Page 4 of 15 « First<23456>Last »
Topic Options
#114980 - 2004-06-08 10:02 PM Re: Kixtarter - KiXtart Script Editor
Lonkero Administrator Offline
KiX Master Guru

Loc: OK
you can kill it on your own.

allan, ja...
ppl use kix32.exe as it's the one they've used since 1996.
anyways, anyone who really wants to write something serious likes the advantages of wkix32, even in simple console-screened mode.
yet, there are lot more upsides, like the ones you see when using GUI.

download KiXnet

#114981 - 2004-07-12 05:55 PM Re: Kixtarter - KiXtart Script Editor
ADynes Offline
Starting to like KiXtart

Loc: Ohio
To all,

Kixtarter has been updated to 1.86. Unless any major bugs are found there woun't be another update for a while. I'm attempting to re-write the app in VB.NET, which is going horribly slow as most of the code did not properly upgrade. Look on the website for beta version of the .net in the next couple months.

Allan.

#114982 - 2004-07-13 07:44 AM Re: Kixtarter - KiXtart Script Editor
MightyR1 Offline
MM club member

Loc: The Netherlands
Allen,

my corp still doesn't allow the updater. Could you give us the direct links to the chm and the exe???

TIA

- We'll either find a way or make one...
- Knowledge is power; knowing how to find it is more powerful...
- Problems don't exist; they are challenges...

#114983 - 2004-07-13 03:15 PM Re: Kixtarter - KiXtart Script Editor
ADynes Offline
Starting to like KiXtart

Sure:

EXE:
http://www.gardinertrane.com/kixtarter/updates/kixtarter.exe

CHM (Help File)
http://www.gardinertrane.com/kixtarter/updates/kixtarter.chm

Download and place both into your Kixtarter directory (by default c:\Program Files\Kixtarter). I'll put a link on the web page in the near future also.

Allan.

#114984 - 2004-07-14 09:20 AM Re: Kixtarter - KiXtart Script Editor
MightyR1 Offline
MM club member

Thanks

#114985 - 2004-07-30 07:15 PM Re: Kixtarter - KiXtart Script Editor
ADynes Offline
Starting to like KiXtart

Kixtarter has been updated to version 1.87. I made a fix for international users that use a character other then a decimal point for the decimal place (like a comma) and also to allow the cancelling of exiting when you haven't saved a file along with a couple other minor fixes. The website has been modified to include links to download the updates directly instead of using the updater in case your company dosn't allow it access outside your system.

Allan.

#114986 - 2004-08-11 08:27 PM Re: Kixtarter - KiXtart Script Editor
ADynes Offline
Starting to like KiXtart

Kixtarter has been updated to version 1.88. Changes were made in how the software operates to better prepare it for an upgrade to VB.net. One side effect turned out to be the software seems to run faster, coloring code, opening/closing files, etc. Website has been updated also with the direct links.

Allan.

#114987 - 2004-08-13 11:53 PM Re: Kixtarter - KiXtart Script Editor
MightyR1 Offline
MM club member

Allan,

I've got me some troubles using 1.88.

On a new system (XP-US SP1) I've installed the 1.85 MSI, works OK.
The updater gives me the following error:
Run-time error '339': Component 'MSINET.OCX' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid
Then after manually updating an starting kixtarter, I first get the msgbox telling me I'm running 1.88. Then I get:
Run-time error '13': Type mismatch

Finally I've got on RFC. I saw that if you drag/drop some selected text (some code from the BB) to kixtarter, the font isn't always the selected font within kixtarter. Could the manual recolor command be extended by changing the font to the selected font??

#114988 - 2004-08-16 02:07 PM Re: Kixtarter - KiXtart Script Editor
ADynes Offline
Starting to like KiXtart

I've gotten a couple people with the "Type 13" error but I'm having trouble tracking it down. Also I "should" be able to change the font to whatever is already in the text box, I wouldn't have it done in the manual recolor but in the drop or paste command. I'll take a look at it sometime today.

Allan.

#114989 - 2004-08-16 07:24 PM Re: Kixtarter - KiXtart Script Editor
ADynes Offline
Starting to like KiXtart

Version 1.89 is up which should fix the error or Type Mismatch 13 message. It looks as though it was being caused by a missing registry setting. If you install 1.85 then go into settings and click save then update it would be o.k. But if you did a reset to defaults or installed and updated before changing the settings it would cause this error. Also the drag and drop is kinda fixed (see relese notes) and it will reapply the font on a recolor as requested.

Allan.

#114990 - 2004-08-16 07:40 PM Re: Kixtarter - KiXtart Script Editor
Bryce Offline
KiX Supporter

Loc: Houston TX
Allan i love kixtarter!

just a few little things...

doing a File|save then a file|exit you still get prompted to save the file....

When you press ctrl+g you need to set the focus to the textbox.

#114991 - 2004-08-16 07:53 PM Re: Kixtarter - KiXtart Script Editor
Les Offline
KiX Master

Loc: fortfrances.on.ca
What about the Run-time error '339'?

#114992 - 2004-08-17 08:30 AM Re: Kixtarter - KiXtart Script Editor
MightyR1 Offline
MM club member

Quote:

Allan i love kixtarter!

I fully agree with that.
Allan T H A N K S !!!

#114993 - 2004-08-18 09:58 PM Re: Kixtarter - KiXtart Script Editor
ADynes Offline
Starting to like KiXtart

Quote:

What about the Run-time error '339'?

The only thing that I can see causing this is a currupt or outdated MSINet.ocx control. This is the Microsoft internet control used by the updater to download stuff, which Kixtarter.exe looks for to make sure its there. If your getting this error try doing a uninstall, rename that file from your Windows\System directory (if its still there) to something like msinet.old, and reinstall. It should put another copy in your system directory. If it still happens and the file is there let me know and I'll post the msinet.ocx on the site and you can try putting it right into Kixtarters directory.

Quote:

doing a File|save then a file|exit you still get prompted to save the file....
When you press ctrl+g you need to set the focus to the textbox.

Hrmmm....I can't reproduce either of those with version 1.89. Look at the caption when you do your file save. The little astricks (sp..*) will be at the end if the file changed and go away after a save. Let me know if its there or not after you save the file and when you exit. That will give me some idea where its happening. Also on the focus part...on a go to label it should highlight the label. On a go to line it should put the cursor at the begining of the line. If not let me know.

Quote:

Allan i love kixtarter!

Its not perfect but then again it is a work in progress. Thanks to everyone for the feedback, hopefully one of these days it will be pretty much perfect and I can die a happy person.

Allan.

#114994 - 2004-08-18 10:57 PM Re: Kixtarter - KiXtart Script Editor
Bryce Offline
KiX Supporter

Loc: Houston TX
Quote:

Hrmmm....I can't reproduce either of those with version 1.89. Look at the caption when you do your file save. The little astricks (sp..*) will be at the end if the file changed and go away after a save. Let me know if its there or not after you save the file and when you exit. That will give me some idea where its happening. Also on the focus part...on a go to label it should highlight the label. On a go to line it should put the cursor at the begining of the line. If not let me know.

ok i found the problem for the file save flag.

when doing a file|save using the mouse, looks like your saved flag is reset and the * is remmoved.
when doing a file|save using KB shortcuts alt+f then s, the * never goes away.

when i press ctrl+g to jump to a line, the goto window pops up. but the radio button for "Line" has focus. I need to press TAB once before i can enter my line number that i want to goto. Seems like a small thing i know, but i used this feature like crazy in notepad

Also the ctrl+f for find, took me a bit to realise that when pressing enter, it was just going to the next line in the find text box. I was expecting my press of enter to find the typed text.

yes... i use a lot fo kb shortcuts

#114995 - 2004-08-24 06:17 PM Re: Kixtarter - KiXtart Script Editor
ADynes Offline
Starting to like KiXtart

Everyone,

I believe I fixed that issue with it thinking the file has changed. Also as for other peopls comments I have made a bunch of changes with the new VB.Net version. I should be done in a few weeks. A couple things that will be different:

Dropping windows 95 support. Windows 98 or higher will be required because the program will need the Microsoft Dot Net 1.1 package (available form Microsoft or the WindowsUpdate.mcirosoft.com site).

Undo and Redo is built on windows standards, along with cut,copy, paste, delete. This means you can copy and paste between any windows based program and there should be no problems. Also this allowed me to use the Windows Undo Redo buffers. The undo/redo should work just like Word/Excel/etc.

Drag and drop will allow you to drop text from any other program into Kixtarter whereever you want and will auto color and format it to the same font type and size.

Theres a couple other things but thats the gist. I'll let everyone know when its ready.

Allan.

#114996 - 2004-08-25 03:39 PM Re: Kixtarter - KiXtart Script Editor
ADynes Offline
Starting to like KiXtart

On a similiar note would anyone like to beta test a version I should have done sometime tomorrow or Friday? If so please email me...

Allan.

#114997 - 2004-08-31 03:24 PM Re: Kixtarter - KiXtart Script Editor
ADynes Offline
Starting to like KiXtart

To those that emailed about the beta test:

I'm having some problems with the new version so the test is at least 1 week if not two weeks out. All the things I hoped to improve run slower then before, oh and it hard crashes randomly. On the plus side the coloring routine is being rewritten to the point where manual recoloring should never be needed.

On a side note would people like the idea of having quoted strings colorized also? like:

If $MyString = "Colored String"

I'm debating putting this in, along with italicising comments. What do you guys think?

Allan.

#114998 - 2004-09-01 01:37 PM Re: Kixtarter - KiXtart Script Editor
Richard H. Administrator Offline
Administrator

Loc: Leatherhead, Surrey, UK
Using VIM syntax highlighting I rely on having strings coloured - it is the easiest way to spot unterminated strings while you are typing.

Saves me a lot of aggro as I'm constantly mixing single and double quotes. It's especially usefull when creating multi-line strings with embedded single or double quotes.

Don't forget to re-colour embedded variables and macros though

#114999 - 2004-09-01 02:15 PM Re: Kixtarter - KiXtart Script Editor
Kdyer Offline
KiX Supporter

Loc: Tigard, OR
I agree with Richard..

In my EditPad syntax for the brackets, we have for KiXtart -
Quote:

(
)
TRUE
[
]
TRUE
{
}
TRUE
"
"
TRUE
'
'
TRUE
%
%

The thing that is cool about this is that it is easy to point out missing quotes for example.

Thanks!

Kent

Page 4 of 15 « First<23456>Last »

Moderator:  Jochen, Allen, Radimus, Glenn Barnas, ShaneEP, Ruud van Velsen, Arend_, Mart 
Hop to:
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered and 339 anonymous users online.
Newest Members
gespanntleuchten, DaveatAdvanced, Paulo_Alves, UsTaaa, xxJJxx
17864 Registered Users

Generated in 0.222 seconds in which 0.139 seconds were spent on a total of 12 queries. Zlib compression enabled.

Search the board with:
superb Board Search
or try with google:
Google
Web kixtart.org