Co
(MM club member)
2004-02-04 08:41 PM
Oops my boob..

Super Bowl Halftime 'Incident' Prompts FCC Investigation

What is going on out there?? Is this the first time there is a boob without censor on TV....

Chris S.
(MM club member)
2004-02-05 12:46 AM
Re: Oops my boob..

No, it probably isn't the first time, but the US has more Victorian standards in regards to broadcast television than most of Europe in general. Cable networks have freer rein.

LonkeroAdministrator
(KiX Master Guru)
2004-02-05 06:33 AM

hmm...
wonder, my sources say she was not really revealed but there was something covering titties...
if you take a close look that is

ShaneEP
(MM club member)
2004-02-05 07:18 AM

Justin Timberlake said it was a wardrobe malfunction...But Janet just happened to have a big star covering her nipple that night?

Co
(MM club member)
2004-02-05 08:58 AM

Ahaa, So the star is the Censor Well then there is no problem isn't it? I don't understand why people blowing this up What a waste of time and energy....

Radimus
(KiX Supporter)
2004-02-05 01:15 PM

there are lots of reasons why it is blowing up.... most of it is politics.

The FCC is the gov agency responsible for policing US radio and TV.
the head of the FCC is Colin Powell's Son.
The FCC was just recently called before Congress for not fining U2's Bono, for saying F___
the day before the FCC was to go to congress, they levied the 2nd largest fine in history against a radio DJ for some parody bits.
it is an election year, so everyone that want's to say there is something wrong/right with the gov't will use this as leverage.

most people couldn't care less about Janet's 40 year old boob... it isn't hard to find a lot better. Special Interests are just making a big deal about it.

Now there are some special interest groups offended by Kid Rock, that wore a US flag as a poncho during his entrance...

Everyone is just piling on, crying about how offended they are... strictly for political gain. the average citizen couldn't care less about the whole thing.

Radimus
(KiX Supporter)
2004-02-05 01:20 PM

http://bbspot.com/News/2004/02/janet_jackson.html

LonkeroAdministrator
(KiX Master Guru)
2004-02-05 01:38 PM

rad, how did you find this?
awesome!

Jose
(Seasoned Scripter)
2004-02-05 05:51 PM

Anything helps in trying to distract real incidents.

Sealeopard
(KiX Master)
2004-02-05 06:02 PM

Good that I'm still a little bit European, otherwise I would have been totally shocked, too, and the second New England Patrios Super Bowl win in three years would not have been as enjoyable.

However, I totally agree with the FCC that this type of scandalous display of flesh should be promptly investigated. This halftime show cost a couple of million dollars to produce and all they could come up with was a 40-year old rack? Where's the decency in this? Now, Britney Spears would have been another story as we already had her kiss Madonna. Maybe I should compain to my Congress representative?

Bryce
(KiX Supporter)
2004-02-05 06:20 PM

I am just glad i got my city back!

Houston (where this super bowl was held) was turning into a freaking madhouse!

Sealeopard
(KiX Master)
2004-02-05 06:41 PM

What shall I say? 1.5 million people invaded downtown Boston to see the Parade and the City was so nice as to not put up PorterPottys for security reasons as the crown might tip them over.

Co
(MM club member)
2004-02-05 10:40 PM

Well Jens you have said it before in the Mikerowesoft topic. The Netherlands is one of the most liberal countries in Europe. So the only reason this "incident" is news is because of the reactions in the US.

This doesn't mean that there aren't "incidents" like this in Holland... We aren't that holy

For example: Our crownprince is married with a woman from Argentina. Her father was a member of the fidela regime. He was a minister or second minister of agriculture. Left wing people in our country didn't want her father being part of the official wedding... and he wasn't there.. http://squat.net/beakomt/wedding.htm (A bit too extreme article, Not everybody was thinking about it this way..The relevant part is chapter: Some background to the wedding)
I'm not sure how people in Argentina tought about it. Maybe our Green Man can tell us more....

His brother wants to marry with a girl who was a girlfriend of a criminal.. There is nobody who is talking about the good things she did for the world..
http://www.rnw.nl/hotspots/html/roy031010.html

Jose
(Seasoned Scripter)
2004-02-05 11:43 PM

We felt it was a perfect desition Co, ppl here want nothing more than punishment for everything that has to do with the Videla and company regime that took down a democratic goverment in a violent way.

It was not enought for these murders to kill their own, they had to pick up a fight with the English when it could have been solved without violence, we didint know we where seen as Irak on 91, by that time propaganda confused everybody.

Part of that propaganda was also the 1978 football world cup wich was celebrated in Argentina, by that time The Netherlands was the best team on earth, they where called something like "mechanic orange" wich they lost the final with the local team.
One of the reasons why they lost was because Johan Cruijff decided not to play the cup becasue he knew all the killings that were going on in the country and understudd how this goverment was making it up so as to distract the horrible backround. You remember this Co?

I think we all have to learn not to be distracted with makeups, the more makeup there is, the more is happening behind.

Co
(MM club member)
2004-02-06 12:32 AM

Thanks for your reaction Jose... I appreciate that.
I know what was going on in your Country during the 70's. I was a child at the time but old enough to understand what was happening. It was every day on TV...

But my point of view is you can't blame a child the miss steps his/her parents made in the past. Just like i can't blame every German the terrible things that has happened in our country during WW2.

There is a movie about Johan Cruijff, Maybe you are interrested: un momento dado

Rocco Capra
(Hey THIS is FUN)
2004-02-06 04:40 PM

I think it is a big deal since lots of young children were watching the superbowl. I wouldn't want my kids to see that and be scared for life!

Bryce
(KiX Supporter)
2004-02-06 04:58 PM

Also...

a lot of the local schools here in Houston were invited on to the field during the halftime show....

just glad the super bowl is over now and Houston can return to normal!

Bryce

Co
(MM club member)
2004-02-06 08:21 PM

MMM, Well I'm a father... When we go to the beach My wife and I don't held our hands for our daughter's eyes while women are walking around topless or in mini bikini's... So why should she be scared for life when she sees Janets boob with a star on it??

For those who blow this up: Don't go to Rio... in a view weeks it is carnaval with a lot of boobs and stars

I wonder if the bomexplotion in Moskou's metro was in the news today...

LonkeroAdministrator
(KiX Master Guru)
2004-02-07 12:23 AM

well, here it was all day.
at the morning it was only around 30 dead but last time I herd it was something like 39...
which is still not much.

Co
(MM club member)
2004-02-07 09:41 AM

Do you hear what you are saying... 39 dead isn't much... while in other parts of the world a boob is breaking news...

Those are innocent people who died. So, every dead is one too much!

That's the reason why I started this topic. We have to focus ourselfs to the real incidents in the world and try to understand the reason why they happens. If we do maybe we can solve the problems....

Radimus
(KiX Supporter)
2004-02-07 02:07 PM

unfortunately, such killings are far too commonplace. African countries are under constant threats of violence, and the far east is probably just as bad.

that isn't to say Europe is safe, how safe is it for school kids to ride a bus in Ireland... with the IRA running around.

The US has very little experience in terrorism... with only 3 events that I can think of in the last 10 years. when it does, most people don't know what to do. and then they don't realize that other people live with these threats daily.

Jose
(Seasoned Scripter)
2004-02-09 08:59 PM

Plus they dont even consider or imagine their own country might be committing a terrorist attac when bombs were dropped on Iraq citizens with no real reason if we take a look at definitions..

My city had suffered two big attacks to Jewish buildings and believe me the earth trembled. This sh.. is worldwide and we, ppl are the only victims.

Hopefully we are all minded ppl so as to discuss these deep subjects in peace. I dont mean to offend nobody and I ussually speack up my thoughts so please forgive any possible offence.

Rocco Capra
(Hey THIS is FUN)
2004-02-09 09:00 PM

I have to agree with you there Rad.

Radimus
(KiX Supporter)
2004-02-09 09:42 PM

Well... as far as definitions go, Terrorists is what the big army calls the little army.

Since the US has the biggest army (excepting possibly China), that makes everyone else terrorists, and since a stand up fight between any number of countries and the US has a fairly predictable outcome, the only thing people fighting the US can do is kill women and children while they are going to school and shopping.

Eventually, these extremists will get assimilated into the corporate world that the US, Japan, Austrilia, and most of European nations are in and discover that this medieval thinking no longer has a place. Tribal factions has to go away, religous factions has to go away, and perhaps racial divisions will even go away (some day)... Political factions never will.

If we can keep our would-be terrorists and international criminals running for political offices, at least we can keep an eye on them. (and no this isn't Bush-bashing) all politicians are liars and criminals, but as long as they are running for office, they spend more time plotting against their opponents, than against the people they are supposed to be serving.

Co
(MM club member)
2004-02-09 10:28 PM

Quote:

We have to focus ourselfs to the real incidents in the world and try to understand the reason why they happens. If we do maybe we can solve the problems....

We have to ask ourselfs Why are these things happening... Is it because religion? I don't think so.. Not in the first place.. I think it is oppression and economic crisis. When you take it all together they aren't satisfied with there situation. People use there religion as a means to fight it. Sometimes there is a leader people wants to follow like Lenin or Hitler.

When people are satisfied there will be no war. So the rich countries must fight against hunger and oppression...

The US has to stop there support to governments which oppress other people..
One of the reasons 9-11 and the killings in Iraq happens is because the US is supporting Israel.

Jose
(Seasoned Scripter)
2004-02-09 11:11 PM

I like your style Co, you are straight fordward and that makes Korg more intresting. Dont change that please but...
I dont agree too much on this one:
Quote:

One of the reasons 9-11 and the killings in Iraq happens is because the US is supporting Israel.

Wich at a certain point may do have a sense but I think is like taking a big shortcut to the developed issue in your "very nice" post wich I am enyoing a lot.
If Israel is supported or not by the US might accelerate confrontation but with or without Israel confrontation will exist in the end.
I agree with you on this one:
Quote:

The US has to stop there support to governments which oppress other people..

Saddam was supported and the above mentioned Videla regime too not to mention all the CIA wondering arround.
I think that this double speech is what crossed world citizens against the US not the economic pressure due to depts strategically concieved.

Rad...I think your thought is very wise .

Co
(MM club member)
2004-02-09 11:54 PM

Quote:

I dont agree too much on this one:

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jose, some co-workers who comes from this region told me this.
Because of the US support, They think Israel has the power to do what they want...

That is why they see the US as the evil agressor

Sealeopard
(KiX Master)
2004-02-10 01:31 AM

[Moderator mode on]
Can we please go back to KiXtart or boobs, please?

Though the 'General Discussion' forum is intended for non-KiXtart thingies, and we're very loose with regards to moderating, I'd prefer to stay away from certain discussions, including but not limited to politics, religion, and other potentially polarizing areas that are non KiXtart/computer/IT/management-related.

Everybody is entitled to voicing their opinion, however, please consider that this BBS is a) international, and b) some people might be directly affected by certain things you say.
[Moderator mode off]

Co
(MM club member)
2004-02-10 01:51 PM

Jens, you are right... I did goes the wrong way.. It wasn't my intention to affect someone... It wasn't meant to be political but analistic and this is the last thing I want to say about it.

The only reason i posted it is that people understand why things are happening.. How people can think different about the same thing...
just like we here in Europe think different about the Boob incident than you there in the US. For us it isn't an incident, or maybe it is but that's all. We don't take it too serious..

The main thing is if we understand each other the world would be much nicer... and if we can achieve this by having a discussion on a Kixtart Forum Why not? I know it is about Kixtart but now and then it has to be possible..isn't it?

Jose
(Seasoned Scripter)
2004-02-10 06:23 PM

Yeah we crossed the line, I agree and apologise.

LonkeroAdministrator
(KiX Master Guru)
2004-02-10 08:23 PM

not sure about crossing the line...
CO, you shouldn't make assumptions by the hearings of some dudes.
I don't believe the first line they have to say after saw that.

I stand strong in my believes that world is full of liars and week are those who believe them.

what comes to europeans... dunno, if it comes to that, we probably are yet one step sillier than americanos.
we just don't know it and they might be one step more adult to not tell it to us.

I think the boop thing shows how wicked or straight your thoughts can be.
nonetheless, the sides tend to come together...

ShaneEP
(MM club member)
2004-02-10 08:59 PM

Well put...

Co
(MM club member)
2004-02-10 10:08 PM

I don't want to make this topic a never ending story....

First of all I'm getting a dejavu... Jose we have to change our displaynames... Only who is Justin and who is Janet

Lonkero, Those "dudes" aren't the only ones saying these things. You only have to open your eyes and ears for those opions and don't listen only to your own.

http://www.adbusters.org/debate/iraq_war/comments.html?page=38
Quote:

....I believe Richard has a point. I believe that if you pay your taxes, you are supporting US aggression in the world. What is the number? 40% of your tax dollars goes toward the US military. In the last fifty years, the United States has been the agressor in a dozen or so countries. I'm sorry i don't have the list memorized. But my point is, is that in one hand we train and arm governments, then leverage arab oil, arm israel, exile refugees, sell arms to Iran, the CIA runs drugs all over the world, help Saddam blame islam, install the Shah and in the other, we claim to be saving the world from t... [read more] jon, LA...

But there are other versions why they think the US is an evil agressor

http://www.secularislam.net/archives/2003_07.html
Quote:

...This is what the Islamists think of you, non-Muslim Americans. They believe, no matter how you offer your hand in genuine friendship, that you are their enemy. It doesn't matter how many interfaith meetings you attend, how much you try to understand them, to the Islamists you are always just a dirty enemy infidel. And that also goes for those American Muslims who don't subscribe to the Islamists' views of worldwide Islamic empire - you have sold out to the filthy kaffirs. Then the rather paranoid claim that Americans would exterminate all Muslims given the chance, when in fact, as I know, almost no Americans would give a second thought to Islam if it wasn't for terrorist attacks and this kind of writing. (And I thought it was the Serbs, not the Muslims, that Americans were fighting to stop the bloodshed in Kosovo.) And note the defense of Nazi Germany and Imperial Japan, which she seems to have conveniently forgotten were engaged in vicious conquest and mass killings at the time, but of course it is America who is the evil agressor...

Surf the internet for more.. unfortunately, I can tell you it isn't hard to find...

Because I write those things it doesn't mean I agree with it but it is the opinion of some other people in this world and if we are blind or deaf for those opinions I am afraid for the future.

So again put this in a who, why, how, when, where mixture of questions and maybe we find the answer to solve it.. even it isn.t this simple at all....

Jose
(Seasoned Scripter)
2004-02-10 10:34 PM

Co, believe me you have never been so right and we could spend days posting but we have to realice this is not the appropiate place for discussing these subjects.
Lets go to have a smoke outside if you wish.
MSN: jose_manuelvigil@hotmail.com
Thanks

ShaneEP
(MM club member)
2004-02-10 11:03 PM

I only have one thought about the whole "evil agressor" thing...

If America is such a "evil agressor" then why do some many people from other countries immigrate here every year?

Quote:

Estimates show that the United States population is growing by 2.5 million people annually. Immigrants contribute a large number to this amount, making up a little under one million of this total. The average number of immigrants that usually enter the United States in one year is 800,000.

http://www.geocities.com/Pentagon/Bunker/2613/population.html

Nearly 1/3 of all new US citizens in a year are immigrants from other countries. It seemss to me that only certain areas of the world think of us as the "evil agressor"...And not a majority at all.

Quote:

One international migrant (net) every............ 25 seconds

http://www.census.gov/cgi-bin/popclock

ShaneEP
(MM club member)
2004-02-10 11:05 PM

But Jens is right...

A conversation like this could turn ugly really fast...

So that's all I have to say about it (just wanted to get my .02 in)...

Co
(MM club member)
2004-02-10 11:59 PM

It wasn't meant to be ugly .. It is better to end this topic and maybe Jens or Lonkero as moderators can lock it.

Co
(MM club member)
2004-02-11 12:07 AM

To make this once and for all clear it isn't my opinion. I only like to analyse things from different sides and create my own opinion. I can prepaire myself when I have to deal with other opions..

LonkeroAdministrator
(KiX Master Guru)
2004-02-14 04:57 AM

hey CO, it's long time you poster you reply to thread (10/02/2004) but no less I'm forced to answer it.

I know, america bad, isreal worse, northern pole is satan.
I know, about listening, have heard more than one story, believe me.
I know, many ppl probably herd more.
I know, ...

taking from the start of your post...
a "quote" about tax'es going to military...
well, that's US way.
they have always been AFRAID of everybody!
they were afraid of USSR going anywhere everytime they detected a agent anyway, and I know.
I live in the neighbor of that frieghtening evil country.
I say they good to me....
well, that said, the most powerfull is always afraid because it never knows when it's time to fall.
for good.
so, I say let the americano's have their small fights, they can't affect a [censored] with their army anyway!
with some determined ppl you can throttle the nation so bad (ref 11.9.) they can do nothing in next 2 months.

well, lets go into the other force.
the islam, "the good" force of world, doh!
I can not say anything really bad about them, after all, they are relatives to israelitans (see history books) but...
I know there is no place where islam world would have slept without fight.
they fight for islamic world.
and EVERY country that is not islamic is their full-blooded ENEMY.
there are many levels of islamic overtaking but just like in the dark-ages, islamic ppl seem to think, it's their turn now to fight against rest of the world which is pagain.

hmm...
just came to mind, what you boys think of the word devil?
d-evil, the evil?
the ingarnation of evil as a whole

doh, CO...
as you write these things... specially about powerfull forces like israel or US, you should be pretty carefull.
I don't mean thinking is bad.
but saying:
Quote:

One of the reasons 9-11 and the killings in Iraq happens is because the US is supporting Israel

is too much.
that's a thought over suggestion that's based on hatred of half-brother nation.
wont stand that kinda [censored] without noting it.
no matter if it was american president saying it.

I say, be carefull in your own notes.
this fight you stumbled in to is thousands years old and even though nowadays european politics don't seem to understand that simply thing, I know you do.
and if not others offended by this, I am.

like said before, this thread was about american's, now it seems to turn into fight which is worse, US or EU.
as the EU countries and their citizens seems to make so bad mistakes with their lips nobody will tolerate for long.

we can take the discussion off bounds via messenger but like some wise man once said:
"even...." well, can't say it here.
see you on messenger

Co
(MM club member)
2004-02-14 10:18 AM

Quote:

I say, be carefull in your own notes.

Lonkero, You know I don't always agree with you which causes sometimes long threads with heavy discussions but this time I totally agree with you. It is like Jose said I crossed the line. I can hide myself when i say it is a translation fault i missed some words like probably, maybe or i think, etc or I forgot some lines. but I don't do that. Things are said, I'm responcible for that and you are right it was too much...

At the moment I wrote it I didn't had the idea I crossed the line. It was only meant as an example for what can happen by oppressing other people. If we don't analyse the reasons why those things did happen, people who died died for nothing.... That was my point.

After reading it back I understand everybody's reactions. Once again my apologies (This is the last time. I don't say it 100 times like J & J. Because I don't believe them anymore)

ShaneEP
(MM club member)
2004-02-14 08:30 PM

Please tell me you're joking...

Quote:

so, I say let the americano's have their small fights, they can't affect a [censored] with their army anyway!

Quote:

with some determined ppl you can throttle the nation so bad (ref 11.9.) they can do nothing in next 2 months.

You call them determined ppl? More like mad men. And if I recall...I was at work the next day so inn what way did it throttle the country so bad that we coulnt do anything for 2 months? Made airport lines a little longer and slower...But that's about it. I dont even think it took a week before we were bombing Al Quida locations in Afghanistan.

Co
(MM club member)
2004-02-14 08:35 PM

Please, Stop replying to this topic. We all don't want this to be ugly but it is going that way.
Lets get back to Kixtart and leave this topic for what it is even if you want to say something...
Send me a private post if you wish and we talk about it on Messenger....

Sealeopard
(KiX Master)
2004-02-19 04:50 PM

There was a post after CO's and before this one that was highly inappropriate and I will close this topic now in order to prevent further inappropriateness.

I apologize for this drastic measure.