Page 1 of 15 12345>Last »
Topic Options
#114920 - 2004-02-27 08:11 PM Kixtarter - KiXtart Script Editor
ADynes Offline
Starting to like KiXtart

Loc: Ohio
-- TO EVERYONE:
My web host has changed which will make the old version (4.03 or lower) unable to auto update. I have released a new version to update the company/copyright information and remove the updater. Also while I was in the software I made a couple small tweaks resulting in a 10 - 40% increase in coloring speed and a HUGE increase in performance when line numbering is turned on. Please UNINSTALL your current version then download and install the new version. If you have issues with it the old install file for 4.03 will remain on the website.

------------------------------------------

Hello everyone,

Kixtarter is a full featured text editor for KiXtart login scripts. It is written in Visual Basic .Net (2010) and the newest version, 4.12, is now available along with its source code. The coloring routine has been improved and runs faster, the interface has gotten a much needed facelift, and usability overall has been improved. The program is released as donationware and is free for business or personal use. Some of the features within this version are:
  • Color highlighting of KiXtart script keywords (commands, functions, variables, macros, comments, and strings) with the ability to change the highlight color.
  • Easily insert all commands, functions, and macros with sample syntax filled in plus the ability to select parts of other files for insertion.
  • Gives you the ability to debug script files to a linked console window instead of logging out and back in each time or running the command from a command prompt. Script files don't even need to be saved as the program can use temporary copies for KiXtart execution.
  • Supports most text editing features such as cut, copy, paste, undo, redo, save, save as, and printing.
  • Ability to switch compatibility between version 3.63, version 4.23, and version 4.66 for syntax coloring to the version of KiXtart you are using.
  • Multiline Find and Replace to quickly make changes to your scripts.
  • Go To dialog to locate labels in your script or jump to a certain line number.
  • Built in wizards to insert message boxes, drive mappings, and registry access commands, and more.
  • Auto-Indent feature allows you to indent automatically if the last line was indented or if nested keywords are found (IF, Select, etc.).
  • Complete help system describing most of the features and options in the software.
  • Pre-Tokenization menu option to quickly convert your scripts using KiXtart so you don't have to do it from the command line.

This version will run on Windows XP and higher with the Microsoft Dot Net 4.0 installed, which is available for free from Microsoft.

The program is currently being hosted on my personal blog site http://www.allandynes.com/. If anyone has any comments or suggestions please let me know. Thanks!

-Allan

Edited by ADynes (2015-08-31 03:35 PM)

#114921 - 2004-02-27 09:59 PM Re: Kixtarter - KiXtart Script Editor
Bryce Offline
KiX Supporter

Loc: Houston TX
I have been using this for a few weeks now.... very nice!

#114922 - 2004-02-29 04:08 PM Re: Kixtarter - KiXtart Script Editor
MightyR1 Offline
MM club member

Loc: The Netherlands
And here's another happy KiXtarter user!!

- We'll either find a way or make one...
- Knowledge is power; knowing how to find it is more powerful...
- Problems don't exist; they are challenges...

#114923 - 2004-03-01 12:52 AM Re: Kixtarter - KiXtart Script Editor
Atoyot Offline
Fresh Scripter

Loc: Houston, Texas
I started using KiXtarter and I like except I seem to have problems using the cut and past hot keys with it such as CTRL-X , CTRL-C, and CTRL-V. Some of my stuff I open in notepad and for some reason when I do a CTRL-C and then try to CTRL-V into KiXtarter it is no worky. Am I crazy , or does this not work?

Atoyot

#114924 - 2004-03-02 07:50 PM Re: Kixtarter - KiXtart Script Editor
ADynes Offline
Starting to like KiXtart

It "should" work. My CTRL+C and CTRL+V should be the standard windows copy and paste. The only thing I can think of is I use a copy and paste behind the scenes for all the inserts so there properly colored. Could you be doing a copy, maybe inserting something using the insert menu, then trying to paste? If so when the insert is done I clear out the clipboard so the stuff inserted isn't still in memory. I just copied and pasted the contents of this post into Kixtarter and that worked o.k. I could try doing what things like Office do and putting my program copy/pastes into another part of the clip board (like Word having multiple copy/pastes). I'll keep that in mind to make sure I don't wipe out things between people. Maybe even have one of those nifty multiple copy/paste options. Don't know if anyone would actually use it though.

Allan.

#114925 - 2004-03-03 10:58 PM Re: Kixtarter - KiXtart Script Editor
ADynes Offline
Starting to like KiXtart

Kixtarter 1.53 has been released. Couple things that have changed:

• Fixed a bug where creating a new file but skipping the new script wizard through the settings box would result in a locked textbox.
  • Change way file associations are made. Kixtarter no longer controls the file association but adds itself to associations along with other programs. Also you can associate and unassociate freely.
  • Change the insert menu to no longer use the system clipboard. Should be able to copy and paste between programs to your hearts content.
  • Using the "Restore to Defaults" removes all program settings including associations.

Please use the update program included with 1.50 to download this update. You can get to it by running the KixtarterUpdater.exe from the Kixtarter directory or going to "Help" -> "Check for Update" in Kixtarter. Also please let me know if anyone has any problems with the updater...its the first time I made one. Thanks!

Allan.

#114926 - 2004-03-04 10:14 PM Re: Kixtarter - KiXtart Script Editor
Kdyer Offline
KiX Supporter

Loc: Tigard, OR
Allan,

Have been playing around with this. I like the Interface and the debugging/analysis pieces.

Question/idea:
(1) Do you plan to add in a Find/Replace Feature?
(2) In the Analysis portion, have you thought about adding a check for unreferenced variables for Functions? It maybe a bit tricky to implement, but is just an idea.

Thanks,

Kent

#114927 - 2004-03-05 12:35 AM Re: Kixtarter - KiXtart Script Editor
ADynes Offline
Starting to like KiXtart

Kent,

The find and replace is proving to be difficult for me. I don't know why, it should be fairly simple compared to some of the other stuff but the logic is escaping me. But yeah it will be added, look for that around 1.60.

About unrefrenced variables...that would most likely be a pain. Although with what I've learned doing the GoTo label section (Edit -> Go To) I think I can do it but it would be slow. Plus I would most likely have to do a unrefrenced variables for the whole script, not just functions, as it would be near impossible to search out only variables for functions. Before I do something like this I was hoping to code a syntax checker, comparing each function against the KiXtart refrence guide to make sure there properly formated. I think this would be a good addition, but then again you can always run a script in debug mode to figure syntax out. I keep thinking about it though...maybe someday I'll add in more syntax checking.

Allan

#114928 - 2004-03-05 07:22 AM Re: Kixtarter - KiXtart Script Editor
Kdyer Offline
KiX Supporter

The best Find/Replace engine I have seen is included in EditPad/EditPad Pro. Most Find/Replace functgionality only does words and phrases, but the EditPad version handles Carriage Returns/Line Feeds quite well.

Thanks,

Kent

#114929 - 2004-03-05 06:45 PM Re: Kixtarter - KiXtart Script Editor
Bryce Offline
KiX Supporter

I sent an email too...

this line will throw an error

dim $array["$size"]

Quote:

Runtime error "380":
Invalid Property Value

#114930 - 2004-03-05 09:46 PM Re: Kixtarter - KiXtart Script Editor
ADynes Offline
Starting to like KiXtart

Hey guys,

Had more extra time then I thought I would today. Version 1.58 is now online. The above error (380) is now fixed. Also I added the replace logic to the find dialog. It ended up being a lot easier then I thought it would be, plus it allows multiple lines including carriage returns. Is this what you ment by multiple lines Kent?

A couple people emailed me about Kixtarter crashing when you do the "Check for Update". Another said his Kixtarter was currupt after the update. In all cases running the KixtarterUpdater.exe directly from wherever you installed Kixtarter to will let it update correctly. I have fixed this problem also in the newest version. Check the readme after you update (Help -> Display ReadMe) for a list of changes.

Thanks to everyone thats been emailing me. It's very helpful for me as my companies scripts are relatively simple so they don't test the boundries of my program as well as some of you out there.

Allan.

#114931 - 2004-03-05 10:59 PM Re: Kixtarter - KiXtart Script Editor
Bryce Offline
KiX Supporter

I did an upgrade and get this error when i opena script.

OpenFile Error Description: Invalid procedure call or argument

i press OK and it opens the script...

#114932 - 2004-03-05 11:56 PM Re: Kixtarter - KiXtart Script Editor
MightyR1 Offline
MM club member

Loc: The Netherlands
Just wanted to say thanks for developing this GREAT editor...

- We'll either find a way or make one...
- Knowledge is power; knowing how to find it is more powerful...
- Problems don't exist; they are challenges...

#114933 - 2004-03-06 08:07 AM Re: Kixtarter - KiXtart Script Editor
Kdyer Offline
KiX Supporter

Quote:

Just wanted to say thanks for developing this GREAT editor...

I agree! It looks great.

Kent

#114934 - 2004-03-08 01:12 PM Re: Kixtarter - KiXtart Script Editor
Chaguito Offline
Getting the hang of it

Where I work the updater seems to not connect and I have all the correct settings (probably a closed port on the firewall), can anyone email me the new version at chaguitonav@yahoo.com

Thanks!!!!

#114935 - 2004-03-08 02:55 PM Re: Kixtarter - KiXtart Script Editor
Lonkero Administrator Offline
KiX Master Guru

Loc: OK
well, looking at the authors post it seems totally correct.
the older version had problem with it.
just run the updater exe or download new version from the homepage.

download KiXnet

#114936 - 2004-03-08 02:58 PM Re: Kixtarter - KiXtart Script Editor
Kdyer Offline
KiX Supporter

Quote:

just run the updater exe or download new version from the homepage.

If you download the new version of the program, howerver. You should uninzstall any previous version of it (per the notes on the page). I forgot to read this as it left two versions in my add/remove...

Kent

#114937 - 2004-03-08 03:29 PM Re: Kixtarter - KiXtart Script Editor
ADynes Offline
Starting to like KiXtart

Chaguito - If your proxy requires a user name you may need to put your domain name in also. So if your user name is Chaguito and you log into the SuperDuper domain your user name in the box would be "SuperDuper\Chaguito" then your password if required. Also as Kdyer mentioned any version under 1.5x should be uninstall first. You can also download the 1.50 version, and when you run it select "Uninstall". It will remove most old versions and get it out of the Add/Remove programs. Then you can rerun it and install the new version.

Speaking of I found that little OpenFile Error #5 when you double click a file to open. It doesn't seem to affect opening a file using the File Open, nor does it actually affect anything programming wise. It will be fixed this afternoon.

Allan.

#114938 - 2004-03-09 01:03 PM Re: Kixtarter - KiXtart Script Editor
Chaguito Offline
Getting the hang of it

The domain\username and password was given to the updater but it came out with an error that I can only read <!DOCTYPE. If the program uses FTP then that is the problem because the FTP port here at work is closed. I will try this at home.

Anyways, thanks for the great software!!!!

Quote:

Chaguito - If your proxy requires a user name you may need to put your domain name in also. So if your user name is Chaguito and you log into the SuperDuper domain your user name in the box would be "SuperDuper\Chaguito" then your password if required.

#114939 - 2004-03-25 03:07 PM Re: Kixtarter - KiXtart Script Editor
Allen Administrator Online   shocked
KiX Supporter

Loc: USA
I've been playing with your editor some in the past week and think you have created a very nice editor. I've used 1.5 and just recently upgraded to 1.63, using the "Check for Update". (which by the way, worked flawlessly)

I may have found another issue with Cut and Paste. When I copy from Kixtarter with nothing previously on the clipboard, and paste to notepad, paste works fine. However, if I have previously copied something to the clipboard, then copy from Kixtarter, and then try to paste to notepad, it pastes the contents of what was previously on the clipboard.

Can someone verify this?

Page 1 of 15 12345>Last »

Moderator:  Jochen, Allen, Radimus, Glenn Barnas, ShaneEP, Ruud van Velsen, Arend_, Mart 
Hop to:
Shout Box

Who's Online
1 registered (Allen) and 466 anonymous users online.
Newest Members
gespanntleuchten, DaveatAdvanced, Paulo_Alves, UsTaaa, xxJJxx
17864 Registered Users

Generated in 0.083 seconds in which 0.028 seconds were spent on a total of 12 queries. Zlib compression enabled.

Search the board with:
superb Board Search
or try with google:
Google
Web kixtart.org