**DONOTDELETE**
(Lurker)
2001-07-21 12:46 AM
WAN - running KiX locally

Have managed to set-up a Kix script that is ideal for both mapping home shares, and standard drive mappings - this all works great and am eternally thankful to all on the bulletin board who have assisted me - however, I read on page 12 of the manual that it is possible to run LMScript emulation - can anyone furnish me with any help on this....

Basically to have kix run on the workstation, whilst picking up the logon script at netlogon will save time over the network, I have around 30 PC's that are located on different points of my WAN segment and have tested already with the standard server set-up, it was slow!!!!

Many thanx

Kdyer
(KiX Supporter)
2001-07-20 03:50 PM
Re: WAN - running KiX locally

Peat,

This looks like this may fit what you are looking for - http://kixtart.org/board/Forum2/HTML/000585.html

HTH,

- Kent

**DONOTDELETE**
(Lurker)
2001-07-23 04:17 PM

still no joy...

bleonard
(Seasoned Scripter)
2001-07-24 05:25 PM

Peat -
How are the clients calling the login script?
If using LMSCRIPT emulation, under User Manager I believe the profile should be set to call <script name>. If not using LMSCRIPT emulation, under User Manager the profile calls <batch file name>. The batch file in turn calls the KiX script.

Another method to handle WAN latency is to copy the KIX32.EXE and associated DLL files to the clients. My environment does not provide me easy testing to determine how much slower/faster this method may be.

Bill