I think an effort to keep a standard library of inbuilt functions and macros that mirror as identically as possible those found in KiXtart should continue. That must include proper numerical error codes. If that means catching exception types and exiting such functions with correct error numbers, then that is what we should do. Been able to turn it on an off (like case sensitivity) would be great - with the default being to automatically catch.

I would love to see more KiXtart community members upload functions and macros. Even just one (for kix) to both give it a go as well as contribute to SteelKiX language becoming a full superset of KiXtart. It is a tall order order however, but if we make it, then maybe someone like iTripoli may feel like upgrading ASE to support SteelKiX with intellisense, and then I believe and hope this thing will REALLY take off!

I lament that my time is pretty limited at the moment and I have an ongoing issue with RSI, but I would like to contribute more to this as I can. I hope others do to.

Lastly, I don't see SteelKiX as diminishing KiXtart in anyway. Rather it is a tribute and adduct to KiXtart, this forum, and of course Ruud - to whom we all owe a debt of gratitude.