Howard Bullock
(KiX Supporter)
2013-11-24 05:50 PM
Hello again

I have been away from KiXtart for many years working on endpoint security. I recently changed companies and stepped into an Identity and Access Management role.

The current environment has 300+ batch and CMD file as logon scripts that merely map drives. Some are unique to individual accounts.

As part of our automation to provision accounts I need to establish a common script value to populate in all newly created accounts. So this one aspect of my project has lead me back to KiX. Looking over the board this weekend (when it started working!?) and dusting off my old KiXtart code felt great.

I am happy to see that many of those I know from years ago are still here.

AllenAdministrator
(KiX Supporter)
2013-11-24 06:50 PM
Re: Hello again

Well I've to told you before, you are missed here, so this is awesome news!

A lot of good functions and knowledge has been put up since you were a regular. Hopefully it will be of some use to you.

Howard Bullock
(KiX Supporter)
2013-11-24 07:59 PM

I have a great deal of reading to do in order to catch up. What are the hottest and neatest items to review first?

Arend_
(MM club member)
2013-11-24 08:52 PM

I guess in your case, my NTFSPerms UDF \:\)
Welcome back btw!

LonkeroAdministrator
(KiX Master Guru)
2013-11-24 09:30 PM

the ntfsperms is an awesome udf. but for some reason I've found it not working now and then and once again was forced to switch to a not so nice solution of shelling out to cacls.

Howard, it is extreme delight to see you back with us. Hope your stay is a long one.

Arend_
(MM club member)
2013-11-24 10:13 PM

Thanks Lonk, I've recently started working again, trying to iron out that inheritance bit.
But work pressed me into different directions at the minute.

Howard Bullock
(KiX Supporter)
2013-11-24 10:42 PM

Arend, your UDF looks interesting. Nice piece of COM work.

Arend_
(MM club member)
2013-11-24 11:51 PM

Thanks Howard \:\)

JochenAdministrator
(KiX Supporter)
2013-11-26 09:10 AM

wahey Howard, welcome back!

Björn
(Korg Regular)