Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#209415 - 2014-08-13 06:06 AM How to write the web proxy
shanghai Offline
Just in Town

Loc: China
ex:the AD account user name "shanghai.su",that it is in group of "OI" .
i want to the account that it can be auto setted web proxy "https://proxyconfig.*.*.com".but if not in the group "OI",that it will web proxy is empty.
please help me how to do it .thank you everyone.

#209416 - 2014-08-13 09:12 AM Re: How to write the web proxy [Re: shanghai]
Mart Moderator Offline
KiX Supporter

Loc: The Netherlands
What are you trying to do? Set a proxy server in Internet Explorer or Firefaox or something?

- Chuck Norris once sold ebay to ebay on ebay.

#209417 - 2014-08-13 12:16 PM Re: How to write the web proxy [Re: Mart]
Glenn Barnas Administrator Offline
KiX Supporter

Loc: New Jersey
GPO with Security Filtering is the best approach for this. It's been discussed here many times. If the user can set it with a script during logon, they can change it any time they wish, since they must have local admin rights - a very bad thing in most cases.

A viable alternative if GPO absolutely can't be done is to use the "Secure Admin Install Suite" as posted in the Script Vault here on KORG. This is a central service and an API for the login script to DETECT (as a non-Admin) when something should be done and then trigger a REQUEST on the server to perform a task to be done remotely with Admin rights. It's MUCH SAFER than granting everyone admin rights, but WAY MORE complex than a GPO with a security filter to prevent application to members of a specific group.

Glenn

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  Jochen, Allen, Radimus, Glenn Barnas, ShaneEP, Ruud van Velsen, Arend_, Mart 
Hop to:
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered and 515 anonymous users online.
Newest Members
gespanntleuchten, DaveatAdvanced, Paulo_Alves, UsTaaa, xxJJxx
17864 Registered Users

Generated in 0.035 seconds in which 0.016 seconds were spent on a total of 13 queries. Zlib compression enabled.

Search the board with:
superb Board Search
or try with google:
Google
Web kixtart.org