Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#192291 - 2009-02-15 10:01 PM Syntax so script does not run when user logs into Citrix
danf Offline
Fresh Scripter

Loc: West Virginia, USA
I've got my script finally running smooth as can be thanks to all you guys' help. The one fly in the ointment is that when I have a user login using their domain account to the citrix box the script tries to run. Which is not something that we don't want to have happen. Is there a simple way of addressing this?

Thanks.

-Dan

#192292 - 2009-02-15 10:07 PM Re: Syntax so script does not run when user logs into Citrix [Re: danf]
Allen Administrator Online   shocked
KiX Supporter

Loc: USA
if checking @tssession does not work, search the board. I know this has been discussed.
#192293 - 2009-02-15 10:54 PM Re: Syntax so script does not run when user logs into Citrix [Re: Allen]
Les Offline
KiX Master

Loc: fortfrances.on.ca
Ja, been discussed many times. We set an Enviro var on the Citrix servers we don't want the script to run on and then check for the var.

#192295 - 2009-02-16 10:00 AM Re: Syntax so script does not run when user logs into Citrix [Re: danf]
Richard H. Administrator Offline
Administrator

Loc: Leatherhead, Surrey, UK
There are many way to do it, and your environment will determine what is best for you.

As the guys have suggested, it is worth searching the board and looking at previous discussions as these may highlight idiosyncracies that you should be aware of.

A simple check that I used to use in a mixed environment was:
 Code:
$sSessionType=Split(%SESSIONNAME%,"-")[0]
Select
Case $sSessionType="RDP"
	"Processing for a Terminal Services type connection..."+@CRLF
Case $sSessionType="ICA"
	"Processing for a Citrix type connection..."+@CRLF
Case $sSessionType="Console"
	"Processing for a local Console login on a multiuser operating system..."+@CRLF
Case "Default"
	"Processing for an unsupported or non-multiuser login..."+@CRLF
EndSelect

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  Jochen, Allen, Radimus, Glenn Barnas, ShaneEP, Arend_, Mart 
Hop to:
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered and 175 anonymous users online.
Newest Members
gkustra, emnipetro, Hirze, thequeen, ameliaryan
17642 Registered Users

Generated in 0.031 seconds in which 0.012 seconds were spent on a total of 13 queries. Zlib compression enabled.

Search the board with:
superb Board Search
or try with google:
Google
Web kixtart.org