Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#196113 - 2009-09-28 09:28 AM Only show icons on desktop after script has run
NaasMarais Offline
Fresh Scripter

Loc: South Africa, JHB
Hi Guys,

Can you please tell me what i need to incorporate into my script so that the desktop icons and taskbar only show after the login script has run? Also how can one get the minimized button grayed out?

Thanks

#196114 - 2009-09-28 09:38 AM Re: Only show icons on desktop after script has run [Re: NaasMarais]
Mart Moderator Offline
KiX Supporter

Loc: The Netherlands
 Originally Posted By: NaasMarais
Hi Guys,

Can you please tell me what i need to incorporate into my script so that the desktop icons and taskbar only show after the login script has run?

You should let the logon script(s) run synchronised. The Always wait for network setting might also be handy.

See: GPO - Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\System\Logon Run logon scripts synchronously policy
See: GPO - Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\System\Logon Always wait for network at computer startup and logon

Originally Posted By: NaasMarais

Also how can one get the minimized button grayed out?

Thanks

That depends on what kind of logon script you use. In KiXforms you can disable the entire control box so you will not see the Minimize, Maximize and Close boxes.

- Chuck Norris once sold ebay to ebay on ebay.

#196115 - 2009-09-28 09:42 AM Re: Only show icons on desktop after script has run [Re: Mart]
NaasMarais Offline
Fresh Scripter

Thanks Mart,

I use a login.bat to specify which kix script to use which i generaly just the one. Is there i specific command in the script i need to add to disable the control box?

#196118 - 2009-09-28 10:03 AM Re: Only show icons on desktop after script has run [Re: NaasMarais]
Mart Moderator Offline
KiX Supporter

Loc: The Netherlands
I don’t think there is a way to disable the control box in a cmd console window.

A small question: Why would you disable minimize? Users can minimize the script but that will not stop the script from doing what it should do.

- Chuck Norris once sold ebay to ebay on ebay.

#196120 - 2009-09-28 10:08 AM Re: Only show icons on desktop after script has run [Re: Mart]
NaasMarais Offline
Fresh Scripter

We want to keep the console open at all times as we are going to remove old anti virus clients from the users pc but it needs to restart after the uninstall. In my script it shows in the script window what it is doing and the users must be aware that the PC will be restarting after the uninstall.

But i will test with those GPO setting you gave me.

#196123 - 2009-09-28 12:09 PM Re: Only show icons on desktop after script has run [Re: NaasMarais]
BradV Offline
Seasoned Scripter

Loc: Maryland, USA
Why not remove the old software from a central computer running overnight. Your users may not have the correct permissions to undelete software anyway.
Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  Jochen, Allen, Radimus, Glenn Barnas, ShaneEP, Ruud van Velsen, Arend_, Mart 
Hop to:
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered and 248 anonymous users online.
Newest Members
gespanntleuchten, DaveatAdvanced, Paulo_Alves, UsTaaa, xxJJxx
17864 Registered Users

Generated in 0.051 seconds in which 0.02 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.

Search the board with:
superb Board Search
or try with google:
Google
Web kixtart.org