Page 9 of 9 « First<56789
Topic Options
#68300 - 2002-07-20 11:35 PM Re: New KiXtart Golf Challenge! (extended to Saturday, July 20, 6pm EST )
BrianTX Offline
Korg Regular

Ok... scratch that... I'm actually down to.....

Can you squeak any more, Lonkero? [Smile]

Brian

#68301 - 2002-07-20 11:58 PM Re: New KiXtart Golf Challenge! (extended to Saturday, July 20, 6pm EST )
BrianTX Offline
Korg Regular

It looks like time is up as of right now. My score is 716. I'm going to create a new topic and post my UDF..

Brian

#68302 - 2002-07-22 10:00 AM Re: New KiXtart Golf Challenge! (extended to Saturday, July 20, 6pm EST )
cj Offline
MM club member

Loc: Brisbane, Australia
Howard, What Erik says is true. Making a UDF of a long named command only gives you a benefit when you use the command more than 3 or so times.

eg:

code:
$=writeprofilestring("c:\filename", "section", "key", "value")

scores 236

versus

code:
function a($section, $key, $value)
$=writeprofilestring("c:\filename", $section, $key, $value)
endfunction
a("section", "key", "value")

scores 202

each line in the first program scores 59, so after 3 of them, the UDF becomes more economical.

Erik, it would be harder, but not impossible, to make a script to count. I wrote a script that converts KiX code to coloured HTML by doing a lookup of the valid KiX commands. It is too old to use now, but the principle is sound.

KiX uses space and CRLF as command separators, so using SPLIT with these 2 as delimiters makes parsing a KiX script relatively easy...

cj

Page 9 of 9 « First<56789

Moderator:  Glenn Barnas, NTDOC, Arend_, Jochen, Radimus, Allen, ShaneEP, Ruud van Velsen, Mart 
Hop to:
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered and 340 anonymous users online.
Newest Members
gespanntleuchten, DaveatAdvanced, Paulo_Alves, UsTaaa, xxJJxx
17864 Registered Users

Generated in 0.059 seconds in which 0.025 seconds were spent on a total of 12 queries. Zlib compression enabled.

Search the board with:
superb Board Search
or try with google:
Google
Web kixtart.org