Page 7 of 15 « First<56789>Last »
Topic Options
#115040 - 2005-03-31 09:02 PM Re: Kixtarter - KiXtart Script Editor
ADynes Offline
Starting to like KiXtart

Loc: Ohio
Bryce/Mart,

I only went over my bandwidth limits once and my host let me slide as I've hosted with them for 6 some years now. I don't see traffic picking up too much and even if it does it wount cost a lot...thanks for the offer though.

Kent,

The program "should" try to save as the last extension you saved or opened. So if the last file you opened was a .kix and you do a new script it should try and add a .kix to the end. I just tried opening a text file (.txt) and closed Kixtarter. When I went in a second time I did a new script, then Save and it added .txt to the end. I know if you start the new script wzard and put the extension in the script name (like "my test.kix") it will see that and use that when saving. Double check yours and if it isn't doing this let me know. The file close when doing a new and cancelling is normal although I'll change it if I can figure a good way to do so.

Allan.

Edited by APDynes (2005-03-31 09:55 PM)

#115041 - 2005-03-31 10:41 PM Re: Kixtarter - KiXtart Script Editor
Mart Moderator Offline
KiX Supporter

Loc: The Netherlands
Allen,

You're welcome.
If the need for a mirror comes up in the future just drop me a message and I'll see what I can do.
Keep up the good work on the editor.

- Chuck Norris once sold ebay to ebay on ebay.

#115042 - 2005-05-04 07:55 PM Re: Kixtarter - KiXtart Script Editor
ADynes Offline
Starting to like KiXtart

Posted a small update to 2.18. Added the .kx extension and made it the default on file saves. Also hopefully took care of Kent's concern with the closing and canceling a file open. As always if you have any problems lemme know. Thanks!

-Allan.

#115043 - 2005-05-04 08:17 PM Re: Kixtarter - KiXtart Script Editor
Les Offline
KiX Master

Loc: fortfrances.on.ca
but .KX denotes a tokenized, obfuscated file. I don't believe your editor would tokenize and obfuscate the file so why would you use that extension?

#115044 - 2005-05-05 04:27 PM Re: Kixtarter - KiXtart Script Editor
ADynes Offline
Starting to like KiXtart

Sorry...I'm a moron. I'm working on too many VB programs at once, part of Kixtarter ended up in my resource scheduling program a couple days ago (damn that windows clipboard!). I was thinking of .kxf when I did the above....which will be fixed in the next day or two....

-Allan.

#115045 - 2005-06-10 05:34 AM Re: Kixtarter - KiXtart Script Editor
Allen Administrator Online   shocked
KiX Supporter

Loc: USA
Hey Allan... I may have found an bug or two...I noticed this in both 2.18 and 2.19.

Within Kixtarter the below works as expected...
1. Highlight/Select a group of lines
2. Edit/Copy
3. Highlight/Select a group of different lines
4. Edit/Paste
5. Edit/Undo

Redo, changing step 1 to copy a selection of text from another program. In step 5 you should notice it does not undo the paste. (While writing this, all of a sudden I could not reproduce this behavior, but as soon as I restarted Kixtarter, it started doing it again)

The other error I have more trouble reproducing, and as a matter of fact only found by accident(I didn't mean to do it). If I highlight a group of text and then click on it again, it changes the pointer to an arrow with a "+" under it. Moving this around or possibly off the screen will sometimes cause the editor to crash. If its of any use, here is the dump from the crash...

Quote:

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.ArgumentException: '-1' is not a valid value for 'value'.
at System.Windows.Forms.TextBoxBase.set_SelectionStart(Int32 value)
at Kixtarter.ColorRichTextBox.clsColorRichTextBox.m_rtbControl_TextChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.EventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnTextChanged(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.RichTextBox.OnTextChanged(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.TextBoxBase.WmReflectCommand(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.TextBoxBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.RichTextBox.WmReflectCommand(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.RichTextBox.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 1.0.5000.0
Win32 Version: 1.1.4322.2032
CodeBase: file:///c:/windows/microsoft.net/framework/v1.1.4322/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
Kixtarter
Assembly Version: 2.18.1936.22872
Win32 Version: 2.18.1936.22872
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/Kixtarter/Kixtarter.exe
System.Windows.Forms
CodeBase: file:///c:/windows/assembly/gac/system.windows.forms/1.0.5000.0__b77a5c561934e089/system.windows.forms.dll
System
CodeBase: file:///c:/windows/assembly/gac/system/1.0.5000.0__b77a5c561934e089/system.dll
Microsoft.VisualBasic
Assembly Version: 7.0.5000.0
Win32 Version: 7.10.6001.4
CodeBase: file:///c:/windows/assembly/gac/microsoft.visualbasic/7.0.5000.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/microsoft.visualbasic.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///c:/windows/assembly/gac/system.drawing/1.0.5000.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/system.drawing.dll
Microsoft.VisualBasic.Compatibility
Assembly Version: 7.0.5000.0
Win32 Version: 7.10.3077
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/Kixtarter/Microsoft.VisualBasic.Compatibility.DLL

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just in time (JIT) debugging, the config file for this
application or machine (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the machine
rather than being handled by this dialog.

#115046 - 2005-06-10 06:54 AM Re: Kixtarter - KiXtart Script Editor
Kdyer Offline
KiX Supporter

Loc: Tigard, OR
As he does not check this site often, I would go to his site and submit the comment form there. He is pretty good about getting back with you too.

Kent

#115047 - 2005-06-10 02:57 PM Re: Kixtarter - KiXtart Script Editor
ADynes Offline
Starting to like KiXtart

Quote:

Hey Allan... I may have found an bug or two...I noticed this in both 2.18 and 2.19.

Within Kixtarter the below works as expected...
1. Highlight/Select a group of lines
2. Edit/Copy
3. Highlight/Select a group of different lines
4. Edit/Paste
5. Edit/Undo

Redo, changing step 1 to copy a selection of text from another program. In step 5 you should notice it does not undo the paste. (While writing this, all of a sudden I could not reproduce this behavior, but as soon as I restarted Kixtarter, it started doing it again)

The other error I have more trouble reproducing, and as a matter of fact only found by accident(I didn't mean to do it). If I highlight a group of text and then click on it again, it changes the pointer to an arrow with a "+" under it. Moving this around or possibly off the screen will sometimes cause the editor to crash. If its of any use, here is the dump from the crash...

Quote:

(bunch of cryptic debug info clipped)

Allen,

Well I couldn't reproduce your first problem everything seemed to copy/paste/redo/undo just fine. I'll keep playing though.

For the second problem I did get a crash doing some drags and drops. The little plus sign under the text is normal, its telling you that by draging your selection and dropping it will do a copy. I should pop up a menu that lets you select copy or move but when I wrote this I wasn't that good with invoking popup menus after an event. I've gotten better so maybe I'll add that. The drag and drop though does seem a bit buggy. I'll take a look when I get a chance.....look for a 2.20 in the next couple weeks.

Quote:

As he does not check this site often, I would go to his site and submit the comment form there. He is pretty good about getting back with you too.

Kent

Yeah, usually once a week or two. I have too many other VB programs I'm working on, but on the plus side I keep learning new tricks. Always remember in Kixtarter "Help" -> "Submit Bug or Feedback..." and just fill in the form and as much info as you can (Kixtarter version, OS version, Basic PC specs, what you were doing, is it repeatable, etc). If its in my email I can file it easier and keep track of it and when its fixed. When its posted here I'm not as good at keeping track of things.

Allan.

#115048 - 2005-06-27 10:29 PM Re: Kixtarter - KiXtart Script Editor
ADynes Offline
Starting to like KiXtart

(Quotes from Lonkero in thread 141643)
Quote:

was gonna report my observation on the kixtarter homepage but the form does not work.

Its fixed now.

Quote:

bug:
- kixtarter installed shortcut on desktop without my permission
suggestion:

Some say bug. I say feature. I haven't figured out the little check box during install thing to allow the option for the desktop icon. Eventually I'll figure it out.

Quote:

- export/save to html (no, not xml, just plain html)

I debated this for a while, and having a UBB code export too, but your the first person to ask for it. The export to RTF works good, and you can always open that up in Word and save it as HTML. The text box used by the program is a RichTextEdit box so it can export RTF in one line of code while HTML wouldn't be nearly as simple. If there becomes more of a demand for this I'll figure out how to add it.

-Allan.

#115049 - 2005-06-27 11:12 PM Re: Kixtarter - KiXtart Script Editor
Lonkero Administrator Offline
KiX Master Guru

Loc: OK
the problem with word is that a simple 2k script comes to 40k in it when translated to html.
when you do it properly with kixtarter, it would be much less.
around 10k I would quess.

download KiXnet

#115050 - 2005-06-28 12:53 AM Re: Kixtarter - KiXtart Script Editor
KiX Master Guru

oh, and when you get to fixing my issue with the desktop shortcut, filetype assocation tab would be cool too.

download KiXnet

#115051 - 2005-06-28 06:36 PM Re: Kixtarter - KiXtart Script Editor
ADynes Offline
Starting to like KiXtart

Quote:

filetype assocation tab would be cool too.

You mean do it during installation in addition to the settings screen?

#115052 - 2005-06-28 06:47 PM Re: Kixtarter - KiXtart Script Editor
KiX Master Guru

ja, during installation ask should the assoc be done...
just like when you select for program components, similar select for file assocs and shortcuts.
then, all these settings can be on one page...

and if it can be (dunno what msi packager you've got) three state selection for the assocs would be cool.
0 - do not install
1 - do install the file assoc
2 - force install even if there are old assocs

and obviously, if someone wants to remove kixtarter, the previous assoc must come back, right?

download KiXnet

#115053 - 2005-06-28 07:57 PM Re: Kixtarter - KiXtart Script Editor
ADynes Offline
Starting to like KiXtart

Quote:

ja, during installation ask should the assoc be done...
just like when you select for program components, similar select for file assocs and shortcuts.
then, all these settings can be on one page...

and if it can be (dunno what msi packager you've got) three state selection for the assocs would be cool.
0 - do not install
1 - do install the file assoc
2 - force install even if there are old assocs

and obviously, if someone wants to remove kixtarter, the previous assoc must come back, right?

It would add itself in as the default association so when its removed it would go back to whatever held it last, if anything. So like when you associate with .scr it just add's " Edit with Kixtarter" to the list as the default action and when you remove the asc it goes back to "Test", which is the Windows default.

I don't think I can do multiple states with the default packaging wizard in VB.Net but I should be able to associate or not. I'll look into it.

#115054 - 2005-06-28 08:29 PM Re: Kixtarter - KiXtart Script Editor
KiX Master Guru

k, the problem with the assoc is do you change the default assoc if there is one.
I say no.
but, you should add, if assoc is selected, a access group called KiXtarter and under it: Edit, Run, Tokenize and so on, what ever assoc you have.
or if you only do the edit assoc, then "edit with kixtarter" should always be added and if set to default depends if there is default...

download KiXnet

#115055 - 2005-07-08 08:40 PM Re: Kixtarter - KiXtart Script Editor
ADynes Offline
Starting to like KiXtart

The beta for the eventual v3.0 is currently up for download/updating. Its as stable if not more stable then the last 2.19 release but its undergone major programming changes so I'm releasing it as a beta for people to test. Some of the changes:

• All programming is now VB.Net native. Old VB6 compatibility code has been removed.
  • Program now takes advantage of XP visual styles when run on XP.
  • Programming changes for KiXtart 4.50 added including menu option to tokenize the current script. (only thing left to add is block comments which I'm trying to figure out...)
  • Color coding is now about 15% faster on average then the 2.19 build, program execution in general is faster because of the native .net code.
  • The help file has been updated with changes and a full copy of the KiXtart 4.50 manual has been compiled and included within the help file (Thanks to Rudd for permission to do so).

Please let me know of any issues and submit any problems using the Help -> Submit Bug or Feedback menu option within the software.

-Allan

#115056 - 2005-07-08 09:01 PM Re: Kixtarter - KiXtart Script Editor
Bryce Offline
KiX Supporter

Loc: Houston TX
Allan,

i once tried posting this as a suggestion, but suggestion was broken at the time

anyways, i was thinking an option to turn off/on the Debug window on the bottom half of the screen would be nice.

Bryce

#115057 - 2005-07-08 10:35 PM Re: Kixtarter - KiXtart Script Editor
ADynes Offline
Starting to like KiXtart

Quote:

an option to turn off/on the Debug window on the bottom half of the screen would be nice.

That I think I can do pretty easily.

-Allan.

#115058 - 2005-07-08 10:45 PM Re: Kixtarter - KiXtart Script Editor
Shawn Administrator Offline
Administrator

Hey Allan, I'm just curious - what prompted you to write Kixtarter. Do you have a long history with Kixtart and just wanted to "give something back" to the community, or were you just bored one day and looking for a challenge - what motivated you (and still does) ?

-Shawn

btw - I'm not "going anywhere" with this question ... just wondered.

#115059 - 2005-07-08 11:06 PM Re: Kixtarter - KiXtart Script Editor
ADynes Offline
Starting to like KiXtart

Quote:

Hey Allan, I'm just curious - what prompted you to write Kixtarter. Do you have a long history with Kixtart and just wanted to "give something back" to the community, or were you just bored one day and looking for a challenge - what motivated you (and still does) ?

-Shawn

btw - I'm not "going anywhere" with this question ... just wondered.

I think it started with a basic text editor I wrote for the "fun" of it. It was like notepad but worse. Then I was editing KiXtart scripts one day and doing some VB6 programming at the same time and said "hey...I should write a editor for this". When I started I wasnt very good at KiXtart at all (still not really). So the first reason I wrote it was to learn all the commands and make it easier for a new person to write scripts. The insert wizards came out my own lazyness of looking up commands in the manual...especailly that darn messagebox coding. Now I've been converting our VB6 and MS Access apps over to VB.Net at work and I kinda use Kixtarter as a learning tool....see what works and what doesn't. I've used parts of this program in a couple others and vice versa since writing it....the time I've spent on it probably equals the time I've saved on other projects (o.k....probably not but its how I justify it). Its kinda challenging and in a twisted computer dork way kinda fun. Especially when you finish a bunch of changes (like this last beta) and you look it over and say "Wow...thats not half bad".

My only complaint is I never know how many people out there are using it. When it was postcardward (the first 1.5 years of its life) I got no postcards. Since its been donationware (last 4 or 5 months?) I've gotten no donations, not really surprising considering I didn't get a single postcard. I had 200 downloads of the .msi install file off the server last month alone, month before was about the same, so I know people are downloading it. I'm debating making people register v3.0 when I release it just so I know whos using it and from where. IIt wold be free to use as it has been but I just really want to know. Haven't decided yet though.

I think I'm rambling, hope that answers your question.

-Allan

Page 7 of 15 « First<56789>Last »

Moderator:  Jochen, Allen, Radimus, Glenn Barnas, ShaneEP, Ruud van Velsen, Arend_, Mart 
Hop to:
Shout Box

Who's Online
1 registered (Allen) and 466 anonymous users online.
Newest Members
gespanntleuchten, DaveatAdvanced, Paulo_Alves, UsTaaa, xxJJxx
17864 Registered Users

Generated in 0.128 seconds in which 0.05 seconds were spent on a total of 12 queries. Zlib compression enabled.

Search the board with:
superb Board Search
or try with google:
Google
Web kixtart.org