Page 13 of 15 « First<1112131415>
Topic Options
#115160 - 2006-11-03 04:09 PM Re: Kixtarter - KiXtart Script Editor
ADynes Offline
Starting to like KiXtart

Loc: Ohio
A Beta of version 4 has been released. It requires Microsoft Dot Net v2.0 to run and if not installed it will prompt you to download it. Testing was only done on Windows XP Pro so far. I set it up to install into a different directory and start menu folder then the current version so it should not interfer much with the old version:

http://www.thatguyssoftware.com/downloads/kixtarter/kixtarterv4betasetup.msi

If anyone has time to try it out pelase do so and tell me what you think so far. Its mostly complete....I have some work to finish up the "Insert" menu system but otherwise most of the things I wanted to put in are done. Please eitehr post your comments or use the "submit bug/feedback" to give me info on it. Also remember to post the version. Thanks.

-Allan.

#115161 - 2006-11-08 05:46 PM Re: Kixtarter - KiXtart Script Editor
ADynes Offline
Starting to like KiXtart

From web stats I see people are downlaoding it but havn't gotten any feedback yet. If you have tried it please let me know what you think. Also there is a update to the beta that finishes up the insert menus and a couple little things so its pretty much finished so feedback would be appreciated.

-Allan

#115162 - 2006-11-20 04:56 PM Re: Kixtarter - KiXtart Script Editor
ADynes Offline
Starting to like KiXtart

Over fifty downloads of the beta but zero feedback. Please let me know if its better, worse, faster, slower, etc and if you are having any problems with it. As of right now the beta thats online (and there is a small update if you use the updater) is what the final v4 will be as I have not found any glaring bugs in testing so far.

-Allan

#115163 - 2006-11-20 06:04 PM Re: Kixtarter - KiXtart Script Editor
Gargoyle Offline
MM club member

Loc: Valley of the Sun (Arizona, US...
I have downloaded and installed, but have not had anytime to do any scripting as of late. As soon as I do, I will let you know.
#172192 - 2006-12-29 07:57 PM Re: Kixtarter - KiXtart Script Editor [Re: Gargoyle]
ADynes Offline
Starting to like KiXtart

Over 100 downloads of the beta, still no feedback. I guess thats a good thing as if something was wrong I'd definately hear about it. \:\) I'm gonna clean up the code a little, hopefully be a little faster and release it as v4. If anyone has any comments, suggestions, buts to report or anything please do so ASAP.

-Allan

#172202 - 2006-12-29 10:31 PM Re: Kixtarter - KiXtart Script Editor [Re: ADynes]
Lonkero Administrator Offline
KiX Master Guru

Loc: OK
no butts to report.

download KiXnet

#172299 - 2007-01-02 02:48 PM Re: Kixtarter - KiXtart Script Editor [Re: Lonkero]
ADynes Offline
Starting to like KiXtart

Originally Posted By: Jooel
no butts to report.

#172881 - 2007-01-17 04:56 PM Re: Kixtarter - KiXtart Script Editor [Re: ADynes]
ADynes Offline
Starting to like KiXtart

Kixtarter has been updated to version 4.00 and deployed to the website. Anyone that tried to update using a 3.x series or the beta will see a warning that the software has been updated and they should download the new version if possible. People that are running version 3 should go into the options screen and click "Reset to default", close the software and then uninstall before installing the new version. Its not required to do this but it will uninstall cleaner this way and remove the registry keys it was using. I had 115 unique downloads of the beta version with no real bugs reported and the couple comments I recieved were positive so I don't expect many issues with this release. But as before if there are any problems pelase submit them through the website.

-Allan

#173644 - 2007-02-05 03:07 PM Re: Kixtarter - KiXtart Script Editor [Re: ADynes]
ADynes Offline
Starting to like KiXtart

150+ downloads and 2 people have sent in comments, one let me know that it appears to runs fine on Vista (has .Net 2 built in although v3 doesnt by default..need 1.1 runtimes) and the other asked if it can be set to install and run on a USB Key/Flashdrive. For the Flashdrive question the answer is yes, as long as the PC you want to run on has the Microsoft .Net 2.0 runtimes installed you can just copy your Kixtarter directory from where you installed it (c:\program files\Kixtarter by default) to a removable drive and use it. The settings will NOT carry over as they're written to the .Net default settings folder (somewhere in the maze of "user profile\local settings") but it does run just fine from a removable device.

-Allan

#173859 - 2007-02-12 09:06 PM Re: Kixtarter - KiXtart Script Editor [Re: ADynes]
ADynes Offline
Starting to like KiXtart

Seems everytime this post gets a bump I get a additional 30 downloads the next day. As of right now there will not be any updates (although there was one spelling mistake found) as I have yet to find nor has anyone reported an actual bug with this version yet. Also I have been asked by a couple people to include thier own pet projects into my code. If I havn't gotten back to you I will try to in the near future.

-Allan

#174267 - 2007-02-26 03:37 PM Re: Kixtarter - KiXtart Script Editor [Re: ADynes]
ADynes Offline
Starting to like KiXtart

Also if anyone is interested I've been writing some "utility" programs in VB and I will slowly be adding them to my website. The first is a simple network scanner (ping, name resolution) and I have a couple more that I need to clean up the code on before I release them. I also plan on releasing the code as I release the programs in case there are any VB programmers out there.

Still no issues (other then the one misspell) or bugs reported yet which is a very good thing considering there have been over 300 downloads. As before if you do find anything please submit it through the website by going to Help -> Submit bug or feedback in the program.

-Allan

#174277 - 2007-02-26 09:42 PM Re: Kixtarter - KiXtart Script Editor [Re: ADynes]
Allen Administrator Online   shocked
KiX Supporter

Loc: USA
I submitted two (potential) bugs with Kixtarter and Vista about fews days back. Please let me know if you did not receive them.
#174335 - 2007-02-28 03:46 PM Re: Kixtarter - KiXtart Script Editor [Re: Allen]
ADynes Offline
Starting to like KiXtart

Originally Posted By: Allen
I submitted two (potential) bugs with Kixtarter and Vista about fews days back. Please let me know if you did not receive them.

Did get them but I have not been able to test on Vista as I don't have a Vista test machine up and running yet. I did mark on the webpage there were Vista issues. Friends have tested other software on Vista and it seems that different versions support some things. for instance a contorls software we run in our office will not even install on Home Premium but installs and works fine on Ultimate. What version are you running?

-Allan

P.S. - I released a little patch to get rid of the spelling mistake and also a potential update bug. Well not a bug but a niesence.

Edited by ADynes (2007-02-28 03:47 PM)

#174355 - 2007-03-01 02:24 AM Re: Kixtarter - KiXtart Script Editor [Re: ADynes]
Allen Administrator Online   shocked
KiX Supporter

Loc: USA
Vista Pro
#174466 - 2007-03-05 04:40 PM Re: Kixtarter - KiXtart Script Editor [Re: Allen]
ADynes Offline
Starting to like KiXtart

I've been told be a friend that Vistas registry is a lot different then XP/2000 and this may be causing the errors. File associations are done by modifying the registry and then making a request to the OS to update the associations part of the registry (for the most part) which you usually see as the desktop flashing once or twice as associations are refreshed and icons are "reassigned". The registry changes seem to be working (since you can right click a .kix file and see the "Edit with Kixtarter" option for example) but the file passing part doesn't seem to work which is whats even more confusing to me (if the association worked that part should also). All other program settings use the my.settings thing in .Net 2.0 so thats why there all working fine (and why if you run off a USB device the settings don't carry over). I'll have to track down a Vista machine and see how it handles the file passing to see if its jsut a change in setting the registry key or a change in how my program understands the passed file name.

So if your having this exact issue (file associations not working correctly) please do not report it as a bug through the webpage. Or just check the "Bugs" section for those I know about, anything not listed please submit so I can add it and figure it out.

-Allan

#174734 - 2007-03-16 06:39 PM Re: Kixtarter - KiXtart Script Editor [Re: ADynes]
ADynes Offline
Starting to like KiXtart

Someone reported that the replace all function wasn't replacing everything, just the first couple occurances of a word. I however cannot replicate that bug nor has the replace/find function changed in a very long time. If anyone can please give me any details (OS, word searched for, etc) so I can track it down otherwise I'll assume it was jsut with the one user.

-Allan

#174742 - 2007-03-18 02:48 PM Re: Kixtarter - KiXtart Script Editor [Re: ADynes]
Sealeopard Offline
KiX Master

Loc: Boston, MA, USA
You want a bug? Here's a bug:
When exporting the script into an HTML file, the leading spaces, e.g. for indentation, seems to be stripped off.

Kinda need this fixed as I need to save about 15 KiXtart scripts in color-coded HTML format.

#175537 - 2007-04-20 03:11 PM Re: Kixtarter - KiXtart Script Editor [Re: Sealeopard]
ADynes Offline
Starting to like KiXtart

Originally Posted By: Sealeopard
You want a bug? Here's a bug:
When exporting the script into an HTML file, the leading spaces, e.g. for indentation, seems to be stripped off.

Kinda need this fixed as I need to save about 15 KiXtart scripts in color-coded HTML format.

Sorry Sealeopard, I haven't been on the boards lately and you didn't submit this through the website so I didn't see it. ;\) I was looking through the RTF -> HTML code and it never had anything in it for spacing in HTML so what I originally did was added in a section that said if you find a tab character to use "     " to simulate a tab in HTML. So if your writing scripts with tabs for your indentation it will look just fine. I will see what I can do about spaces though.

-Allan

#175550 - 2007-04-20 04:30 PM Re: Kixtarter - KiXtart Script Editor [Re: ADynes]
ADynes Offline
Starting to like KiXtart

Wow....I think the fix was a lot easier then expected. Just forced the
 Code:
&nbsp;
character in for every two spaces found and it seems to work pretty good. HTML bloat might be a issue so I put the option to do this in the options screen in case you want it turned off. Cleaned up a little extra code in the HTML routine and fixed a little issue with the version number being displayed. A update should be available soon as well as a full release download.

-Allan

Edited by ADynes (2007-04-20 04:31 PM)

#178725 - 2007-08-06 02:52 PM Re: Kixtarter - KiXtart Script Editor [Re: ADynes]
ADynes Offline
Starting to like KiXtart

Wow, over 1500 downloads this year and this thread hasn't been very active. I haven't had a lot of time to expand on the program but I've gotten very few bug reports and I've only been able to repeat one of them on very specific circumstances so I have not put out a fix for it. Thanks for all the positive comments submitted through the website.

-Allan

Page 13 of 15 « First<1112131415>

Moderator:  Jochen, Allen, Radimus, Glenn Barnas, ShaneEP, Ruud van Velsen, Arend_, Mart 
Hop to:
Shout Box

Who's Online
1 registered (Allen) and 466 anonymous users online.
Newest Members
gespanntleuchten, DaveatAdvanced, Paulo_Alves, UsTaaa, xxJJxx
17864 Registered Users

Generated in 0.081 seconds in which 0.032 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.

Search the board with:
superb Board Search
or try with google:
Google
Web kixtart.org