Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#29236 - 2002-09-18 04:44 PM running batch file located in netlogon \ stopping services
nt_scott Offline
Lurker

What is the preferred way to execute a batch file located in the netlogon directory. My desired effect is to stop some services... any hints appreciated.
#29237 - 2002-09-18 05:29 PM Re: running batch file located in netlogon \ stopping services
Sealeopard Offline
KiX Master

Loc: Boston, MA, USA
[Confused]

Call it?

I mean, what alternatives do you have to start a batch file?

What exactly are you trying to accomplish?

#29238 - 2002-09-18 05:29 PM Re: running batch file located in netlogon \ stopping services
Howard Bullock Offline
KiX Supporter

Loc: Harrisburg, PA USA
To answer your question you simply reference it on the command line like any batch file (\\server\netlogon\batch.bat) and press enter.

What is it that you really what to know? Please supply some more detail. What services do you want to stop. On what computer do you want to stop them? Who is executing the batch file? Do you want this batch file executed as a logon script?

#29239 - 2002-09-18 05:54 PM Re: running batch file located in netlogon \ stopping services
nt_scott Offline
Lurker

I want to call the batch file from my kix script. The script in question uses net stop commands to stop misc services like wuauserv, dhcp, etc... they are all win2k pro clients. I just wanted some ideas how to best stop services... preferably via batch file located in the netlogon share.
#29240 - 2002-09-18 06:03 PM Re: running batch file located in netlogon \ stopping services
Sealeopard Offline
KiX Master

Loc: Boston, MA, USA
You can use SHELL and RUN ro call external batch files. Please read the KiXtart Manual for more info about the syntax. you can also use a couple of KiXtart UDFs that start/stop/manage servcie either with the help of external executables or via WMI. Please use the KiXtart BBS Search to find the appropriate UDFs.

[ 18. September 2002, 18:04: Message edited by: sealeopard ]

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  Jochen, Allen, Radimus, Glenn Barnas, ShaneEP, Ruud van Velsen, Arend_, Mart 
Hop to:
Shout Box

Who's Online
1 registered (Allen) and 466 anonymous users online.
Newest Members
gespanntleuchten, DaveatAdvanced, Paulo_Alves, UsTaaa, xxJJxx
17864 Registered Users

Generated in 0.061 seconds in which 0.024 seconds were spent on a total of 12 queries. Zlib compression enabled.

Search the board with:
superb Board Search
or try with google:
Google
Web kixtart.org