Quote:

Hey Allan... I may have found an bug or two...I noticed this in both 2.18 and 2.19.

Within Kixtarter the below works as expected...
1. Highlight/Select a group of lines
2. Edit/Copy
3. Highlight/Select a group of different lines
4. Edit/Paste
5. Edit/Undo

Redo, changing step 1 to copy a selection of text from another program. In step 5 you should notice it does not undo the paste. (While writing this, all of a sudden I could not reproduce this behavior, but as soon as I restarted Kixtarter, it started doing it again)

The other error I have more trouble reproducing, and as a matter of fact only found by accident(I didn't mean to do it). If I highlight a group of text and then click on it again, it changes the pointer to an arrow with a "+" under it. Moving this around or possibly off the screen will sometimes cause the editor to crash. If its of any use, here is the dump from the crash...

Quote:

(bunch of cryptic debug info clipped)

Allen,

Well I couldn't reproduce your first problem everything seemed to copy/paste/redo/undo just fine. I'll keep playing though.

For the second problem I did get a crash doing some drags and drops. The little plus sign under the text is normal, its telling you that by draging your selection and dropping it will do a copy. I should pop up a menu that lets you select copy or move but when I wrote this I wasn't that good with invoking popup menus after an event. I've gotten better so maybe I'll add that. The drag and drop though does seem a bit buggy. I'll take a look when I get a chance.....look for a 2.20 in the next couple weeks.

Quote:

As he does not check this site often, I would go to his site and submit the comment form there. He is pretty good about getting back with you too.

Kent

Yeah, usually once a week or two. I have too many other VB programs I'm working on, but on the plus side I keep learning new tricks. Always remember in Kixtarter "Help" -> "Submit Bug or Feedback..." and just fill in the form and as much info as you can (Kixtarter version, OS version, Basic PC specs, what you were doing, is it repeatable, etc). If its in my email I can file it easier and keep track of it and when its fixed. When its posted here I'm not as good at keeping track of things.

Allan.