Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#213170 - 2018-01-30 11:25 PM Issue Creating Folders Locally from Kix on Network, Windows 10
JustMark Offline
Fresh Scripter

Loc: Arizona
Hello,
I have a few KIX programs located on the network that are supposed to create folders (if they don't already exist) and copy a couple of files into them.
This works just fine with Windows 7, but because of the increased security with Windows 10, you have to be an admin to do this.
Each person is the admin on their own computer, but the KIX runs from the network (started by the .bat file) so it doesn't recognize the admin usage.
We cannot use the "Right click-and pick run as admin" as these files are run from the login scripts.
Does anyone know of a way around Windows 10 need for administrator so that it will allow KIX to create the local folders?

Thanks,
Mark

#213171 - 2018-01-31 01:03 AM Re: Issue Creating Folders Locally from Kix on Network, Windows 10 [Re: JustMark]
Allen Administrator Offline
KiX Supporter

Loc: USA
Depending on what level you have the UAC on, the following thread might help.
http://www.kixtart.org/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=211965#Post211965

If that doesn't help, it's likely you will have to do with an admin script targeting each pc or using a Startup Script.

For the very reason you are asking, I had to split my login script up into both a startup script and logon script. I attack the admin things in the startup portion and the user settings in the logon.

#213630 - 2018-12-04 09:47 PM Re: Issue Creating Folders Locally from Kix on Network, Windows 10 [Re: Allen]
JustMark Offline
Fresh Scripter

Loc: Arizona
Hello Allen, sorry for my very late response, but thank you for the information and your time.
#213632 - 2018-12-06 04:25 AM Re: Issue Creating Folders Locally from Kix on Network, Windows 10 [Re: JustMark]
Glenn Barnas Administrator Offline
KiX Supporter

Loc: New Jersey
See this Script Vault post for a solution. It may need to have the tsLib updated to the version that uses SchTasks, but should otherwise work.

Basic operational model:

• Login script performs the detection (file exists?)
  • If file doesn't exist, admin task is required. Use the API to deliver a request to the central server (drop a file)
  • The file contains the originating host, user info, and the task ID. The server has a service that monitors for these requests, maps the Task ID to a script.
  • The service pushes the files to the workstation using admin rights, then creates a scheduled task using admin credentials (but no schedule). It then initiates the scheduled task via Run Now.
In many cases, the process initiates the admin task so quickly that it starts before the login script ends.

Glenn

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  Jochen, Allen, Radimus, Glenn Barnas, ShaneEP, Ruud van Velsen, Arend_, Mart 
Hop to:
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered and 259 anonymous users online.
Newest Members
gespanntleuchten, DaveatAdvanced, Paulo_Alves, UsTaaa, xxJJxx
17864 Registered Users

Generated in 0.054 seconds in which 0.028 seconds were spent on a total of 13 queries. Zlib compression enabled.

Search the board with:
superb Board Search
or try with google:
Google
Web kixtart.org