Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#194784 - 2009-07-15 07:50 AM Script help - Identify Thin Clients, and map a share from the TC?
BIT Offline
Just in Town

Loc: Qld, Australia
Hi

I've searched the forum for guidance with this and come up blank...

Basically, our environment consiste of a number of Citrix 4.5 servers delivering desktop environments and applications. The exiting script works perfectly for our current needs, being that the clients use XP Pro as the OS to gain access to the Citrix farm.

However we are moving to an XPe thin client environment and require the ability to map USB shares (XPe in this environment maps the USB port to the TC's local C drive folder which is then shared from the thin client).

We need the ability in the script to identify the thin client, and map the share through their Citrix desktop session. In DOS, %clientname% is the variable which returns the client name.

Is there a relatively simple method to perform this through KiXtart?

Thank you in advance

#194788 - 2009-07-15 01:07 PM Re: Script help - Identify Thin Clients, and map a share from the TC? [Re: BIT]
Allen Administrator Online   shocked
KiX Supporter

Loc: USA
I'm speaking with absolutely no idea what XPe is, however it seems maybe all you are asking is how can you map a drive in the client?

use x: "\\%clientname%\share"

If this is not what you need, can you elaborate on your environment/needs?

#194823 - 2009-07-16 06:03 AM Re: Script help - Identify Thin Clients, and map a share from the TC? [Re: Allen]
BIT Offline
Just in Town

Loc: Qld, Australia
Thanks Allen... I didn't think it would be that easy??

XPe = XP Embedded

#194824 - 2009-07-16 09:00 AM Re: Script help - Identify Thin Clients, and map a share from the TC? [Re: BIT]
Gargoyle Offline
MM club member

Loc: Valley of the Sun (Arizona, US...
Assuming that the USB drive is mapped as the C: drive before the launch of any script on your Citrix enviroment..

Code:
Use x: \\%clientname%\c$\

The use of enviromental variables is allowed within KiX, no need to reinvent the wheel when you already have it.

BTW: I believe that this is what Allen was trying to say, just wasn't elaborate enough. [poke] [poke]

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  Jochen, Allen, Radimus, Glenn Barnas, ShaneEP, Ruud van Velsen, Arend_, Mart 
Hop to:
Shout Box

Who's Online
1 registered (Allen) and 382 anonymous users online.
Newest Members
gespanntleuchten, DaveatAdvanced, Paulo_Alves, UsTaaa, xxJJxx
17864 Registered Users

Generated in 0.051 seconds in which 0.022 seconds were spent on a total of 13 queries. Zlib compression enabled.

Search the board with:
superb Board Search
or try with google:
Google
Web kixtart.org