Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#46562 - 2003-10-10 07:12 PM Kixtart in Mixed Domain
Albert Chin Offline
Lurker

Hi,

I was wondering if someone can tell me the proper setup to have kixtart run in a mixed win2k and NT4 environment. We recently upgraded to a Mixed Win2k Domain and Kixtart had been running fine, but suddenly today it is not running on any of the NT4 DC. I want to make sure that I'm setting it to replicate properly between the Win2k PDC Emulator and the NT4 DCs or if anyone has any ideas why the script would not be running at all would be much appreciated. I've already stopped the netlogon to all of the NT4 DCs, but as we only have 2 Win2k DCs, I'm afraid they might get overloaded. Any help would be appreciated greatly!

#46563 - 2003-10-10 07:26 PM Re: Kixtart in Mixed Domain
Sealeopard Offline
KiX Master

Loc: Boston, MA, USA
This is explained in both the KiXtart Manual and the FAQ Forum.

The executables and logon script will normally reside in the NETLOGON folder of all DCs and be called from the clients.

#46564 - 2003-10-10 07:30 PM Re: Kixtart in Mixed Domain
Albert Chin Offline
Lurker

Yes I know that they reside in the NETLOGON folder, however this doesn't help me to troubleshoot why it suddenly is not working in NT4 but works fine in Windows 2000 as all of the files are still there and if I do a manual:

\\servername\netlogon\kix32.exe profile.kix

it will run the script, just it's not doing it automatically on the NT4 machines.

#46565 - 2003-10-10 07:43 PM Re: Kixtart in Mixed Domain
Howard Bullock Offline
KiX Supporter

Loc: Harrisburg, PA USA
Please provide details of the symptoms of it not working. Why do you say that. There has to be something that makes you say it no longer works.

Please provide specifics. How do you have the logon script property configured? Whjat changed in the environment around the time your issue arose?

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  Jochen, Allen, Radimus, Glenn Barnas, ShaneEP, Ruud van Velsen, Arend_, Mart 
Hop to:
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered and 507 anonymous users online.
Newest Members
gespanntleuchten, DaveatAdvanced, Paulo_Alves, UsTaaa, xxJJxx
17864 Registered Users

Generated in 0.035 seconds in which 0.015 seconds were spent on a total of 12 queries. Zlib compression enabled.

Search the board with:
superb Board Search
or try with google:
Google
Web kixtart.org