Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#8748 - 2001-05-16 07:50 PM Bat2exe work using SU?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I need to convert my text file to a com file to hide the administrator password when using SU. It works fine before I convert it....after i convert it to a .COM file...no go. Anyone had success using this?
#8749 - 2001-05-17 02:45 PM Re: Bat2exe work using SU?
attiahia Offline
Hey THIS is FUN

Install shield package allow you to generate a protected EXE file, during the generating process you will put kix32 as a engine for executing your script and the software will generate a new package include the 2 files as well as any more files you might need them to be placed in the target PC during executing your EXE file.

If you search in this board you will fined so many code wrote about SU.

If you like you can read about RCMD “remote command” which is one of Windows 2000 & WINNT Resource Kite command, you might fined it much easier and powerful than SU.

Thank you

#8750 - 2001-05-17 04:48 PM Re: Bat2exe work using SU?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks...I'll take a look and see what it can do. I've done tons of research on SU in this forum, but have never run across anyone recommending or using RCMD.
#8751 - 2001-05-17 05:23 PM Re: Bat2exe work using SU?
Bryce Offline
KiX Supporter

Loc: Houston TX
Hmmm

RCMD might have some really cool uses! You will have to have admin rights to install the rcmdsvc service, but I am sure that I could rewrite my Su_installer script to be a RCMD_Installer.

------------------
kix.isorg.net

#8752 - 2001-05-17 05:26 PM Re: Bat2exe work using SU?
Jochen Administrator Offline
KiX Supporter

Loc: Stuttgart, Germany
i am using rcmd a lot !
be aware of error codes : 1 = successful
And i haven't managed yet to run a Kix script with rcmd ... running batch files : No problem !

Jochen

#8753 - 2001-05-18 07:39 AM Re: Bat2exe work using SU?
MCA Offline
KiX Supporter

Loc: Netherlands, EU
Dear,

Many times there was a discussion about the security of f.e BAT files,
which contains sensitive data (f.e. administrator password).
Some of those topic are:
http://kixtart.org/board/Forum2/HTML/001433.html
http://kixtart.org/board/Forum2/HTML/001558.html
which handles about

• Bat2exec
  • secure21

Both programs we will find at our site
http://home.wanadoo.nl/scripting
Greetings.

------------------
Site map:

email scripting@wanadoo.nl homepage scripting@wanadoo.nl | Links | Summary of Site Site KiXforms FAQ kixtart.org library collection mirror MCA | FAQ & UDF help file UDF kixtart.org library collection mirror MCA | mirror USA | mirror europe UDF scriptlogic library collection UDFs | mirror MCA

#8754 - 2001-05-18 03:19 PM Re: Bat2exe work using SU?
attiahia Offline
Hey THIS is FUN

Following is KIX script for install RCMD on target workstations and then use RCMD to install or execute any command over target PC's.

(1): open (1,C:\WorkStations.txt) ;where you can place all workstation that you want execute any command over them.

$temp = readline(1)
DO
$PClist = WRITEPROFILESTRING("C:\RCMD.ini","Machine List", $ temp , " INCLUDE")
;previous step will read PC names from your TXT file and this step will send them to RCMD.INI under Machine List.

$temp = readline(1)

until @error <> 0 OR $temp = "The command completed successfully."
close(1)

;from your PC (will be called source) you should have Service.exe then--

SHELL "%COMSPEC% /E:1024 /C C:\Service.exe /install /start /a /l C:\RCMD.ini"
? @serror

; This step might be enough to install and start the service but in some cases you might need to start it 2 times, therefore ---

SHELL "%COMSPEC% /E:1024 /C C:\Rservice.exe /start /a /l E:\ServicePack\SAP1.ini"
? @Serror

;please read carefully in RCMD help file about /A and RCMD INI sections.

SHELL '%COMSPEC% /E:1024 /C net use B: \\Server name\Shared /user:user with Admin privileges over target PC’s Password'

;Net Use will map all your target to Server name & shared where you keep your software that you want to install over target PC’s.

SHELL '%COMSPEC% /E:1024 /C B:\my software.exe

SHELL '%COMSPEC% /E:1024 /C NET USE B: /delete'

In some cases after net use make the new map drive RCMD can’t use this new map to run your EXE over the target PC’s(I faced this problem with SAP front end where the SAP folder that need to be placed on the server/shared is 185 MB) however if you faced such problem or in implementing any steep of the previous steps I will try to help.

Thak you.

Note: I used the previous script (with some additional code) to install many software over 200 PC’s for the last 9 months, however I don’t think I would be able to do any of this without Bryce support where I learned a lot from his scripts either his script about SU or any other scripts.

------------------

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  Jochen, Allen, Radimus, Glenn Barnas, ShaneEP, Ruud van Velsen, Arend_, Mart 
Hop to:
Shout Box

Who's Online
1 registered (Allen) and 382 anonymous users online.
Newest Members
gespanntleuchten, DaveatAdvanced, Paulo_Alves, UsTaaa, xxJJxx
17864 Registered Users

Generated in 0.055 seconds in which 0.025 seconds were spent on a total of 12 queries. Zlib compression enabled.

Search the board with:
superb Board Search
or try with google:
Google
Web kixtart.org