Page 4 of 4 <1234
Topic Options
#85260 - 2002-11-15 03:18 PM Re: Kixforms: Manage User Details - Here`s MUD in your eye !
Les Offline
KiX Master

Loc: fortfrances.on.ca
There is a lag time with the rating system. The results are not instant. I observed this with members that had no votes and I gave them a rating.

#85261 - 2002-11-15 03:19 PM Re: Kixforms: Manage User Details - Here`s MUD in your eye !
Jochen Administrator Offline
KiX Supporter

Loc: Stuttgart, Germany
Would do, but already voted [Frown]

#85262 - 2002-11-15 04:56 PM Re: Kixforms: Manage User Details - Here`s MUD in your eye !
Kdyer Offline
KiX Supporter

Loc: Tigard, OR
Please excuse my previous post. I noticed that can be configured in the INI file.

Getting a weird error when I try to search for myself, for example:
quote:

Script error: array reference out of bounds!
$Group2Array[$Group2CNT]=$Group.Name

It does not seem to matter if I put in the userid or search and then select one.

Thanks!

Kent

#85263 - 2002-11-15 05:55 PM Re: Kixforms: Manage User Details - Here`s MUD in your eye !
Bonji Offline
Starting to like KiXtart

Loc: Virginia
Kent,

Are you saying you're not concerned with the WTS settings and would rather see the standard profile and home folder settings? We don't use the standard settings, but I think it would be good for me to include them. My priority was the Terminal Server settings since I needed someone in our company to be able to set those without going through the AD tool on the server. I'll put it on my to-do list for the tool.

[EDIT]
Kent, just noticed your post above mine was regarding your other post to me [Smile] . The drive letter can be set through the Options button (is maintained in the INI file). And the error you hit is probably due to a bad programming technique I've used since I couldn't quickly find a better way to do it (only time I had to do this in the script [Wink] ). I'm guessing you have more then 200 groups defined in your organization. If this is so then that is why you are hitting the problem. You need to change the value of the variable $MaxGroups to something higher then the total number of groups. The reason for this is that I have to create an array without knowing what size it needs to be later so I just set it to the value of $MaxGroups. Once the array is filled with data, it is resized down. Let me know if changing that variable doesn't work.

-If anyone can give me a proper way to address the above problem I would appreciate it. Basically I need to fill an array with a list without knowing the total number of items in the list until I reach the end of the data stream. I could probably run through the list once while maintaining a counter and then define the array and process the list again to fill the array. I'll make it work like this if there are no suggestions on a better way to do it.

Shawn: While I'm thinking about it...can a menu be included in a form such as 'FILE EDIT VIEW HELP'. Also what about tabs such as Display properties on Windows. Thanks.

-Ben
http://www.rgcweb.org/kix

[ 15. November 2002, 18:22: Message edited by: Ben Dulaney ]

#85264 - 2002-11-15 06:31 PM Re: Kixforms: Manage User Details - Here`s MUD in your eye !
Shawn Administrator Offline
Administrator

Menus and MenuItems are slated for build 38 (the next build after the next release) ... Tabs were slated for build 40 because I wanted to finish-off the RichEdit (RichTextBox) control. So I would build 40 for that ...

The dynamic array thingy can be supported using the REDIM PRESERVE algorithm, try a BBS search for that puppy. Sure you will get some samples posted here very shortly [Wink]

#85265 - 2002-11-15 06:37 PM Re: Kixforms: Manage User Details - Here`s MUD in your eye !
Kdyer Offline
KiX Supporter

Ben..

This stuff is so sweet..

I have a pretty good vested interst in this too.

I want to do the following..

When creating or updating a user when the WTS properties are added/changed, it adds in:
  • The User info
  • Checks for the profile and homedir
  • If the homedir does not exist, add the appropriate security to it.
  • The security perms for a folder is something that Shawn, Ceej, and I bounced around about year ago. [Big Grin]
Anyway, here is the code that I have modified..
What I intend to do is to either read in an excel spreadsheet or have it look for a specific domain user group and apply the perms to it. Additionally, we are migrating users (again).. So, these shares will need to be updated with the users on the new domain.

'Nuff rambling, here goes (yes, it is vb code) and we have a port-over to KiX too.
code:
'Use the wtsapi32.dll from VBS

' VB Constant declarations for WTS_CONFIG_CLASS
Const WTSUserConfigInitialProgram = &H0 ' string
Const WTSUserConfigWorkingDirectory = &H1 ' string
Const WTSUserConfigfInheritInitialProgram = &H2 ' DWORD
Const WTSUserConfigfAllowLogonTerminalServer = &H3 ' DWORD

' Timeout settings
Const WTSUserConfigTimeoutSettingsConnections = &H4 ' DWORD
Const WTSUserConfigTimeoutSettingsDisconnections = &H5 ' DWORD
Const WTSUserConfigTimeoutSettingsIdle = &H6 ' DWORD

' Client device settings
Const WTSUserConfigfDeviceClientDrives = &H7 ' DWORD
Const WTSUserConfigfDeviceClientPrinters = &H8 ' DWORD
Const WTSUserConfigfDeviceClientDefaultPrinter = &H9 ' DWORD

' Connection settings
Const WTSUserConfigBrokenTimeoutSettings = &HA ' DWORD
Const WTSUserConfigReconnectSettings = &HB ' DWORD

' Modem settings
Const WTSUserConfigModemCallbackSettings = &HC ' DWORD
Const WTSUserConfigModemCallbackPhoneNumber = &HD ' string

' Shadow settings
Const WTSUserConfigShadowingSettings = &HE ' DWORD

' User Profile settings
Const WTSUserConfigTerminalServerProfilePath = &HF ' string

' Terminal Server home directory
Const WTSUserConfigTerminalServerHomeDir = &H10 ' string
Const WTSUserConfigTerminalServerHomeDirDrive = &H11 ' string
Const WTSUserConfigfTerminalServerRemoteHomeDir = &H12 ' DWORD

'*************************************************************************
Dim TSCFG

Set TSCFG= CreateObject("UserConfig.TSUserConfig")
Set oFs = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")

' -- Grab the current domain you are running this script from
Set WshNetwork = WScript.CreateObject("WScript.Network")
TSCFG.Domain = WshNetwork.UserDomain
' -- If you want to manually set this, uncomment the next line and comment the previous two
'TSCFG.Domain = "MYDOMAIN"
'TSCFG.Domain = InputBox("Type The Domain name")

' -- Set the server where the shares reside
ShareServer = "SHARESERVER"

Debugger = "_No" 'If you want to see visual results, set this to be "_Yes"

TSCFG.UserName = InputBox("Type a User Name")

If TSCFG.UserName = "" Then
WScript.Echo "No UserID input provided. Stopping script now."
WScript.Quit (1)
End If

'We need to check and if need be create some folders for this user..
' Capture the name of the server are you adding the share to
TextShare = "\\" & ShareServer & "\D" & Chr(36)

' Setting the user$ variable - jdoe$ - Hidden shares don't show when browsing to a server
TextUserN = TSCFG.UserName & Chr(36)

' Setting the user1$ variable - jdoe1$ - Hidden shares don't show when browsing to a server
' Why are we using a jdoe1$ ?? This server has other shared drives for local Corporate User too.
TextUserNM = TSCFG.UserName & "1" & Chr(36) ' Created for home_dir

' Path for user folders
Homedir = TextShare & "\Citrix_Homedir"
Profiles = TextShare & "\Citrix_Profiles"

' Now let's create a variable to work with - \\SERVER\users\jdoe
' Directory to save
UserProfileDir = Profiles & "\" & TSCFG.UserName

' Check existence for folder
If Debugger = "_Yes" Then
If oFs.FolderExists(UserProfileDir) Then
WScript.Echo "The citrix profiles folder " & UserProfileDir & " already exists."
end if
end if

UserHomeDir = Homedir & "\" & TSCFG.UserName

' Check existence for folder
If oFs.FolderExists(UserHomeDir) Then
WScript.Echo "The citrix Home_dir folder " & UserHomeDir & vbcrlf & " already exists and we are continuing."
end if
end if

' Create folder Profiles
If Not oFs.FolderExists(UserHomeDir) Then oFs.CreateFolder UserHomeDir

If Not oFs.FolderExists(UserProfileDir) Then oFs.CreateFolder UserProfileDir

' Create share
Set FservObj = GetObject("WinNT://" & ShareServer & "/lanmanserver")

If oFs.FolderExists("\\" & ShareServer & "\" & TextUserNM) Then
WScript.Echo "The share \\" & ShareServer & "\" & TextUserNM & " already exists." & vbcrlf & " Continuing..."
end if
else
' Create the share for the server jdoe1$
set newshare = FservObj.create("fileshare",TextUserNM)
' Set the path for the share on the server - D:\Users
newshare.path = "D:\Citrix_Homedir\" & TSCFG.UserName
newshare.setinfo
WScript.Echo "The folders for " & TSCFG.UserName & " and share have been created."
end if

'-- Query the information for debugging - uncomment the next three lines to see this
'MsgBox TSCFG.QueryUserConfig(WTSUserConfigTerminalServerProfilePath)
'MsgBox TSCFG.QueryUserConfig(WTSUserConfigTerminalServerHomeDir)
'MsgBox TSCFG.QueryUserConfig(WTSUserConfigTerminalServerHomeDirDrive)

'-- Set some information
TSCFG.SetUserConfig WTSUserConfigfAllowLogonTerminalServer, 1
TSCFG.SetUserConfig WTSUserConfigTerminalServerProfilePath , "\\" & ShareServer & "\CITRIX_PROFILES\" & TSCFG.UserName
TSCFG.SetUserConfig WTSUserConfigTerminalServerHomeDirDrive , "H:"
TSCFG.SetUserConfig WTSUserConfigTerminalServerHomeDir , "\\" & ShareServer & "\" & TSCFG.UserName & "1" & chr(36)

WScript.Echo "The User Profile and Home Drive Server have been set for " & vbcrlf & TSCFG.UserName & vbcrlf & " and may take up to an hour to show up."

l = 0
'*** show all settings - documentation; see below!
'For x = 0 To 18
' MsgBox "setting " & x & " = " & TSCFG.QueryUserConfig(x)
'Next

''' --- Example Code and settings you can use..

'*** change a few settings:
'TSCFG.SetUserConfig WTSUserConfigWorkingDirectory , "c:\workdir"
'TSCFG.SetUserConfig WTSUserConfigInitialProgram , "startup.exe"

'*** http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/termserv/tsref_9z76.asp

'WTSUserConfigInitialProgram
'A null-terminated string containing the path of the initial program that Terminal Services
'runs when the user logs on.
'If the WTSUserConfigfInheritInitialProgram value is 1, the initial program can be any
'program specified by the client.

'WTSUserConfigfInheritInitialProgram
'WTSUserConfigfInheritInitialProgram value is 1, the initial program can be any program
'specified by the client.

'WTSUserConfigWorkingDirectory
'A null-terminated string containing the path of the working directory for the initial
'program.
'WTSUserConfigfInheritInitialProgram
'A value that indicates whether the client can specify the initial program. Value Meaning
'0 The client cannot specify the initial program. The WTSUserConfigInitialProgram string
'indicates the initial program. If you specify a user's initial program, that's the only
'program they can run; terminal server logs off the user when the user exits that program.
'1 The client can specify the initial program.

'WTSUserConfigfAllowLogonTerminalServer
'A value that indicates whether the user account is permitted to log on to a terminal server.
'Value Meaning
'0 The user cannot logon.
'1 The user can logon.

'WTSUserConfigTimeoutSettingsConnections
'A DWORD value that specifies the maximum connection duration, in milliseconds. One minute
'before the connection timeout interval expires, the user is notified of the pending
'disconnection. The user's session is disconnected or terminated depending on the
'WTSUserConfigBrokenTimeoutSettings value. Every time the user logs on, the timer is reset.
'A value of zero indicates the connection timer is disabled.
'WTSUserConfigTimeoutSettingsDisconnections
'A DWORD value that specifies the maximum duration, in milliseconds, that a terminal
'server retains a disconnected session before the logon is terminated. A value of zero
'indicates the disconnection timer is disabled.
'WTSUserConfigTimeoutSettingsIdle
'A DWORD value that specifies the maximum idle time, in milliseconds. If there is no
'keyboard or mouse activity for the specified interval, the user's session is disconnected
'or terminated depending on the WTSUserConfigBrokenTimeoutSettings value. A value of zero
'indicates the idle timer is disabled.
'WTSUserConfigfDeviceClientDrives
'Citrix ICA clients: A value that indicates whether the terminal server automatically
'reestablishes client drive mappings at logon. Value Meaning
'0 The server does not automatically connect to previously mapped client drives.
'1 The server automatically connects to previously mapped client drives at logon.

'WTSUserConfigfDeviceClientPrinters
'RDP 5.0 clients and Citrix ICA clients: A value that indicates whether the terminal server
'automatically reestablishes client printer mappings at logon. Value Meaning
'0 The server does not automatically connect to previously mapped client printers.
'1 The server automatically connects to previously mapped client printers at logon.

'WTSUserConfigfDeviceClientDefaultPrinter
'RDP 5.0 clients and Citrix ICA clients: A value that indicates whether the client printer
'is the default printer. Value Meaning
'0 The client printer is not the default printer.
'1 The client printer is the default printer.

'WTSUserConfigBrokenTimeoutSettings
'A value that indicates what happens when the connection or idle timers expire or when a
'connection is lost due to a connection error. Value Meaning
'0 The session is disconnected.
'1 The session is terminated.

'WTSUserConfigReconnectSettings
'A value that indicates how a disconnected session for this user can be reconnected.
'Value Meaning
'0 The user can log on to any client computer to reconnect to a disconnected session.
'Note that sessions started at clients other than the system console cannot be connected
'to the system console, and sessions started at the system console cannot be disconnected.
'1 The user can reconnect to a disconnected session by logging on to the client computer
'used to establish the disconnected session. If the user logs on from a different client
'computer, the user gets a new logon session.

'WTSUserConfigModemCallbackSettings
'Citrix ICA clients: A value that indicates the configuration for dialup connections in which
'the terminal server hangs up and then calls back the client to establish the connection.
'Value Meaning
'0 Callback connections are disabled.
'1 The server prompts the user to enter a phone number and calls the user back at that phone
'number. You can use the WTSUserConfigModemCallbackPhoneNumber value to specify a default
'phone number.
'2 The server automatically calls the user back at the phone number specified by the
'WTSUserConfigModemCallbackPhoneNumber value.

'WTSUserConfigModemCallbackPhoneNumber
'Citrix ICA clients: A null-terminated string containing the phone number to use for callback
'connections.
'WTSUserConfigShadowingSettings
'RDP 5.0 clients and Citrix ICA clients: A value that indicates whether the user session can
'be shadowed. Shadowing allows a user to remotely monitor the on-screen operations of another user.
'Value Meaning
'0 Disable
'1 Enable input, notify
'2 Enable input, no notify
'3 Enable no input, notify
'4 Enable no input, no notify

'WTSUserConfigTerminalServerProfilePath
'A null-terminated string containing the path of the user's profile for terminal server logon.
'The directory the path identifies must be created manually, and must exist prior to the logon.
'WTSSetUserConfig will not create the directory if it does not already exist.
'WTSUserConfigTerminalServerHomeDir
'A null-terminated string containing the path of the user's home directory for terminal server
'logon. This string can specify a local path or a UNC path (\\machine\share\path). See
'WTSUserConfigfTerminalServerRemoteHomeDir.
'WTSUserConfigTerminalServerHomeDirDrive
'A null-terminated string containing a drive specification (a drive letter followed by a colon)
'to which the UNC path specified in the WTSUserConfigTerminalServerHomeDir string is mapped.
'See WTSUserConfigfTerminalServerRemoteHomeDir.
'WTSUserConfigfTerminalServerRemoteHomeDir
'A value that indicates whether the user's home directory for terminal server logon is a local
'path or a mapped drive letter. Note that this value cannot be used with WTSSetUserConfig.
'Value Meaning
'0 The WTSUserConfigTerminalServerHomeDir string contains the local path of the user's terminal
'server logon home directory.
'1 The WTSUserConfigTerminalServerHomeDir string contains the UNC path of the user's terminal
'server logon home directory, and the WTSUserConfigTerminalServerHomeDirDrive string contains
'a drive letter to which the UNC path is mapped.

#85266 - 2002-11-15 07:14 PM Re: Kixforms: Manage User Details - Here`s MUD in your eye !
Bonji Offline
Starting to like KiXtart

Shawn: I already use REDIM to resize my array down, however I was wondering if there was a better way to declare an array without knowing the total of the list of items. After pondering this for a bit, I don't think there is a better way to do it as you can't set an array to the correct size without knowing what the correct size is to begin with. Thanks for your input though! I'm looking forward to the next builds of Kixforms!

Kent: Am I correct in guessing that you have taken the .dll and changed the code to suit your needs? Is this the same .dll I use for my tool?

-Ben

#85267 - 2002-11-15 07:25 PM Re: Kixforms: Manage User Details - Here`s MUD in your eye !
Kdyer Offline
KiX Supporter

Ben,

To answer your question, I have not modified the DLL, but the sample code (the VBS file) that came with it.

We need to give credit where credit is due..

Ceej (or CJ) was the one who came up with this via a NewsGroup (as I remember)..

Started to dig into this and found that the author - bambi@crackdealer.com (no, this is not a typo) was the one who wrote this and did some more investigation and found it over on http://planetsourcecode.com and specifically -

[URL=

Terminal Server UserConfig

So, downloaded the files, sparked up Visual Studio and compiled the DLL.

Thanks!

Kent

[ 15. November 2002, 19:26: Message edited by: kdyer ]

#85268 - 2002-11-23 03:23 AM Re: Kixforms: Manage User Details - Here`s MUD in your eye !
cj Offline
MM club member

Loc: Brisbane, Australia
.NET now supports functions to modify the Terminal Server settings, so TSUserConfig's days are numbered.

I still use TSUC though.

cj

#85269 - 2002-11-23 03:27 AM Re: Kixforms: Manage User Details - Here`s MUD in your eye !
Les Offline
KiX Master

Loc: fortfrances.on.ca
Welcome back ceej... been over 3 months.

#85270 - 2002-11-25 01:45 PM Re: Kixforms: Manage User Details - Here`s MUD in your eye !
Bonji Offline
Starting to like KiXtart

Will the TSUC dll still manipulate the same settings on a .NET server? I would like my tool to work on 2000 and .NET, however we will not be upgrading to .NET ever (most likely) since we just upgraded to 2000. The next time we upgrade it will probably be to the version after .NET.

-Ben

#85271 - 2002-11-26 05:01 PM Re: Kixforms: Manage User Details - Here`s MUD in your eye !
Kdyer Offline
KiX Supporter

Ben,

Getting the following err message:
quote:

Script error: array reference out of bounds!
$Group2Array[$Group2CNT]=$Group.Name

If I comment out:
code:
		IF $Group.Class = "Group"
;$Group2Array[$Group2CNT]=$Group.Name
$Group2CNT = $Group2CNT + 1
ENDIF

It appears to work but the available groups in the Network User Manager do not appear to populate.

Kent

#85272 - 2002-11-26 07:36 PM Re: Kixforms: Manage User Details - Here`s MUD in your eye !
Administrator

Kent, think we are supposed to change this variable:

$MaxGroups

if the number of groups the in the domain blows
past the array, or at least wasn't Ben hinting
at implementing one of those dynarrays to handle
this ... does your version have this feature or
is it an older one ?

-Shawn

[ 26. November 2002, 19:37: Message edited by: Shawn ]

#85273 - 2002-11-26 08:38 PM Re: Kixforms: Manage User Details - Here`s MUD in your eye !
Bonji Offline
Starting to like KiXtart

Yeah, the $MaxGroups has to be changed, however I meant to have that changed already where that value no longer needs to be set. I hope to have the code changed today (before I leave on a turkey trip). Will update when done...

[EDIT]
That was easier then I thought. I've updated the code so that the variable will no longer need to be set. It now enumerates all items and keeps a count of items then sets $MaxGroups to the counters final value.

-Ben

[ 26. November 2002, 20:47: Message edited by: Ben Dulaney ]

#85274 - 2002-11-26 08:47 PM Re: Kixforms: Manage User Details - Here`s MUD in your eye !
Kdyer Offline
KiX Supporter

Ok moved it to 1600 Groups and works fine..

Kent

#85275 - 2004-01-08 12:41 AM Re: Kixforms: Manage User Details - Here`s MUD in your eye !
BogdanSUA Offline
Fresh Scripter

Loc: Chicago
I tried to use the Network Manager script as posted at http://www.rgcweb.org/kix/

I made sure to download and properly install all the requirements.

But I keep getting an error stating
Script error: missing ENDFUNCTION for [getgroups1]!

So I took out the Getgroups1 section from the script. Now the form pops up. Am I doing something wrong? Is anyone else having this problem?

Regards,

BogdanSUA

FYI: I am trying this on a WinXP SP1 box on a Win2003 domain.

Edited by BogdanSUA (2004-01-08 12:42 AM)

#85276 - 2004-01-08 12:52 AM Re: Kixforms: Manage User Details - Here`s MUD in your eye !
Administrator

Was just checking out the latest code and spotted this line:

Code:

$QueryString = " 1
$TstBit = $TstBit / 2
LOOP

Looks like an unclosed quote to me.

-Shawn

#85277 - 2004-01-09 06:56 PM Re: Kixforms: Manage User Details - Here`s MUD in your eye !
BogdanSUA Offline
Fresh Scripter

Loc: Chicago
Yup that was it. I closed the quote and it works now.

Thanks,

BogdanSUA

#85278 - 2004-01-20 04:11 PM Re: Kixforms: Manage User Details - Here`s MUD in your eye !
Bonji Offline
Starting to like KiXtart

Hey guys. First off I must apologize for not having my latest version of the network manager tool posted. That has now been remedied. I have added a few features and bug fixes, however please let me know if you have any problems with the code as I am not as close to it as I used to be. I hope to have a page up for sending feedback on the code directly to me so I can be timely with responding to any issues.

That being said, I'm confused as to the problem reported by BogdanUSA. I cannot find this problem in my production code or in the code on my webpage. Is there a different version floating around now or am I missing something?

Thanks for keeping me on the straight and narrow.

-Ben

Edited by Ben Dulaney (2004-01-20 04:33 PM)

Page 4 of 4 <1234

Moderator:  Shawn, ShaneEP, Ruud van Velsen, Arend_, Jochen, Radimus, Glenn Barnas, Allen, Mart 
Hop to:
Shout Box

Who's Online
1 registered (Allen) and 382 anonymous users online.
Newest Members
gespanntleuchten, DaveatAdvanced, Paulo_Alves, UsTaaa, xxJJxx
17864 Registered Users

Generated in 0.075 seconds in which 0.028 seconds were spent on a total of 13 queries. Zlib compression enabled.

Search the board with:
superb Board Search
or try with google:
Google
Web kixtart.org