Page 2 of 2 <12
Topic Options
#79020 - 2002-07-09 10:25 AM Re: 4.10 Final @ macro issues
NTDOC Administrator Offline
Administrator

Loc: CA
MCA... Well I want to soon!, but now I'm a little "Gun Shy" and will probably wait a little bit longer to verify no other odd problems arise. I don't have control over the AD like I do on our own NT 4.0 Domain, so I have to rely on others to copy the files and updates for me.

Would dislike having to ask for their help if another problem stuck out its ugly head.

Thanks to everyone for the quick replies and updates on all this stuff.

#79021 - 2002-07-09 11:12 PM Re: 4.10 Final @ macro issues
Radimus Moderator Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
I'll probably wait for about another couple of weeks yet, for the real oddball issues to be discovered.

Then I'll go through my scripts to see where code could be optimized to use the new features, then after sufficient testing, I get to pass it along to my know-nothing network managers for their headscratching, open mouthed review, and then I can see if we'll deploy it.

Of course, we'll deploy a Windows SP the moment Bill releases it.

#79022 - 2002-07-10 03:07 PM Re: 4.10 Final @ macro issues
New Mexico Mark Offline
Hey THIS is FUN

Loc: Columbia, SC
I deployed KiXtart 4.10a yesterday afternoon. Things are working fine here. (Single domain, ~500 clients, Win2K/NT only, no AD.)

I had to modify the logon script because I used the MakePath() function on the ScriptLogic function board in the script. It is incompatible with KiXtart 4.10 because it uses a Join UDF that is slightly different from the new internal Join function. I've posted a comment for the author in that forum.

Rather than re-invent the wheel, I got the MakePath() UDF from this board, translated it to my style and removed the Join() UDF from the script. Woiks like a chaaam, it does.

New Mexico Mark

#79023 - 2002-07-10 03:34 PM Re: 4.10 Final @ macro issues
MCA Offline
KiX Supporter

Loc: Netherlands, EU
Dear,

Good news and also a good point that as user you must verify which UDFs becomes an internal kixtart function.

We are running now also without any problem.
It is a mix of W95/ME/NT/W2K/XP clients and NT/W2K servers with different languages
(German, English & Dutch) on the clients installed
greetings.
email scripting@wanadoo.nl homepage scripting@wanadoo.nl | Links | Summary of Site Site KiXforms FAQ kixtart.org library collection mirror MCA | FAQ & UDF help file UDF kixtart.org library collection mirror MCA | mirror USA | mirror europe UDF scriptlogic library collection UDFs | mirror MCA

Page 2 of 2 <12

Moderator:  ShaneEP, Arend_, Jochen, Radimus, Glenn Barnas, Allen, Ruud van Velsen, Mart 
Hop to:
Shout Box

Who's Online
2 registered (morganw, mole) and 414 anonymous users online.
Newest Members
gespanntleuchten, DaveatAdvanced, Paulo_Alves, UsTaaa, xxJJxx
17864 Registered Users

Generated in 0.051 seconds in which 0.024 seconds were spent on a total of 13 queries. Zlib compression enabled.