Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#20474 - 2002-04-23 05:41 PM Event ID 5, and 1332 when InGroup is processed.
Anonymous
Unregistered

I am running Kixtart for login scripts, and am generating 2 errors when users log in. The error is: Event ID 5, Source KIXTART

The description for Event ID ( 5 ) in Source ( KIXTART ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: UserGetInfo failed Error : Access is denied. (0x5/5).

Followed by Event ID 1332, Source KIXTART

The description for Event ID ( 1332 ) in Source ( KIXTART ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: LookupAccountSid failed Error : No mapping between account names and security IDs was done. (0x534/1332).

Here is the Script im using:
;
; Program: Kixtart.kix
; Revision: 3.01
; Developers: RKF and TC
;
debug on

;
; Scroll through the network adapters until we find one for the LAN
;
$PTR = 0
DO
$IP = ENUMIPINFO($PTR,0)
$PTR = $PTR + 1
UNTIL LEFT($IP,3) = "192"

;
; Parse the left portion to signify the site
;
; 183 = CMI
; 184 = WFG
; 185 = HLT
;
$I=LEFT($IP, 11)

; Get the User ID
;
$U=@USERID

;
; Delete the drives that are mapped globally
;

:DELETE_THE_DRIVE_MAPS
USE G: /DELETE /PERSISTENT:YES
USE I: /DELETE /PERSISTENT:YES
USE L: /DELETE /PERSISTENT:YES
USE M: /DELETE /PERSISTENT:YES
USE S: /DELETE /PERSISTENT:YES
USE U: /DELETE /PERSISTENT:YES

:MAP_THE_DRIVES

;
; CMI Mappings
;
IF $I ="192.168.183"
Use g: "\\cmi-server-1\Common"
Use i: "\\cmi-server-1\dbase"
Use l: "\\cmi-server-1\DataCMI"
Use m: "\\cmi-server-1\AMSI"
Use s: "\\cmi-server-1\Sky_CMI"
Use u: "\\cmi-server-1\utilitiesCMI"
SELECT
CASE @PRODUCTTYPE= "Windows XP Professional"
Use x: "\\Snappy\LBU"+$u
Use y: "\\snappy\mstrdocument"
Use lpt2: "\\cmi-server-1\okidata2410 /persistent:yes"
Use t: "\\snappy\TechLibrary"
CASE @PRODUCTTYPE= "Windows 2000 Professional"
Use x: "\\Snappy\LBU"+$u
Use y: "\\snappy\mstrdocument"
Use lpt2: "\\cmi-server-1\okidata2410 /persistent:yes"
Use t: "\\snappy\TechLibrary"
ENDSELECT
ENDIF

;
; WFG Mappings
;
IF $I ="192.168.184"
use g: "\\WFG-Server-1\commonwfg"
use i: "\\WFG-Server-1\dbasewfg"
use l: "\\WFG-Server-1\datawfg"
use m: "\\WFG-Server-1\amsiwfg"
use s: "\\WFG-Server-1\skylinewfg"
use u: "\\WFG-Server-1\utilitieswfg"
use x: "\\WFG-Server-1\localbackup"
ENDIF

;
; HLT Mappings
;
IF $I ="192.168.185"
use g: "\\HLT-SERVER-1\commonhlt"
use i: "\\HLT-SERVER-1\dbasehlt"
use l: "\\HLT-SERVER-1\datahlt"
use m: "\\HLT-SERVER-1\amsihlt"
use s: "\\HLT-SERVER-1\Skylinehlt"
use x: "\\HLT-SERVER-1\localbackup"
use u: "\\HLT-SERVER-1\utilitiesHLT"
ENDIF

:MAP_HOME_DRIVE

;

IF InGroup("Citadel\Citadel Users")
$HOME="\\CMI-SERVER-1\"+$U
ENDIF

IF InGroup("Citadel\Woodfield Users")
$HOME="\\WFG-SERVER-1\"+$U
ENDIF

IF InGroup("Citadel\Hinsdale Users")
$HOME="\\HLT-SERVER-1\"+$U
ENDIF

USE H: $HOME

:ENDOFIT
debug off
EXIT

The event occurs when the line:
IF InGroup("Citadel\Citadel Users")
is processed, and will generate the error if the user is NOT part of the group. I've tried it with and without the domain part of the group.

Could Windows XP have anything to do with it? We just upgraded from 98 to XP, and under 98 everything was working just fine.
I'm pulling my hair out trying to figure this out. Can anybody HELP!!
Thanks in advance.

#20475 - 2002-04-23 05:55 PM Re: Event ID 5, and 1332 when InGroup is processed.
BrianTX Offline
Korg Regular

If the user is NOT a member of the group (Citadel\Citadel Users), what rights do they have on the XP machine? It's possible that with XP, your users are not given access to pull info about users from "Citadel".. so you might try changing default permissions on XP.. (I don't know much about XP, but on Win2000, power user would be a decent choice.)

Brian

#20476 - 2002-04-23 07:16 PM Re: Event ID 5, and 1332 when InGroup is processed.
Anonymous
Unregistered

I thought about that too, but even making them an Administrator of the local machine makes no difference.
#20477 - 2002-04-23 10:25 PM Re: Event ID 5, and 1332 when InGroup is processed.
BrianTX Offline
Korg Regular

Hmm. the only other things I can think of are your group policy settings and network security settings. For example, there may be some sort of restriction set at the domain lvl that did not effect Windows 98 clients, but does effect Windows XP clients....

If you take out the part with "Citadel\Citadel Users" do the following lines with "Citadel\Woodfield Users", etc, work? If so, then it has something to do with the way the permissions/policies are set for the Citadel Users.

Brian

#20478 - 2002-04-24 09:03 PM Re: Event ID 5, and 1332 when InGroup is processed.
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks a lot for your help, Brian. I tried two things in my effort to resolve the error. First, I added the user to the 'citadel users' group, and still generated the error. Then I commented out the 'inGroup citadel' section. Sorry, but I still get the error in the event log, when it hit the inGroup 'citadel\woodfield' section. The user is in the 'citadel\hinsdale'group. I'm not sure what this error is really all about. The user GETS the drive mapping, even thought it errors on that section. I wonder if it's one of those 'events you can safely ignore' I just dont like to see a whole bunch of errors in the app log.
Thanks again......

#20479 - 2002-04-24 09:41 PM Re: Event ID 5, and 1332 when InGroup is processed.
BrianTX Offline
Korg Regular

I'm sorry I couldn't help more.. just a thought.. what message do you get if you go to a command prompt and issue the command:

NET USER %username% /DOMAIN

Does it give you a list of groups on the domain? Is the domain the clients are in the same as "Citadel"? Also, have you tried it as:

"Citadel Users" and not "Citadel\Citadel Users"?

Just a thought..

Brian

#20480 - 2002-04-25 03:45 AM Re: Event ID 5, and 1332 when InGroup is processed.
ash wilson (kyosei) Offline
Getting the hang of it

Loc: auckland new zealand
Could it be that your group names have a space in them?
They may need to be enclosed in separate delimiters such as...
("'citadel\citadel users'")

Try a test using a group name without a space in it and see if that works.

rgds

#20481 - 2002-05-21 11:11 AM Re: Event ID 5, and 1332 when InGroup is processed.
MCA Offline
KiX Supporter

Loc: Netherlands, EU
solved?
email scripting@wanadoo.nl homepage scripting@wanadoo.nl | Links | Summary of Site Site KiXforms FAQ kixtart.org library collection mirror MCA | FAQ & UDF help file UDF kixtart.org library collection mirror MCA | mirror USA | mirror europe UDF scriptlogic library collection UDFs | mirror MCA

#20482 - 2002-08-15 11:05 AM Re: Event ID 5, and 1332 when InGroup is processed.
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hello,

I found something strange about the error: UserGetInfo failed Error : Access is denied. (0x5/5)

if i use the if ingroup option i get that error in my event log. If i do the next line i get a access denied error:

NET USER %username% /DOMAIN

Now comes the strange part after a long search i found out that if i use a usermanager tool like "UserManagemeNT" and i use the option for the users "User cannot change password" i het this error. If i allow Users to change password whit "UserManagemeNT" i dont get the error...???

If if set the option manualy "User cannot change password" i dont get the error, so now i donwloaded some more tools like hyena etc etc and all the tools give me the same error !!

I dont know a solution till now, (setting 2500 users by hand is my sollution now) but i will find one i think [Smile]

Andre

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  Jochen, Allen, Radimus, Glenn Barnas, ShaneEP, Ruud van Velsen, Arend_, Mart 
Hop to:
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered and 507 anonymous users online.
Newest Members
gespanntleuchten, DaveatAdvanced, Paulo_Alves, UsTaaa, xxJJxx
17864 Registered Users

Generated in 0.051 seconds in which 0.021 seconds were spent on a total of 12 queries. Zlib compression enabled.

Search the board with:
superb Board Search
or try with google:
Google
Web kixtart.org