Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#213266 - 2018-04-18 10:09 PM How does IF EXIST ("file or folder name") work?
dwsykes Offline
Fresh Scripter

Loc: North Carolina
I have been asked what protocols/process is used when IF EXIST is used in our login script... Unfortunately I have no idea. I know it is closely related to the IF EXIST dos command, but I am unable to find any code or examples of how it truly operates.

Can anyone help me out with an example of how it actually works?

Thanks!

#213267 - 2018-04-19 01:25 AM Re: How does IF EXIST ("file or folder name") work? [Re: dwsykes]
Allen Administrator Offline
KiX Supporter

Loc: USA
Search the board for "if exist(" , make sure to include the quotes.
#213268 - 2018-04-19 02:20 PM Re: How does IF EXIST ("file or folder name") work? [Re: Allen]
dwsykes Offline
Fresh Scripter

Loc: North Carolina
I did that, but after reading through all the posts... I did not see a response that explains the process. I know how to use the function, but I want to know what the code behind the function is doing. In other words, does it use a simple search and determine if the file/directory given is in the list and return 0 or 1 based on if the file/directory was in that list?

The reason for all of this is we used to have a login script (developed before I started) that used ICMP (which was allowed through Cisco ISE)... they don't seem to like the IF EXIST().... don't know why.

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  Jochen, Allen, Radimus, Glenn Barnas, ShaneEP, Ruud van Velsen, Arend_, Mart 
Hop to:
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered and 248 anonymous users online.
Newest Members
gespanntleuchten, DaveatAdvanced, Paulo_Alves, UsTaaa, xxJJxx
17864 Registered Users

Generated in 0.05 seconds in which 0.021 seconds were spent on a total of 13 queries. Zlib compression enabled.

Search the board with:
superb Board Search
or try with google:
Google
Web kixtart.org