Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#181695 - 2007-10-17 05:21 AM ERROR: Tokenized script + Windows 95
RaphaelPereira Offline
Fresh Scripter

Loc: Rio de Janeiro, Brasil
Srs,

Please help me.
One of the reasons for which I use KiXtart is because it works on all versions of Windows. I know several script languages, but I love KiXtart. Thank you all for updating the software. I would adore to help you to add new functions.
But I have had trouble in run KiXtart on Windows 95. I still have 200 workstations with Windows 95.

1 - I found two bugs in Windows 95, the first occur to use scripts tokenized, even with simple codes. For me, the advantage of using scripts tokenized is size reduced. I reported this problem in the subject "ERROR: Tokenized script + Windows 95", in 2005, but the problem continues even in version 4.53.

-------- The error:
>>> KiXtart 2001 <<<
ERROR: The handle cryptographic service could not be acquired
Error: (0x80090016/-2146893802)!

2 - The second bug occurs when running the version 4.60 on Windows 95.
-------- The error:
"O arquivo WKIX32.EXE
está vinculado ao KERNEL32.DLL exportado que está faltando:IsDebuggerPresent."

{{{{{{{{{{ The screenshots are attached. }}}}}}}}}}}}}

Tks
Raphael Pereira

Attachments
71.png
Description:

72.png
Description:

Edited by NTDOC (2007-10-17 06:30 AM)
Edit Reason: Changed Title

#181697 - 2007-10-17 06:33 AM Re: ERROR: Tokenized script + Windows 95 [Re: RaphaelPereira]
NTDOC Administrator Offline
Administrator

Loc: CA
I'm sorry to report but Tokenized scripts are NEVER going to be supported on Windows 9x

In fact I've heard through the grapevine that the Author wants to stop further ongoing support for Windows 9x going forward. (Have not heard it directly from Ruud but from someone I trust).

You can probably run 95% or more of the current 4.6 on Windows 9x but I would not expect to see any future updates that do support Windows 9x

#181716 - 2007-10-17 03:17 PM Re: ERROR: Tokenized script + Windows 95 [Re: NTDOC]
RaphaelPereira Offline
Fresh Scripter

I understand that "Tokenized scripts are NEVER going to be supported on Windows 95". But on the issue of IsDebuggerPresent, I believe that a simple IF solve.
It is possible to make contact with Ruud through this forum?
I would like to help him to solve these problems. I have knowledge in various releases of C++.

Tks

#181717 - 2007-10-17 03:39 PM Re: ERROR: Tokenized script + Windows 95 [Re: RaphaelPereira]
Mart Moderator Offline
KiX Supporter

Loc: The Netherlands
 Quote:

It is possible to make contact with Ruud through this forum?

Yes it is. Ruud will visit this forum now and then and read the stuff in the beta forum so all you need to do is wait for Ruud to stop by.

- Chuck Norris once sold ebay to ebay on ebay.

#181718 - 2007-10-17 03:43 PM Re: ERROR: Tokenized script + Windows 95 [Re: RaphaelPereira]
Allen Administrator Online   shocked
KiX Supporter

Loc: USA
For those of us who only speak English, might you translate the error?

Quote:

O arquivo WKIX32.EXE
está vinculado ao KERNEL32.DLL exportado que está faltando:IsDebuggerPresent."

#181721 - 2007-10-17 05:02 PM Re: ERROR: Tokenized script + Windows 95 [Re: Allen]
RaphaelPereira Offline
Fresh Scripter

In english: "The WKIX32.EXE is linked to missing export KERNEL32.DLL:IsDebuggerPresent."

But I found a person who solved this problem.

Probably it happens because the KiXtart 4.60 was compiled in VS Studio 2005...

I found a tip from Ted in http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=242608&SiteID=1 to solve this problem:

Yuhuuuuuuuuuuu

Quote:

For Windows 95, you have to:

1) Link statically (change settings under Properties - C/C++ - Code Generation - Runtime Library to Multithreaded /MT)

2) Copy two files into your project from the C Runtime source code (\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\vc\CRT\SRC): invarg.c and gs_report.c. Do not change their names.

3) add the above files to your project and change project settings so additional include directories of the two files are:

$(DevEnvDir)\..\..\VC\crt\src

4) Change the two references of IsDebuggerPresent() to FALSE

5) Put the define #define _CRTBLD at the top of each of these files

6) Change one reference of extern "C" for _initp_misc_invarg in invarg.c to extern

7) Make sure both of the above files are set to compile as C Code (under project settings C/C++ - Advanced - Compile As)

8) Rebuild all.

Now you have an app that is not dependent on IsDebuggerPresent and it should run on Windows 95.

However, if you want to use the DLL version of CRT on Windows 95 (similar to instructions given for NT 4 in the link OShah provided) you will also have to deal with InterlockedCompareExchangePointer function called in startup code of the CRT. This can be rewritten to not use this function, however, I'll leave that for another time.

#181723 - 2007-10-17 05:25 PM Re: ERROR: Tokenized script + Windows 95 [Re: RaphaelPereira]
Benny69 Offline

Loc: Lincoln, Ne
I don't think its that Ruud doesn’t know how to fix the problem, I think it is more likely that Microsoft does not support Win95 any more and because Ruud works for Microsoft he is probably following some directive that was handed down from the big wheels.

#181770 - 2007-10-18 10:43 PM Re: ERROR: Tokenized script + Windows 95 [Re: Benny69]
RaphaelPereira Offline
Fresh Scripter

I agree with you Benny. But nowadays I have used a bit of KiXtart and a bit of AutoIt. I have been thinking to migrate to AutoIt effectively, since they constantly update the software, have more functions, doesnīt need kixforms, has COM support, are open source and runs on Windows 95. It seems that the KiXtart is getting behind. Donīt you think that itīs time to Ruud open the code and let us help him to develop the KiXtart?

#181772 - 2007-10-18 11:29 PM Re: ERROR: Tokenized script + Windows 95 [Re: RaphaelPereira]
NTDOC Administrator Offline
Administrator

Loc: CA
Well not sure about Windows 95 but Ruby looks to be gaining a lot of users and is quite powerful as well.

Yes it has been discussed about doing open source with KiXtart before but Ruud never seemed to respond to it. Right now it has a good reputation and is pretty easy and powerful while under his control. When open it could become a real pain to manage and could easily fall apart as many, many open source programs have done over the years.

I really love KiXtart but I too agree I'd love to see more features and development done with it, but not in the area of Windows 95 support, in that area it actually hold KiXtart back some (as it has too with AutoIt as well) you just can't easily support and regression test every OS out there.

I can understand and feel your pain with regards to needing support for what you're working on (not like you have a choice I'm sure) but to be fair you're one of the few I'm sure that continues to have to support Win9x so if KiXtart has to drop features or support for Win9x so that it can progress then I'm for that and maybe you will have to move on to AutoIt (it appears to be a great little program too)
I know that if KiXtart does not start to progress then it will start to flounder as Admins will need more power and features as Windows progresses as well.

Good luck guy and hopefully Ruud will have something good for both of us soon.

#181776 - 2007-10-18 11:56 PM Re: ERROR: Tokenized script + Windows 95 [Re: NTDOC]
Lonkero Administrator Offline
KiX Master Guru

Loc: OK
hmm...
my take would be that either state that win9x is not supported no more or remove this "bug" on windows 95.

my guess is, this was unplanned side-effect in 4.60 and thus should be reversible also.

and on account of ruud working for ms. true, he does but I don't think he is getting any commands about which direction kixtart should go.
it's his baby and I bet, he has total control over it.

download KiXnet

#181780 - 2007-10-19 09:34 AM Re: ERROR: Tokenized script + Windows 95 [Re: Lonkero]
Mart Moderator Offline
KiX Supporter

Agreed. KiXtart is Ruud's baby and is not controlled by MS because Ruud works for MS afaik.

A big step is made as it comes to progress and development. Just look at the com implementation of KiXtart. It is still a baby and does not have all the stuff the kix32 and wkix32 have but this does open a whole new world for kix users.

BTW: Everyone should use the scripting language he/she likes and find to fit the needs best. No matter if it is Perl, Kix, AutoIT, Ruby or even VBS.

#182228 - 2007-11-04 09:38 AM Re: ERROR: Tokenized script + Windows 95 [Re: RaphaelPereira]
paperinik Offline
Fresh Scripter

Loc: Germany
I have the error too.
Itīs definitely a bug and not a feature.

I think there are lots of problems in 4.60, so I think itīs already a betaversion and not a full release as it seem to be.

Itīs not advisable to use it in productive environment at the moment.

The bugs are big with lots of risks. The new features are not worth to risk the risks, I think.

Use 4.53 as long as you can. Only use 4.60 if you think itīs necessary.

#182236 - 2007-11-04 10:47 PM Re: ERROR: Tokenized script + Windows 95 [Re: paperinik]
Mart Moderator Offline
KiX Supporter

Originally Posted By: paperinik

I think there are lots of problems in 4.60, so I think itīs already a betaversion and not a full release as it seem to be.

Itīs not advisable to use it in productive environment at the moment.

The bugs are big with lots of risks. The new features are not worth to risk the risks, I think.

Lots of big risky bugs? Like what? If you post something like this then at least name some of the bug you found.
As for using 4.60 in a production environment, I do run 4.60 in a production environment and have no problems whatsoever.

#182245 - 2007-11-05 09:14 AM Re: ERROR: Tokenized script + Windows 95 [Re: RaphaelPereira]
paperinik Offline
Fresh Scripter

@mart:

please look at my example and comment:
http://www.kixtart.org/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=182227#Post182227

a possible production environment is:
company with callcenter.
In the callcenter there are at least 250 "windows 95" P133.
The rest of the company (ca. 80 persons) have w98 and above and other OS.

the mappings and some registrysettings etc are made at the windows OS with kix.

a.
with kix32-4.60 the callcenter could not work.

b.
With the described bug
http://www.kixtart.org/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=182227#Post182227
all scripts have to change.

The risk I mean is not that a command works in a wrong way. The risk I mean is that scripts which works under 4.53 fine, now under 4.60 does not work anymore.
I didnīt write about "lots of risky bugs", I write about the bugs with lots of risks. Not the bugs are lot, the risks are lot. with bugs I mean the bugs and problems which are already posted in this forum.

I have to look after more than 20 companies. And I can assure that not all
have a homogen infrastructure with only one OS like "windows xp".
the reality is that there are lots of operating systems (windows and others) used.
So itīs helpful to have a kix which make less problems unter the most possible windows OS.

#182249 - 2007-11-05 10:14 AM Re: ERROR: Tokenized script + Windows 95 [Re: paperinik]
Mart Moderator Offline
KiX Supporter

First of all you did write about lots of issues.

Quote:

I think there are lots of problems in 4.60

Second, looking at the other post you made and linked to it seems that this is not a specific 4.60 problem and a possible solution is provided. Did you try the solution?

Lots of people have 4.60 running in a production environment and have no problems so I don’t think it is fair to kick 4.60 this hard because in your specific setup it has some issues. This discussion is going off topic here so lets quit it.

#182251 - 2007-11-05 10:24 AM Re: ERROR: Tokenized script + Windows 95 [Re: RaphaelPereira]
paperinik Offline
Fresh Scripter

@mart:

You are right.

when did you think kix4.6x will be available for w95 again?

#182261 - 2007-11-05 02:28 PM Re: ERROR: Tokenized script + Windows 95 [Re: paperinik]
Mart Moderator Offline
KiX Supporter

Dunno. That is upto Ruud. There are some rumors about dropping Win9x support but I did not see anything from Ruud about dropping Win9x support.

#182264 - 2007-11-05 03:17 PM Re: ERROR: Tokenized script + Windows 95 [Re: Mart]
Glenn Barnas Administrator Offline
KiX Supporter

Loc: New Jersey
Holy moly! Win9FIVE?? Not even Win9EIGHT (se)??

FWIW - I just spent the past month removing any W9x backward compatibility from my published apps & UDFs because they either bloated the code or limited the capabilities.

Glenn

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  ShaneEP, Arend_, Jochen, Radimus, Glenn Barnas, Allen, Ruud van Velsen, Mart 
Hop to:
Shout Box

Who's Online
2 registered (morganw, mole) and 414 anonymous users online.
Newest Members
gespanntleuchten, DaveatAdvanced, Paulo_Alves, UsTaaa, xxJJxx
17864 Registered Users

Generated in 0.072 seconds in which 0.024 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.