Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#197426 - 2010-01-19 09:29 AM Map network drive as a different domain user
Danchou Offline
Just in Town

Loc: Zurich
Hello everyone

I've looked through the forums for a while now but couldn't find this particular problem;
I am trying to map a network drive via script on a Citrix server. When the loginscript is being executed I get an error message on this line:
 Code:
use l: "\\xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx\folder" /USER:domain\user /PASSWORD:password /PERSISTENT:YES

I have another drive that is mapped the same way, which works fine. The only difference is that the username does not contain the domain name.
Now my question is, is it possible to map a drive with a different user and am I using the wrong command?

Thanks in advance for any advice

#197427 - 2010-01-19 09:43 AM Re: Map network drive as a different domain user [Re: Danchou]
Richard H. Administrator Offline
Administrator

Loc: Leatherhead, Surrey, UK
What's the error?

Try putting the username and password in quotes if they contain special characters.
 Code:
use l: "\\xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx\folder" /USER:"domain\user" /PASSWORD:"password" /PERSISTENT:YES

It's also possible that the error is on a completely different line. For example if you've missed a double-quote character earlier in the script it may not show as an error until you hit the double-quote on this line.

Post the entire script if you can, it makes it easier to diagnose.

#197429 - 2010-01-19 10:04 AM Re: Map network drive as a different domain user [Re: Richard H.]
Danchou Offline
Just in Town

Loc: Zurich
Thank you very much, I didn't think of putting the password into quotes, that worked perfectly!

Regards

#197523 - 2010-01-25 04:13 AM Re: Map network drive as a different domain user [Re: Danchou]
Sealeopard Offline
KiX Master

Loc: Boston, MA, USA
There are also various MapDrive() UDFs in the UDF Forum that support usernames and passwords.

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  Jochen, Allen, Radimus, Glenn Barnas, ShaneEP, Ruud van Velsen, Arend_, Mart 
Hop to:
Shout Box

Who's Online
1 registered (Allen) and 466 anonymous users online.
Newest Members
gespanntleuchten, DaveatAdvanced, Paulo_Alves, UsTaaa, xxJJxx
17864 Registered Users

Generated in 0.051 seconds in which 0.022 seconds were spent on a total of 13 queries. Zlib compression enabled.

Search the board with:
superb Board Search
or try with google:
Google
Web kixtart.org