Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#164987 - 2006-07-22 10:19 PM KiX -v- VB
Gargoyle Offline
MM club member

Loc: Valley of the Sun (Arizona, US...
There are many time people ask why Kix is better than VB for many things.

Perhaps someone can take the final Mayan Number Convert and re-write it into VB to show an example of how much easier Kix is to use..

#164988 - 2006-07-23 04:08 AM Re: KiX -v- VB
NTDOC Administrator Offline
Administrator

Loc: CA
LOL

Well I can tell you already that VB is not going to be so lenient with the interpreter. That is one reason VB coding is a pain at times too.

Also not sure if we have anyone around or not that is that well versed in VB to write it and then Golf it down.

I agree though that it would be interesting to see.

#164989 - 2006-07-23 08:41 AM Re: KiX -v- VB
Richard H. Administrator Offline
Administrator

Loc: Leatherhead, Surrey, UK
Search the board for Kix v VB posts.

There have been a couple of very good discussions which I've contributed to and I really don't want to retype the same stuff for a third time.

If you have any problems finding the threads shout again and we'll have a look form them.

The golf challenge is maybe not such a good metric to compare the languages. While it shows how rapidly fast accurate small code can be generated, golf challenges are rarely real-world examples and the code produced is compressed into a level of obscurity that no-one in their right mind would choose for production scripts - especially as we take advantage of undocumented features which may get "fixed" in future versions.

IF you really want to compare the Mayan golf challenge in VB and KiXtart you need to get a VB-aphobe to do it as few people on this board will have the interest to make it a real challenge.

#164990 - 2006-07-23 06:32 PM Re: KiX -v- VB
Gargoyle Offline
MM club member

Loc: Valley of the Sun (Arizona, US...
Quote:

Well I can tell you already that VB is not going to be so lenient with the interpreter. That is one reason VB coding is a pain at times too.

Is exactly why I mentioned it and why KiX is still as strong today as it was before VB came to the forefront.

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  Arend_, Allen, Jochen, Radimus, Glenn Barnas, ShaneEP, Ruud van Velsen, Mart 
Hop to:
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered and 248 anonymous users online.
Newest Members
gespanntleuchten, DaveatAdvanced, Paulo_Alves, UsTaaa, xxJJxx
17864 Registered Users

Generated in 0.051 seconds in which 0.022 seconds were spent on a total of 12 queries. Zlib compression enabled.

Search the board with:
superb Board Search
or try with google:
Google
Web kixtart.org