Jose
(Seasoned Scripter)
2002-11-18 11:59 PM
Access table

Hi there!
I got to read and write to an Access mdb with a sigle table. I guess with two linked tables in the same mdb would be throught SQL, cause I tryed with no success.
code:
 $SQL = "INSERT INTO TBL_COMPUTERS (WORKSTATION,DOMAIN,) VALUES ('@WKSTA','@DOMAIN');" <--- and SQL1 
$Command.CommandText = $SQL

Is this the way?
Thanks guys

Howard Bullock
(KiX Supporter)
2002-11-19 12:07 AM
Re: Access table

See the DB* UDFs from Sealeopard.

[ 19. November 2002, 00:22: Message edited by: Howard Bullock ]

Sealeopard
(KiX Master)
2002-11-19 01:19 AM

For starters, see DBExecuteSQL() - Executes a SQL command on a database .

You should also read Cannot find what you are looking for?

[ 19. November 2002, 01:20: Message edited by: sealeopard ]

Jose
(Seasoned Scripter)
2002-11-19 03:39 PM

Howard:
As first sight UDF Collection is amazing you people have done a lot. IŽll make you know wen i am done with it.
Thanks for the searching stuff sealeopard.
The last one. Has anybody saw or made a support request form for network users with kixform ? cause my goal is to have a button from the login form that calls this support form that writes to a database the user problem. I am done the shape but not with its functionality (not easy). Only clues or links needed.
Thanks again.

Jose
(Seasoned Scripter)
2002-11-23 04:43 PM

About forms I think I shoul have asked this last question in a new topic, finally I took the example of http://harmsy.freeuk.com/kixforms/Archive/index.htm usrmgr and changed to my needs.

The fact that I am a starter allows me to ask in COM Scripting or do I have to do it on Starters despite it is a COM question? I ask this cause havent seen a reference about that in the FAQ page. Please guide me if I am wrong.
Thanks boys [Wink]

ShawnAdministrator
(KiX Supporter)
2002-11-23 04:58 PM

Jose, the COM forum is for COM questions and scripts, for folks just starting and for experts alike.

-Shawn

Les
(KiX Master)
2002-11-23 05:31 PM

As Shawn said, for beginners and experts alike.

Let the forum byline be your guide.
"Discussion on COM automation (includes ADSI, WMI, etc. within the context of KiXtart)"

Of course, based on each forum's byline, there will always be some overlap so we ask that you "Pick the most appropriate forum".

Jose
(Seasoned Scripter)
2002-11-23 05:32 PM

Thanks Shawn, by!

Jose
(Seasoned Scripter)
2002-11-23 05:34 PM

Thanks LLigetfa !!

Kdyer
(KiX Supporter)
2002-11-23 06:01 PM

jose3,

Looking at some old Access code I had lying around.. The INSERT Statment is not the traditional ANSI SQL:

This is in VBA:
code:
DoCmd.RunSQL "INSERT INTO ErrorLog ( TStamp, Loan, ErrorMessage ) SELECT Now()," & Chr(34) & loan_nm
' Split
& Chr(34) & "," & Chr(34) & oDTrac.ErrorMsg & Chr(34) & ";"

HTH,

Kent

[ 23. November 2002, 18:02: Message edited by: kdyer ]