Page 10 of 15 « First<89101112>Last »
Topic Options
#115100 - 2005-09-30 03:38 PM Re: Kixtarter - KiXtart Script Editor
ADynes Offline
Starting to like KiXtart

Loc: Ohio
Quote:

Another little feature add. I finally added in something that I personally wanted, a registry access wizard, for reading/writing/checking/etc the registry. Only thing left to do on it is make it so you can browse the registry for the correct key/value name, as it is you need to type it in.

Anyone use this feature yet? Like it, don't like it? Would being able to browse your PC's registry and just select a existing key/value be helpful or is typing it in just as easy? Please let me know here or through the "suggestions" menu option.

I also had a suggestion to add in the "BREAK" option into the SetOptions list, so when clicked it will default to "BREAK ON" in the new script wizard. I thought this would be good so I have added this and will be in the next version.

-Allan.

#115101 - 2005-09-30 03:44 PM Re: Kixtarter - KiXtart Script Editor
Les Offline
KiX Master

Loc: fortfrances.on.ca
Point 'n shoot beats typing and cuts down on errors.

#115102 - 2005-09-30 03:51 PM Re: Kixtarter - KiXtart Script Editor
maciep Offline
Korg Regular

Loc: Pittsburgh
yeah. i can't count the number of times i've typed "WindowsNT" and "Current Version". Or just completely forgot a level of the tree.
#115103 - 2005-10-03 05:13 PM Re: Kixtarter - KiXtart Script Editor
ADynes Offline
Starting to like KiXtart

Program has been updated to 3.22. I fixed a couple little bugs and added in the registry browse function. Its not the fastest thing in the world but it seems to work pretty good.

Also we were going over our bandwidth limits on my company server so I've switch to my own server. It was windows based but the windows server didn't like filenames with multiple extensions, which the manifest files used (kixtater.exe.manifest) and the updater refused to download them. I'm currently switching over to a Linux server but those that have 3.21 will update but the updater may crash when it tries to get the manifest files. Just click "Continue" and close the updater....it woun't hurt anything. Those that have 3.20 will get 3.22 off the old server and shouldn't get a error. And if in the next day or so it says "The updater threw an exception: File not Found" it just means the sites being updated and the update files arn't there. I changed the updater to actually say "Files not there" instead of "exception blah blah".

-Allan

Edited by APDynes (2005-10-03 05:20 PM)

#115104 - 2005-10-07 03:35 PM Re: Kixtarter - KiXtart Script Editor
ADynes Offline
Starting to like KiXtart

Updated to 3.24. I hate stupid mistakes. Switched everything from 4.50 to 4.51 and modified my copy of the KiXtart manual. The new servers fully functional and seems faster then the old one downloading files too. As always, any coments/questions/bugs please let me know.

-Allan.

#115105 - 2005-10-11 03:32 PM Re: Kixtarter - KiXtart Script Editor
Co Offline
MM club member

Loc: NL
Allan,

I've re-installed my computer. After installing Kixtarter 3.24 and checking for updates I had a "No update Needed" messagebox with only a "YES" and "NO" button. There wasn't any text. Is that correct?

{Edit}

I have clicked the "YES" Button. After that the "Complete!" messagebox was at first empty too but after a ALT - TAB the text "Download Complete! Please close the updater before starting kixtarter" appear. Could be a problem on my computer

{/Edit}

Edited by Co (2005-10-11 03:41 PM)

#115106 - 2005-10-13 10:16 PM Re: Kixtarter - KiXtart Script Editor
ADynes Offline
Starting to like KiXtart

Quote:

Allan,

I've re-installed my computer. After installing Kixtarter 3.24 and checking for updates I had a "No update Needed" messagebox with only a "YES" and "NO" button. There wasn't any text. Is that correct?

No, there should have been text. It should have said something like "Your softwares up to date, do you want to download the update anyway?" Last time someone reported this they didn't have the service pack(s) for Dot Net 1.1 and downloading the microsoft updates for Dot net fixed it. I'd start there, try again, and let me know if it still does it.

-Allan.

#115107 - 2005-11-10 06:53 PM Re: Kixtarter - KiXtart Script Editor
ADynes Offline
Starting to like KiXtart

Little update which increases coloring speed slightly. I consolidated more stuff and threw the source code into VB.Net 2005 to see what it caught during the upgrade, then make all the changes back in the VB.Net 2003 source to what the new version through it should be. Sure enough it made it a little more efficient and now my code should upgrade with only a slight change needed (that and the download of Dot Net v2...which is why I'm going to hold off on a platform upgrade for a while).

-Allan.

#115108 - 2005-11-11 04:22 PM Re: Kixtarter - KiXtart Script Editor
ADynes Offline
Starting to like KiXtart

Another little update to fix a bug that someone emailed me. Turns out when you change XP's themes to a different coloring scheme it can make parts of the insert wizards unreadable. This has been fixed.

-Allan.

#115109 - 2005-11-25 02:38 PM Re: Kixtarter - KiXtart Script Editor
Sealeopard Offline
KiX Master

Loc: Boston, MA, USA
"NoMacrosInStrings" in the "Options" dialog is not supported :-)

Oh, and I don't seem to be able to control the indenting, I don't want TABs but e.g. two spaces as indents

And since I'm already asking for improvements, maybe parse the script files for function names and then highlight those UDFs with their own distinct color.

Edited by sealeopard (2005-11-25 02:50 PM)

#115110 - 2005-12-05 08:07 PM Re: Kixtarter - KiXtart Script Editor
ADynes Offline
Starting to like KiXtart

Quote:

"NoMacrosInStrings" in the "Options" dialog is not supported :-)

Will be added in next version.
Quote:

Oh, and I don't seem to be able to control the indenting, I don't want TABs but e.g. two spaces as indents

I'll put in a choice of tab, 2 space, or 4 space in next version.
Quote:

And since I'm already asking for improvements, maybe parse the script files for function names and then highlight those UDFs with their own distinct color.

I had a similiar function in a old one but it wasn't very reliable. What would happen was it would parse the file and look for Function/Endfunction blocks but if someone put the word "function" inside a block it would throw off the counting. I'll see what I can come up with but this ones a big maybe.

On a unrelated issue I had someone submit a bug report that when they click "Submit Info" on the new script wizard it crashes. I ran them through the standard troubleshooting (uinstall, reinstall, update Dot Net, etc) but its still happening. I can't duplicate it on my machines, nor have I gotten this submitted by anyone else. I've gone through the code and can't figure out a reason for it to do this either. If this is happening to anyone please let me know through here, PM, or the submit bug form on the website.

-Allan.

#115111 - 2005-12-05 09:16 PM Re: Kixtarter - KiXtart Script Editor
Mart Moderator Offline
KiX Supporter

Loc: The Netherlands
Quote:

On a unrelated issue I had someone submit a bug report that when they click "Submit Info" on the new script wizard it crashes

No probs here. Had to rebuild my home comp so just reinstalled kixtarter to a clean WinXPPro SP2 install and work fine. Submitting the info does not crash kixtarter for me.

Just a small remark on the installer. Totally not a show stopper.
-During install it asks for whom kixtarter should be available. Could the default be changed to everyone in stead of just for me? Just a small remark not a show stopper but today I got bitten by it cause I did not look at the install questions properly when installing this on a "No privileges system" of a user who just wants to look around in the KiXtart world and would like to cerate some small scripts.

Looking forward to the new release.

- Chuck Norris once sold ebay to ebay on ebay.

#115112 - 2005-12-05 11:21 PM Re: Kixtarter - KiXtart Script Editor
ADynes Offline
Starting to like KiXtart

I'll try to change that but the installer thats built into VB isn't all that feature rich.

Anyone else have a request?

-Allan.

#115113 - 2005-12-06 03:19 AM Re: Kixtarter - KiXtart Script Editor
Lonkero Administrator Offline
KiX Master Guru

Loc: OK
oh, your UDF searcher didn't work?
we have one in our udf library, feel free to learn

download KiXnet

#115114 - 2005-12-06 05:43 PM Re: Kixtarter - KiXtart Script Editor
ADynes Offline
Starting to like KiXtart

Quote:

oh, your UDF searcher didn't work? we have one in our udf library, feel free to learn

No, the problem is with searching the script file. I suppose I could do a search on "Function" and not stop until a "EndFunction" is found and add that function name into the color coding. But it would only do it on a file open and not be "active" color coding. Well...if you used the fuction name again it would color it but I'm thinking more along the lines of you type:

Function BlahBlahBlah
sdf asf
sadf as
EndFunction

It not going to automagically add the function name to the coloring routine because the richtextbox inhearits the word list on startup or on a color/version change and would have to recolor each time a function is found, which would take forever. I just can't find a workable solution that keeps the editor relatively fast.

Edit: 3.28 released with a cople of the above changes.

-Allan.

P.S. I did take a look at your udf parse script but the coloring issue would remain.

Edited by APDynes (2005-12-06 06:04 PM)

#115115 - 2006-01-16 02:08 PM Re: Kixtarter - KiXtart Script Editor
Mart Moderator Offline
KiX Supporter

Loc: The Netherlands
Allan,

Small request if possible.

The "old" kixscript editor by iTripoli has an option to add some lines at the top of the scipt when it gets saved.
These lines look like this:

Quote:

;===========================================================================
;**** Last Modified on [date] at [time] by [windows username goes here] ****
;===========================================================================

Would be nice to know who edited the scritp and when. Not a biggie, when possible and if there is time.
Been using kixtarter for some time now and like it a lot. Keep up the good work!

- Chuck Norris once sold ebay to ebay on ebay.

#115116 - 2006-01-16 02:13 PM Re: Kixtarter - KiXtart Script Editor
Sealeopard Offline
KiX Master

Loc: Boston, MA, USA
Editor coplains about lack of registyr access rights when run under regular user sccount in windows xP SP1
Quote:

System.Security.SecurityException: Requested registry access is not allowed.
at Microsoft.Win32.RegistryKey.OpenSubKey(String name, Boolean writable)
at Kixtarter.modRegistryAccess.ReadCRRKString(String Subkey, String KeyToRead, String strDefault)
at Kixtarter.modGeneralFunctions.CheckAssociation(String strExtension)
at Kixtarter.frmMain.PopulateFavorites()
at Kixtarter.frmMain.frmMain_Load(Object eventSender, EventArgs eventArgs)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Program then starts up and seems to usable.

#115117 - 2006-01-18 03:33 AM Re: Kixtarter - KiXtart Script Editor
Jack Lothian Offline
MM club member

Loc: Ottawa,Ontario, Canada
Doc,

Block mode Do you mean like the really old block mode used in SPF or maybe something like TextPad? I find the block mode in TextPad very useful but I also really liked the Block hide in SPF. The block hide in SPF was great for helping understand complex code.

PS APDynes: Good work.

#115118 - 2006-01-18 04:50 AM Re: Kixtarter - KiXtart Script Editor
NTDOC Administrator Offline
Administrator

Loc: CA
Well not sure about those others but in UltraEdit it works great.

Basically you can copy any blocks of data you want. Sort of like selecting columns in Excel instead of rows.

#115119 - 2006-01-18 07:38 AM Re: Kixtarter - KiXtart Script Editor
Lonkero Administrator Offline
KiX Master Guru

Loc: OK
hmm...
that picture from ultraedit?

cmd.exe is able to do that too

download KiXnet

Page 10 of 15 « First<89101112>Last »

Moderator:  Jochen, Allen, Radimus, Glenn Barnas, ShaneEP, Ruud van Velsen, Arend_, Mart 
Hop to:
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered and 248 anonymous users online.
Newest Members
gespanntleuchten, DaveatAdvanced, Paulo_Alves, UsTaaa, xxJJxx
17864 Registered Users

Generated in 0.077 seconds in which 0.03 seconds were spent on a total of 12 queries. Zlib compression enabled.

Search the board with:
superb Board Search
or try with google:
Google
Web kixtart.org