**DONOTDELETE**
(Lurker)
2001-10-16 11:45 PM
please help

Like I said before I am totally new to scripting, but i really need to get this to work.

I put this in my script.

Messagebox (@userid, "caution", 0,10) when i run the script at logon, i get a blank box. If i run it manually after logon i get the username in there like i should. I tried installing the kixstart service, but it didn't work. What am I doing wrong. Please help.

jess

Sealeopard
(KiX Master)
2001-10-16 11:57 PM
Re: please help

If that happens under window s9x, then you will need to run the Kixtart RPC service on all domain controllers and the DLLs must be in the same directory as the Kixtart executable.

Jens

Les
(KiX Master)
2001-10-17 12:17 AM

Are you using roaming profiles. Did I say I hate roamies? I have heard it said that roamies can prevent the @UserID macro from enumerating, but since I refuse to use roamies, can't confirm or deny.

As Jens said, check and double-check your KXRPC on all DCs and copy all KiX executables and DLLs to %WinDir%.

If there were prizes for the most asked question, it would be a toss-up between this, InGroup, and HKCU in Wintendo. Did I say I hate Wintendo?

**DONOTDELETE**
(Lurker)
2001-10-17 12:20 AM

Thanks guys, I was missing the .dll's. I am sorry for asking such a common question. Thanks again

Les
(KiX Master)
2001-10-17 03:30 AM

No need to be sorry, we're glad to help. So, for the record, were the DLLs missing from NetLogon or %WinDir%? I'm working on a theory that KiX works better on Wintendo with executables in %WinDir%.

**DONOTDELETE**
(Lurker)
2001-10-17 03:58 AM

Netlogon,

Thanks again