To put in my humble 2 cents, i would love to see break on become the default. I never use break off and therefore it holds no real value to me whatsoever. And yes, i've been logged off many times in the past and i'm sure i will be in the future too.

And just because the suggestion may stem from laziness and isn't as important as others, doesn't mean it's not valid. if the majority of the community would like to see the change, then i think it should be changed (or at least considered). There have been many suggestions ignored over the years basically because of their complexity. I can't imagine changing the default behavior of BREAK being too much of a challenge for Ruud.

Not to mention it won't break any scripts, it will just change their behavior. And i assume most people use it for logon scripts only so how difficult would it be to add BREAK OFF to the top of the scripts before upgrading to the new version. Laziness goes both ways.

But in the end, i don't care that much. If Break Off remains the default, i won't lose any sleep at night. It'd just be nice to see it changed IMHO.