Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#212480 - 2017-05-04 10:19 PM Remote lookup of Event Log
Sweeny Offline
Fresh Scripter

Loc: Hampshire
Hi all,
Can I get some help on how I would remotely extrapolate data from the Event Viewer log. Any information regarding this would be gratefully received.
Many thanks,
Tom

#212481 - 2017-05-05 08:55 AM Re: Remote lookup of Event Log [Re: Sweeny]
Mart Moderator Offline
KiX Supporter

Loc: The Netherlands
Never used it before but this might get you going ReadEventlog() - Retrieves event from the eventlog

If you never used a UDF before please see: http://www.kixtart.org/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=81943

- Chuck Norris once sold ebay to ebay on ebay.

#212485 - 2017-05-05 01:54 PM Re: Remote lookup of Event Log [Re: Mart]
Glenn Barnas Administrator Offline
KiX Supporter

Loc: New Jersey
Tom,

A few years back, I wrote an app that dumped event log data from remote systems and parsed it, summarizing events that we wanted to know about. Remote read was painful, so I wrote a small script to dump the event logs to CSV every morning (00:01). I then had an app that I kicked off from a central server that collected and parsed these, eliminating stuff that wasn't important and adding a summary (server,event,EvtSrc,Count,Date) to a SQL server. The central script used RUN to spawn 25 collector scripts at a time, when only 10 were still running, I'd spawn 25 more. I was able to complete the collection & summarization against just over 200 servers in 3 data centers in under 15 minutes.

All of the UDFs used for this are either here in KORG or in my UDF library (see sig for link).

Just food for thought..

Glenn

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  Jochen, Allen, Radimus, Glenn Barnas, ShaneEP, Ruud van Velsen, Arend_, Mart 
Hop to:
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered and 262 anonymous users online.
Newest Members
gespanntleuchten, DaveatAdvanced, Paulo_Alves, UsTaaa, xxJJxx
17864 Registered Users

Generated in 0.056 seconds in which 0.025 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.

Search the board with:
superb Board Search
or try with google:
Google
Web kixtart.org