Page 2 of 15 <12345>Last »
Topic Options
#114940 - 2004-03-26 10:41 PM Re: Kixtarter - KiXtart Script Editor
ADynes Offline
Starting to like KiXtart

Loc: Ohio
Yup, I verified that as an error. It seems spotty too. Like if you use Word it doesn't seem to do it like with Notepad. I'll look into why, I'm using a standard copy to clipboard call for tyhe copy and a copy form clipboard for the paste so it "should" work with any windows app.

On another note the app has been updated to version 1.70. It will require a full download as the updater will not support the multiple files anymore. However those of you running 1.50 and higher can get the lat update of the older revisions, 1.69. Please either visit the website to get 1.70 or use the auto updater to get 1.69. As always please let me know of any bugs or suggestions either here, through email, or through the feedback form on the site. Thanks!

Allan.

#114941 - 2004-04-13 08:14 PM Re: Kixtarter - KiXtart Script Editor
ADynes Offline
Starting to like KiXtart

Kixtarter has been updated to 1.72. Added in a couple features that people have suggested and fix a couple small bugs. After updating please check the help file for a full list of changes. Thanks!

Allan.

#114942 - 2004-04-28 08:12 PM Re: Kixtarter - KiXtart Script Editor
ADynes Offline
Starting to like KiXtart

Hello everyone!

Kixtarter has been updated to version 1.80. There have been lots of changes, most have come from users. The main one is auto-indenting. Secondly is the debug can catch errors form KiXtart and find the error in the script. Also certian commands will give a verbose description of the error (try using a invalid color argument...). Lots of little changes have made the program color faster with less errors. And the biggest change, whcih had recieved the most initial complaints, is the ability to use TAB's and still ahve the coloring work. You can freely use tabs or spaces to indent, and the indent/outdent feature will use tabs for indenting and if it finds spaces will remove them on a outdent. I believe this now takes care of everyones suggestions/comments about the program. Thanks for everyones feedback!

Allan.

#114943 - 2004-04-29 12:34 AM Re: Kixtarter - KiXtart Script Editor
Lonkero Administrator Offline
KiX Master Guru

Loc: OK
damn!
sounds like I need to test-drive it again.
thanks for the news.

download KiXnet

#114944 - 2004-04-29 03:51 PM Re: Kixtarter - KiXtart Script Editor
ADynes Offline
Starting to like KiXtart

Lonkero,

Please do and let me know what you think. Personally I think its pretty much done, could use some little things like a custom Functions dictionary so it highlights functions that the user defines, maybe just list them in a file and on startup it can read the list. Also have a Insert -> User Defined Functions and have that same list populated. Not sure how much use it would get though. Anyone else that has feedback please let me know here or by email or through the website. Thanks!

Allan.

P.S. Theres a tiny bug in 1.80 that will be fixed soon, if your using 3.63 compatibility visit the website, it explains what it is and how to get around it until I release a update.

#114945 - 2004-04-29 05:31 PM Re: Kixtarter - KiXtart Script Editor
Radimus Moderator Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
here is an idea... I like keeping my common functions in a seperate lib for easy access as I code, but I do not like to CALL that lib from the script once I am dome with it. I prefer to copy in the functions once I have finished developing it.

SO how about parsing a given UDF file and adding those functions to the bottom of the script as they are used

#114946 - 2004-04-29 10:16 PM Re: Kixtarter - KiXtart Script Editor
ADynes Offline
Starting to like KiXtart

Like having a library.udf that has all your functions you use, and on startup the program looks through the file and picks up all the functions. It puts all the names under "Insert" -> User Defined Functions". Then when you want to use one you click where you want it and do a insert, the program will do a quick search through your script to see if the function is already in there and if not it will automatically insert the function from the text file at the bottom. That sound about right?

Allan.

#114947 - 2004-04-29 10:59 PM Re: Kixtarter - KiXtart Script Editor
ShaneEP Moderator Offline
MM club member

Loc: Tulsa, OK
I would think that would be very handy myself.
#114948 - 2004-04-30 04:57 AM Re: Kixtarter - KiXtart Script Editor

I would think more of something like, reading the UDF file and append the UDFs to your keyword/ macro list

Then when you save the file, it will append the 'used' udfs to the end of the file automatically.

If you use Kixforms designer, the app only modifies the code between the 2 custom tags that it inserts... make something like that where it inserts the used UDFS between custom tags that it inserts at the end of the script

; ************ [Library UDFs begin] ************
Function ...
EndFunction

Function ...
EndFunction
; ************ [Library UDFs end] ************

#114949 - 2004-04-30 07:26 AM Re: Kixtarter - KiXtart Script Editor
Kdyer Offline
KiX Supporter

Loc: Tigard, OR
I think Rad may have hit on something here.. Kind of like a a macro (you could customize it to your tastes).. Where it could build a function as he describes. Or, like he said a library of keywords, macros, routines, etc.

Kent

#114950 - 2004-04-30 08:44 AM Re: Kixtarter - KiXtart Script Editor
KiX Master Guru

well... you don't like call but...
what about the new include?
I certainly will think I will use that and then I would not like the editor to pull the udf in for me.

download KiXnet

#114951 - 2004-04-30 10:37 AM Re: Kixtarter - KiXtart Script Editor

the reason I don't like to call the library, is I have dozens of UDFs in there, stuff for KF apps, for DB access, stuff for INI, etc.

I wouldn't want to add all that extra stuff to the filesize and execution time of every script I write... especially as I am now distrubuting my tools/apps in iexpress packages.

#114952 - 2004-04-30 11:32 AM Re: Kixtarter - KiXtart Script Editor
KiX Master Guru

doh, I thought that was exactly what include was there for.
well, not sure where it will go, but if it becomes sensitive (leaves out unused UDFs) it is all needed.

download KiXnet

#114953 - 2004-04-30 12:20 PM Re: Kixtarter - KiXtart Script Editor
Richard H. Administrator Offline
Administrator

Loc: Leatherhead, Surrey, UK
"INCLUDE" == "CALL" for non-tokenised scripts.

For tokenised scripts INCLUDE will merge in the named file as in-line code during the tokenisation process.

I would have thought that the merge of UDFs is better done by an additional step when you create your package or "release" the script to your live environment.

Having the merge done by an additional step makes the process more manageable. When you update your library, just run "mergeudf *.kix" to update all your scripts with the new library.

#114954 - 2004-04-30 08:12 PM Re: Kixtarter - KiXtart Script Editor
ADynes Offline
Starting to like KiXtart

Err....so yes it would be a good thing?

Allan

#114955 - 2004-05-04 04:49 PM Re: Kixtarter - KiXtart Script Editor
ADynes Offline
Starting to like KiXtart

How about this: You can select any file for your source and it will populate the menu. So if you have a library file (for example library.udf) you can select that and it will search the file for all the functions and make them available in the menu structure. As you use one it auto adds the function to the bottom of your script so you don't have to. But then you want to grab some functions in another script that arn't in your library so you just select this other script and it does the same thing. Maybe down the line you could select a entire directory and it would search every script and pull all the functions for you. Hrmm......hows that sound?

Allan.

#114956 - 2004-05-04 04:54 PM Re: Kixtarter - KiXtart Script Editor

I dunno about an entire dir, but multiple files sounds convenient for the terminally tidy... those that keep file udfs in one lib and DB udfs in another lib, etc

#114957 - 2004-05-05 04:24 PM Re: Kixtarter - KiXtart Script Editor
ADynes Offline
Starting to like KiXtart

O.k. Kixtarter 1.83 is available for download through the update program. Added in the UDF insert part. IT the first time I've tried something like this, well...lots of things with this program were the first time, so let me know if it works as expected. I copied a couple UDF's form the UDF forum into a library.udf file and selected this as my source file. It went through the file and pulled the UDFs, alphabetized them, and added then to the Insert -> User Defined Functions menu. They seem to insert properly, let me know if they don't or if so if you can use this function. Thanks

Allan.

#114958 - 2004-05-07 08:48 AM Re: Kixtarter - KiXtart Script Editor
MightyR1 Offline
MM club member

Loc: The Netherlands
A.,

Could there be added a function to generate an HTML version of the script, including the colors etc. used?
This would make it easier to post code to the forum with a better layout than the code-tags.

Just like Postprep does?

- We'll either find a way or make one...
- Knowledge is power; knowing how to find it is more powerful...
- Problems don't exist; they are challenges...

#114959 - 2004-05-10 02:48 PM Re: Kixtarter - KiXtart Script Editor
ADynes Offline
Starting to like KiXtart

If the color codes that the rich text box uses will match HTML standards then yeah, it would be easy. If not I could do it but the coloring wouldn't follow what a user would select, which I guess wouldn't be that bad. What I mean is if you change the default comment color from green to purple, then export to HTML, the comments would still be green. I'll mark it down as a requested feature and see what I can do.

Allan.

Page 2 of 15 <12345>Last »

Moderator:  Jochen, Allen, Radimus, Glenn Barnas, ShaneEP, Ruud van Velsen, Arend_, Mart 
Hop to:
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered and 464 anonymous users online.
Newest Members
gespanntleuchten, DaveatAdvanced, Paulo_Alves, UsTaaa, xxJJxx
17864 Registered Users

Generated in 0.079 seconds in which 0.028 seconds were spent on a total of 13 queries. Zlib compression enabled.

Search the board with:
superb Board Search
or try with google:
Google
Web kixtart.org