Page 5 of 5 <12345
Topic Options
#173626 - 2007-02-05 12:08 AM Re: ANY SAVIOUR I N HERE TODAY?? [Re: Witto]
selormquarshie Offline
Getting the hang of it

well...how would i implement "-dC:\Temp\imsync.dll" and all other .DLL files i'm being prompted INTO the uninstall command "Shell 'C:\WINDOWS\uninst.exe -y -f"C:\Program Files\Pivotal\Relation\DeIsL1.isu"
#173627 - 2007-02-05 12:24 AM Re: ANY SAVIOUR I N HERE TODAY?? [Re: selormquarshie]
Witto Offline
MM club member

Loc: Belgium
In your answer you only spoke about LMSYNC.DLL, and I presume it is not located in the C:\Temp\ folder as you are typing.
#173628 - 2007-02-05 12:30 AM Re: ANY SAVIOUR I N HERE TODAY?? [Re: Witto]
Witto Offline
MM club member

Loc: Belgium
Björn has given an answer how to create a response file, so maybe look for that answer.
#173629 - 2007-02-05 02:01 AM Re: ANY SAVIOUR I N HERE TODAY?? [Re: Witto]
selormquarshie Offline
Getting the hang of it

It's not only the IMSYNC.DLL, there are about eleven .DLL files....here they are....

IMSYNC.DLL
ISYMPS.DLL
NSERVERCA.DLL
NSERVERCPS.DLL
RN1CDATA.DLL
RN1COLON.DLL
RN1DOBJ.DLL
RSMFORMOUTLOOK.DLL
ISYNCPS.DLL

Edited by selormquarshie (2007-02-05 02:07 AM)

#173630 - 2007-02-05 04:46 AM Re: ANY SAVIOUR I N HERE TODAY?? [Re: selormquarshie]
NTDOC Administrator Offline
Administrator

Loc: CA
Hello selormquarshie I'm not sure how much more anyone can help you here. You seem to ignore much of the advice given.

Google, Yahoo, MSN all have excellent search engines to help locate further information as well.

I'm thinking though that if your Company could afford the product in the first place then you probably have other IT support on staff do you not?

I'm not wanting to sound mean but you do not appear to have much in the way of basic skills for this type of support and perhaps someone else on your Team might have more experience and or could assist you further.

If this was a learning experiece it might not be so bad but you say it is a project and is now apparently overdue so I would assume this avenue of support is not fast enough to help you.

The advice given to you is nothing new as most of us have been doing this for many years so we all know how to do it but you seem to either ignore the advice or if not then you don't properly report back what was asked of you.

Please start from the FIRST post and read through ALL of them and you will find your answer which is IT CAN NOT BE SILENTLY REMOVED without you manually removing it. Though I'm sure you don't have the experience to do so and without one of us having the program installed we can't really help you either.

Bottom line is you need to install it on a client that has never had it installed and use a program to watch what gets added, then write a script that goes through and removes the files and registry entries for you silently. If you know all the files and registry entries we can probably assist you in how to then remove it but not until you know that information.

Page 5 of 5 <12345

Moderator:  Jochen, Allen, Radimus, Glenn Barnas, ShaneEP, Ruud van Velsen, Arend_, Mart 
Hop to:
Shout Box

Who's Online
1 registered (Allen) and 466 anonymous users online.
Newest Members
gespanntleuchten, DaveatAdvanced, Paulo_Alves, UsTaaa, xxJJxx
17864 Registered Users

Generated in 0.054 seconds in which 0.024 seconds were spent on a total of 13 queries. Zlib compression enabled.

Search the board with:
superb Board Search
or try with google:
Google
Web kixtart.org