damaged system.

A further point is NT (& more so Win2000) requires significant more RAM & HD space than Win95/98. Typically you have to pay $200 to $300 more in hardware to run NT.

All those great "efficiencies" that MS boasts in NT are not really very helpful in a school and it is my personal opinion that Win95/98 has a lower "total cost of ownership" in a school.

Of course, in an office environment NT workstation shines.