Shawn summed it up regarding correct syntax:
Quote:

By the way - my take on correct syntax is - as long as the interpreter doesn't complain about it - its correct syntax.

The interpreter is not complaining, so why should I

It's not my fault that KiXtart doesn't check for closing ENDIFs. But if everybody wishes I can submit this as a) a bug report to Ruud to be fixed in the next version, or b) an incorrect description in the KiXtart Manual as ENDIFs are apparently optional. Maybe the corresponding entry should be written as IF...[ELSE]...[ENDIF] to indicate otional ELSE/ENDIF.

Regarding the brute-force methods, I have Jooels code running on my work-laptop since this morning and that thing is not making much progress. I consider this common business laptop model (IBM T40) as representative of a "somewhat slower" computer.

And just to make it clear, I have not disallowed brute-force methods outright, maybe one of the next KiXgolf challenges might even use one. What the rule does not allow is excessive run-times to solve the challenge. Three days on a rather fast computer and then extrapolated most likely six days for the complete set of tests is in my mind on the rather excessive side.

An updated ranking of the public challenge will follow tomorrow.