Page 2 of 2 <12
Topic Options
#204812 - 2012-04-20 09:11 AM Re: KIX462 issue [Re: Lonkero]
sparkie Offline
Getting the hang of it

Loc: UK
My interpretation of persistent is a mapping that reconnects after a reboot or logout, so yes the U: which is defined in AD member settings is persistent.

Btw, the drive settings applied during the script are not set as persistent so to avoid any conflicts.

Regardless, the two versions are acting differently and once I get this little project request out of the way, I'll be wanting to goto 4.62 and will address the mappings then.

Edited by sparkie (2012-04-20 09:20 AM)

#204813 - 2012-04-20 12:11 PM Re: KIX462 issue [Re: sparkie]
BradV Offline
Seasoned Scripter

Loc: Maryland, USA
"Persistent" doesn't necessarily relate to whether the drive shows up every time, but rather how that is accomplished. In the case of persistent, then it has to be in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Network.
#204814 - 2012-04-20 01:01 PM Re: KIX462 issue [Re: BradV]
Glenn Barnas Administrator Offline
KiX Supporter

Loc: New Jersey
How to implement "USE MOST /DELETE"
 Code:
; Define drives not to remove - home drive and any "permitted, persistent mappings"
$Exceptions = '%HOMEDRIVE% O: P: Q:'

; remove non-excepted drive mappings
For $D = 65 to 90
  $DL = Chr($D) + ':'
  If Not InStr($Exceptions, $DL)
    'use ' $DL ' /delete' ?
    ; use $DL /delete
  Else
    'not deleting drive map!' ?
  EndIf
Next
This works, but is pretty basic. The messages should be used only during debugging as it's pretty chatty otherwise.

Note that no error checking/reporting is done in this example.

Also, our commercial script will determine if the logon process is active or not, and either ignore trying to map the home share if it is, or will map it if it isn't. This is useful in situations where a user might connect via VPN after loggong on to their PC and maps their drives by manually invoking the login script.

Glenn

Page 2 of 2 <12

Moderator:  Jochen, Allen, Radimus, Glenn Barnas, ShaneEP, Ruud van Velsen, Arend_, Mart 
Hop to:
Shout Box

Who's Online
1 registered (Allen) and 466 anonymous users online.
Newest Members
gespanntleuchten, DaveatAdvanced, Paulo_Alves, UsTaaa, xxJJxx
17864 Registered Users

Generated in 0.127 seconds in which 0.099 seconds were spent on a total of 13 queries. Zlib compression enabled.

Search the board with:
superb Board Search
or try with google:
Google
Web kixtart.org