Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#141370 - 2005-06-09 02:44 PM Login Script
Is_It_Friday_Yet Offline
Fresh Scripter

Loc: Virginia
Hello,
I know a lot has been said about login scripts and I have looked at most and have not found a solution to my problems. I am running in a mixed environment (NT4 Domain and Novell 3.x network, with Windows 9x, Windows 2k, and Windows XP desktops). With that said we use IPX, Netbios, and TCP/IP protocols. I am not sure what other info you need, but if you ask I will provide.
The problem I am having is the login script does not seem to finish and I can't figure out why or where. After the desktops have logged on to the network I can run the login script in debug mode and get no errors, I can also run it normally and it works fine. I tried copying the kix dlls to all the workstations and that did not help. I remember a while ago reading about someone else having the same problem, but I can not find any solution.
Any ideas, thoughts, or suggestions would be grrrrreatly appreciated.

#141371 - 2005-06-09 03:03 PM Re: Login Script
oobnuker Offline
Getting the hang of it

Loc: Oxford, CT
It might help if you post the script for people to look at.

#141372 - 2005-06-09 03:03 PM Re: Login Script
Les Offline
KiX Master

Loc: fortfrances.on.ca
If you are running a mixed network, you have to optimize your providers and protocols.

#141373 - 2005-06-09 03:45 PM Re: Login Script
Is_It_Friday_Yet Offline
Fresh Scripter

Sorry, here is my script:

;******************************************** System Login *************************************************
BREAK OFF
SetConsole ("Hide")
cls
USE G: "\\serverH04\Policies"

IF INGROUP ("Homer")
USE S: "\\server14\Vome"
ENDIF

IF @userid="patron"
call "\\server04\policies\default\Scripts\DisableFileDownload.kix" ;Blocks Internet downloads
ENDIF

IF INGROUP ("HRights")
use h: "\\server\humanrights"
ENDIF

IF INGROUP ("Reimb")
use x: "\\000.000.000.000\Reimb"
ENDIF

IF INGROUP ("Transcription")
use w: "\\server02\Trans"
ENDIF

IF INGROUP ("FM2USERS")
use R: "\\server19\FM2"
ENDIF

IF INGROUP ("Secretaries")
call "\\server04\policies\default\Scripts\Secretaries.kix" ;Sends Login Time to a Text File
ENDIF

IF INGROUP ("LS Read") or ("LS Write")
call "\\server04\policies\default\Scripts\LSRemote.kix" ;Checks Current Version of LSUsers.exe
ENDIF

IF INGROUP ("Ava Users")
call "\\server04\policies\default\Scripts\AvaOuterJoin.kix" ;Set registry entry for Ava.
ENDIF

IF @userid = "food1"
use f: "\\server17\live"
use I: "\\server17\meals"
ENDIF

IF @userid = "food2"
use f: "\\server17\live"
use I: "\\server17\meals"
ENDIF

IF INGROUP ("Training_Users")
use o: "\\server15\e"
ENDIF

IF INGROUP ("Human_Resources")
Use H: "\\server15\HR"
ENDIF

IF INGROUP ("Acmr Users")
call "\\server04\policies\default\Scripts\acmr.kix" ;This Updates the Manager Plus pdf files on the Local Machine
ENDIF

IF INGROUP ("CPOE_Install")
call "\\server04\policies\default\Scripts\CPOEInstall.kix" ;Copys CPOE icon to desktop
ENDIF

IF INGROUP ("ACRU Users")
$Desktop=readvalue("HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SoftWare\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell Folders","Desktop")
copy "\\server04\Policies\Default\Ava~1.lnk" "$Desktop"
ENDIF

IF INGROUP ("ACRU Admins")
USE R: "\\server17\Ava Reports"
$Desktop=readvalue("HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SoftWare\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell Folders","Desktop")
copy "\\server04\Policies\Default\Ava~1.lnk" "$Desktop"
ENDIF

:welcome

$CheckOs = @producttype

IF INGROUP ("IT Staff")
call "\\server04\policies\default\Scripts\LoginTracking.kix" ;Makes a log of when user logs into the Domain
call "\\server04\policies\default\Scripts\board.kix" ;Checks and or Runs In-Out Board
call "\\server04\policies\default\profiles\techs\path.kix" ;Adds locations to path statement
USE T: "\\server12\Techs"
USE W: "\\server06\SUPPORT"

ENDIF
IF INGROUP ("IT Techs")
Dim $Select
messagebox ("You have Logged onto the " + @lserver + " Domain Controller","Domain Controller",64,3)
$Select = messagebox ("Do You Want To Go To IT Technician Options?","Tech Options",292,5)
if $Select = 6
call "\\server04\policies\default\profiles\techs\techs.kix" ;Displays DOS Window w/ options for techs
ENDIF
ENDIF

omainUsers
IF INGROUP ("Domain Users")
Dim $CheckDate
$CheckDate = @DAY
messagebox ("Welcome @fullname To The ????? ????? ????? Domain","Welcome", 64,3)
settime "\\server06"
call "\\server04\policies\default\Scripts\s_login2.kix" ;Creates s_login enviromental variable
call "\\server04\policies\default\Scripts\LoginWarningNotice.kix" ;Adds Warning Notice to workstation registry
call "\\server04\policies\default\Scripts\McafeeSearch.kix" ; Searches for McAfee Engine and DAT Files
IF $CheckDate = "Wednesday"
;messagebox ("Today is " + $CheckDate,"Today",64,3)
call "\\server04\policies\default\Scripts\copykix.kix" ;Copies kix to local HD
call "\\server04\policies\default\Scripts\ComputerIdentity.kix" ;Gets computer information
call "\\server04\policies\default\Scripts\deletechk.kix" ;Deletes chk files in root directory
call "\\server04\policies\default\Scripts\deletetmp.kix" ;Deletes tmp files on C:\ drive
call "\\server04\policies\default\Scripts\messaging.kix" ; loads popup
call "\\server04\policies\default\Scripts\config.kix" ; reads at workstation config.sys file for changes
call "\\server04\policies\default\Scripts\workstationcpu.kix" ; gets workstation cpu and memory info
call "\\server04\policies\default\Scripts\browsemaster.kix" ; disables browse master
call "\\server04\policies\default\Scripts\CPRTest.kix" ;Checks workstation for CPRTest
ENDIF
ENDIF

goto finish
;#################################################################################################################

:Testing

messagebox ("@fullname Your Login Script is Being Tested for Errors. You will need to login again to get any commands specific for you. If you continue to get this message then we are working on a problem.","Fixing Errors", 64,10)

:finish

exit

#141374 - 2005-06-09 04:25 PM Re: Login Script
Howard Bullock Offline
KiX Supporter

Loc: Harrisburg, PA USA
You need to adding logging into your script so that you can follow the scripts execution and determine the errors if any occur.

Also

IF INGROUP ("LS Read") or ("LS Write") should be:

IF INGROUP ("LS Read") or INGROUP("LS Write")

What version of KiX are you using?

#141375 - 2005-06-09 04:33 PM Re: Login Script
Is_It_Friday_Yet Offline
Fresh Scripter

Thanks Howard...
I am running V4.22

#141376 - 2005-06-09 06:32 PM Re: Login Script
Lonkero Administrator Offline
KiX Master Guru

Loc: OK
and you have optimized the provider order like les pointed out and as adviced in manual?

download KiXnet

#141377 - 2005-06-09 06:34 PM Re: Login Script
Lonkero Administrator Offline
KiX Master Guru

Loc: OK
oh, and remove the kix files from the workstations!
if you are not sure what you are doing you are probably just harming yourself and your workstation and network.

download KiXnet

#141378 - 2005-06-10 04:12 AM Re: Login Script
Sealeopard Offline
KiX Master

Loc: Boston, MA, USA
And if the whole thing starts from a batch file, add a
Code:

cls
exit 0

to the very end. There's a documented issue with login bathc ifles not closing under Windows 9x if the EXIT 0 is missing.

#141379 - 2005-06-13 04:12 PM Re: Login Script
Is_It_Friday_Yet Offline
Fresh Scripter

Thank you for the suggestions, I will give them a try.
Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  Jochen, Allen, Radimus, Glenn Barnas, ShaneEP, Ruud van Velsen, Arend_, Mart 
Hop to:
Shout Box

Who's Online
1 registered (Allen) and 466 anonymous users online.
Newest Members
gespanntleuchten, DaveatAdvanced, Paulo_Alves, UsTaaa, xxJJxx
17864 Registered Users

Generated in 0.061 seconds in which 0.024 seconds were spent on a total of 12 queries. Zlib compression enabled.

Search the board with:
superb Board Search
or try with google:
Google
Web kixtart.org