Sealeopard Offline
KiX Master

Loc: Boston, MA, USA
Thanks, Ruud!

#87493 - 2005-01-11 12:20 PM Re: Scripting "User cannot change password" option
Joost Offline
Lurker

Hi there,

New on the forum! How's everybody doing?

I'm looking for a way to set the "User cannot change password". I can't get the code in this topic to work, but I have something interesting:

You al know the UserAccountControl option. With ADSI edit (Can be found in the support kit) you can view the value(Integer) of the UserAccountControl. With only one value set (Password never expires) the value = 66080. Changing the "User cannot change password option in de AD User and Computers value, the UserAccountControl value doensn't change.

My conclusion is: You can't change the User Cannot Change Password option by setting the UserAccountControl. It must be ACL! Correct me if i'm totaly wrong please...

Anyone more succes?

#87494 - 2005-01-11 05:03 PM Re: Scripting "User cannot change password" option
Howard Bullock Offline
KiX Supporter

Loc: Harrisburg, PA USA
You can set this flag. See my web page for a description of the bits of the flag and what they mean.

http://home.comcast.net/~habullock/Win32Admin.htm#User

Did you read the rest of the this thread? There is posted code that works using the WinNT:// ADSI provider.

UserAccountControl would be used for LDAP and should also work. My guess is that you are not viewing the the same server with ADSIEDIT that you had changed.

Page 2 of 2 <12

Moderator:  Shawn, ShaneEP, Ruud van Velsen, Arend_, Jochen, Radimus, Glenn Barnas, Allen, Mart 
Hop to:
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered and 248 anonymous users online.
Newest Members
gespanntleuchten, DaveatAdvanced, Paulo_Alves, UsTaaa, xxJJxx
17864 Registered Users

Generated in 0.099 seconds in which 0.056 seconds were spent on a total of 13 queries. Zlib compression enabled.

Search the board with:
superb Board Search
or try with google:
Google
Web kixtart.org