(KiX Supporter)
2014-05-24 03:44 PM
Re: golf tournament....

I could use a day or two on the links!

AllenAdministrator
(KiX Supporter)
2014-05-24 04:01 PM

I have a few ideas, but none of them are finished, or for that matter even started. Lately my gf is eating all my spare time, and it makes it tough for me to do stuff like this. When the opportunity comes, I'll see if I can get one done.

Part of my frustration last time was so few people playing.

LonkeroAdministrator
(KiX Master Guru)
2014-05-24 05:50 PM

Allen, I hear you. I have no idea how to get the veterans back for a real fight and the pool of newcomers who would even try seems thin.

JochenAdministrator
(KiX Supporter)
2014-05-26 02:53 PM

well, I'd participate if I notice it in time

NTDOCAdministrator
(KiX Master)
2014-06-05 07:09 PM

Was away on vacation.... back now

I can never get them off the ground... Once I see the code it makes sense but just can't seem to start them on my own.

JochenAdministrator
(KiX Supporter)
2014-06-17 03:59 PM

Just finished revisiting some of the old courses .. Ah, the memories!
We should definetly have a new one set up soon \:\)

AllenAdministrator
(KiX Supporter)
2014-06-21 05:52 PM

I made some major progress this morning on the next round \:\)

Instead of playing "Win, Lose or Draw" we will be playing "Win, Win or Draw."

More news to come...

AllenAdministrator
(KiX Supporter)
2014-06-22 05:16 PM

I have the new course ready.

I want to make sure everyone who wants to play gets to see this message.

If you want to play please leave a message so I know when everyone is aware. I will announce a date sometime soon.

Viggen
(Starting to like KiXtart)
2014-06-22 05:25 PM

Bring it! ;-)

Glenn BarnasAdministrator
(KiX Supporter)
2014-06-22 10:07 PM

Fore!

JochenAdministrator
(KiX Supporter)
2014-06-23 10:25 AM

YAY! \:\)

ShaneEP
(MM club member)
2014-06-23 04:49 PM

I've never been very good at golfing code down, but I'll certainly participate!

DrillSergeant
(MM club member)
2014-06-24 12:55 PM

What's this I hear about a new round of golf? :-)

I've traded in my KiX-soul for PowerShell knowledge, but I'll try to find some time to spend with you guys on the green!

JochenAdministrator
(KiX Supporter)
2014-06-24 01:53 PM

welcome back Rogier,
hopefully the others make it too... Richard, Howard, Erik to name a few

AllenAdministrator
(KiX Supporter)
2014-06-24 02:06 PM

I don't know how to contact Richard, and I don't think he has visited the KORG in well over a year (sad). Eric says he's going try to make it too (via Facebook). Jooel is in. Howard also said he would give it shot. I have not heard back from Shawn.

Okay, so with that news, I will put the course up on Sunday 6/29. An official countdown clock, and details will come in the following days.

Howard Bullock
(KiX Supporter)
2014-06-24 02:11 PM

Argh!!!

I am driving from PA to TX June 28 and 29. I will have some time to devote to it on the 30th though.

AllenAdministrator
(KiX Supporter)
2014-06-24 02:12 PM

I make the challenge a week long Howard.... you will have plenty of time \:\)

(KiX Supporter)
2014-06-24 04:48 PM

Can I make a suggestion?

The golf tournaments can be intimidating for the duffers among us, and many who might like to learn feel they can't compete on the "pro circuit". Heck - even I feel like I need a handicap when playing with Jooel and his ilk.. (I've only made the top-5 ONCE!)

So - how about including "doubles" - open the private round to 2-person teams. The team would have to be one "Pro" and one "Amateur" level (or two, equally matched mid-level players), with offline (PM) collaboration. The teams would need to be reviewed approved by Allen (or the Tournament Master). It would be a great way to bring new golfers onto the course and show them the ropes.

What do you guys think? It might be last minute to accommodate a tournament starting this weekend, but it would be possible.

How many of you would be interested in team play?

Glenn

AllenAdministrator
(KiX Supporter)
2014-06-24 05:09 PM

How about this. If we can get at least 3 "Pro" players, and at least 3 "Friendly" players, I will post two different threads/leaderboards for the private rounds. This way there is two competitions going on, and the scores are not intermixed with each other. We can try to have two private rounds, BUT the problem is, it would be very easy to steal ideas from each other and may decrease the overall value of the private round. I'm not sure this would work out too well... so let me think about it a little.

I think I have a good idea of who falls where... so I will do my best to make sure no pros go looking for an easy win.

Would this be acceptable to everyone?

AllenAdministrator
(KiX Supporter)
2014-06-24 05:34 PM

And not that I am opposed to your doubles idea Glenn... I just know that based on previous kixgolf challenges, especially when I first started out, I was so far behind the other guys because I had not put in the time to really learn the tricks. Watching someone do it, and actually being the one to do it, is a completely different thing. With the team approach, I have a feeling the "amateurs" will be bored to tears shortly after the competition starts.

I could be wrong about this , so everyone please speak up.

(KiX Supporter)
2014-06-24 11:18 PM

I'm thinking that the Amateur would not count for scoring in the private round - it would be more of an opportunity to see how the game is played. If they chose to, they could play in the public round and might have the confidence to play in a future private round.

Glenn

BradV
(Seasoned Scripter)
2014-06-24 11:56 PM

I think learning in the public round is good enough. I'm leaving for the Caribbean on 4 July. So, until then I'll try my best. Of course, I'm only there for everyone to beat. \:\)

Richard H.Administrator
(KiX Supporter)
2014-06-25 11:27 AM

My niblick has suffered from the ravages of time and I've been barred from the veteran circuit for napping in the sand trap, but if I can get past the nurse I'll take a gander.

AllenAdministrator
(KiX Supporter)
2014-06-25 01:33 PM

Rich!... Awesome. \:\)

JochenAdministrator
(KiX Supporter)
2014-06-27 03:16 PM

Damn. Still Friday here \:\(