Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#183547 - 2007-12-12 05:01 PM script printer page size....
isc28240 Offline
Lurker

This is the problem: I need to do a logon script, It has to change the page size from letter to half letter in a Epson Fx-880 printer. So far, I had to explain all people in the network how to change it by hand, but the thing is that sometimes new people don´t pay attention and send print jobs without changing the pagesize. This printer is used with pre-printer forms and If the page size is not correct, all the forms lost the sequence and then the printing is a mess and all people have to stop their work until the printer is ready again.

Any help is welcome.
Have a good day.

#183549 - 2007-12-12 05:11 PM Re: script printer page size.... [Re: isc28240]
Mart Moderator Offline
KiX Supporter

Loc: The Netherlands
For network printers this is controlled here:
 Quote:

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Print\Providers\LanMan Print Services\Servers\[SERVERNAME]\Printers\[PRINTERNAME]\PrinterDriverData\TrayFormSize

For local printers this is controlled here:
 Quote:

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Print\Printers\[PRINTERNAME]\PrinterDriverData

What values to set it to would require some testing on one machine.

- Chuck Norris once sold ebay to ebay on ebay.

#183551 - 2007-12-12 05:24 PM script printer page size....
isc28240 Offline
Lurker

This is my problem: I have a Windows 2003 terminal server with a invoicing system, the invoices are pre-printed and the size is half letter. The thing is that printers set up by terminal server always have letter page size, and when the printer jumps to the next form one is lost. For security reasons all the control panel is locked up by a GPO, so people can´t change the page size by hand. Right now I have a kixtart logon script to set up the environment for the system and I think I could add some kixtart code to change the page size automatically.

Any help is welcome.
Have a good day.

#183554 - 2007-12-12 05:40 PM Re: script printer page size.... [Re: isc28240]
Allen Administrator Online   shocked
KiX Supporter

Loc: USA
We need more details. Pretend we are your end users and you have to explain to them how to do it. Tell us how are you making it work manually. Otherwise all you are going to get is guesses.
#183556 - 2007-12-12 06:05 PM Re: script printer page size.... [Re: Allen]
isc28240 Offline
Lurker

The invoice has 6 lines for the products being selled. The invoicing system has the ability to send multiple invoices when the operator puts more than 6 products, but the pre-printed forms are half letter and the printer page size set up by terminal server is letter, so when this happens one form is lost because the printer jumps using the letter page size instead of the half letter pagesize. Right now operators open 2 windows and If they have to sell more than 6 products they put them in the second window, then they send the first invoice, run to the printer, unload and load the forms, and then they send the second invoice, run to the printer and load and unload the forms to keep the printer ready for the next invoice.

It sounds silly, but right now is the only way to use the printer.

#183939 - 2007-12-19 01:54 PM Re: script printer page size.... [Re: Mart]
Björn Offline
Korg Regular

Loc: Stockholm, Sweden.
Mart - I simply love you right now. Forgot I needed to check those values here due to A4-standard - but software goes bananas with letter everywhere. Thank you.

#183940 - 2007-12-19 02:54 PM Re: script printer page size.... [Re: Björn]
Mart Moderator Offline
KiX Supporter

Loc: The Netherlands
 Quote:

Mart - I simply love you right now.

- Chuck Norris once sold ebay to ebay on ebay.

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  Jochen, Allen, Radimus, Glenn Barnas, ShaneEP, Ruud van Velsen, Arend_, Mart 
Hop to:
Shout Box

Who's Online
2 registered (morganw, mole) and 414 anonymous users online.
Newest Members
gespanntleuchten, DaveatAdvanced, Paulo_Alves, UsTaaa, xxJJxx
17864 Registered Users

Generated in 0.06 seconds in which 0.025 seconds were spent on a total of 13 queries. Zlib compression enabled.

Search the board with:
superb Board Search
or try with google:
Google
Web kixtart.org