Les
(KiX Master)
2005-01-23 06:40 PM
Option to run WKiX sync

In the manual, it says:
Quote:

Note
By default, the Windows version of KiXtart 2001 runs as an asynchronous process. This means that if you start WKIX32.EXE from a batchfile, the batchfile will not wait for KiXtart to exit and will continue processing. This behavior can cause problems if KiXtart is being used as part of the logon process, especially on Windows 9x clients. To prevent these problems, WKIX32.EXE should be started from a batchfile using the START command with the wait option, e.g.: "START /W WKIX32.EXE". Optionally, on Windows NT or higher, you can also specify the /B option with the START command, to prevent the creation of an additional window.

That said, some people would like to go with WKiX to avoid a BATch file and the DOS box that accompanies it but still want it to run sync. By adding a -WAIT switch to WKiX, it could be forced into sync mode, facilitating going with a BATchless launch. I realize that wintendos would still require a BATch file since they do not support parms on the calling line, but at least NT class computers could benefit.

LonkeroAdministrator
(KiX Master Guru)
2005-01-23 08:44 PM
Re: Option to run WKiX sync

my experience is that at least on NT-based machines, when ran alone (logonscript named as: "wkix32.exe") it indeed waits and runs it in sync.

Les
(KiX Master)
2005-01-23 10:53 PM

K, then I would like to make the suggestion to update the manual to reflect actual.

LonkeroAdministrator
(KiX Master Guru)
2005-01-23 11:22 PM

ja, whatever the actual is, we wanna know.
the manual maybe correct for win9x machines where wkix32 is launched via batch file.
but then the phrase is misleading.