Jodi
(Fresh Scripter)
2005-04-25 06:09 PM
Application Error with Script

The description for Event ID ( 35 ) in Source ( KIXTART ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. The following information is part of the event: Failed to retrieve NIC address Error : (0x23/35).

Does this error look familiar to anyone? Not sure what is happening here, am new to KiXtart. Thanks ahead of time for your responses.

Les
(KiX Master)
2005-04-25 06:23 PM
Re: Application Error with Script

Is this server or wksta? Teamed NICs or single?

mattydf24
(Lurker)
2005-04-25 06:50 PM

I am also having the same error. I am running a Compaq DL380 G2 running Win2k Server SP4 with all latest updates and hotfixes. Teamed compaq NC6136 NICS with the cable pulled on one NIC currently.

Any ideas?

Les
(KiX Master)
2005-04-25 07:27 PM

This is a known issue with teamed NICs. There is no known workaround.

Jodi
(Fresh Scripter)
2005-04-25 09:02 PM

It seems to happen on servers Windows 2000 and Client workstations when users log in. But the script sord of still runs?

Sound correct?

Jodi
(Fresh Scripter)
2005-04-25 09:12 PM

Does that mean it is still running efficiently or I is there anything I may need to look over? Thanks for your help!

NTDOCAdministrator
(KiX Master)
2005-04-25 09:27 PM

Your script will run just fine with these errors. Just ignore them or reguard them as informational rather then critical errors.

Jodi
(Fresh Scripter)
2005-04-25 10:03 PM

THanks for your help!

Jodi
(Fresh Scripter)
2005-04-25 10:07 PM

Just one more question? I have another error that says:

indows could not execute \\server name\netlogon\login.kix due to the following error: No application is associated with the specified file for this operation.

Is it that the the login.kix needs to be associated again with the Kix32.exe?

Thanks

Mart
(KiX Supporter)
2005-04-25 10:35 PM

You need to do something like this:

Code:

\\path to kix32.exe\kix32 \\server name\netlogon\login.kix

Jodi
(Fresh Scripter)
2005-04-25 10:57 PM

Does that path need to be in the Login.bat file? That is where it reads the
%0\..\login.vbs
%0\..\kix32.exe login.kix

Is that right?

Jodi
(Fresh Scripter)
2005-04-25 10:58 PM

I sord of just started learning about the kix when the user that did handle this left the company. Just not sure where to put that information. In the login.bat, login.kix?

Mart
(KiX Supporter)
2005-04-25 11:06 PM

You can put it in the logon.bat (could also be startup.bat or something, the name does not matter just set it correctly in GPO).
We do:

Code:

c:\companyname\kix\kix32.exe \\domain.tld\path to your script location\yourscript.kix

Sealeopard
(KiX Master)
2005-04-28 03:37 AM

You might also take a look at the KiXtart Manual and the FAQ forum as they both describe ways to properly implement Kixtart scripts. Also, why the dual call to both a VBS and KiX script. What's in the VBS script that KiXtart couldn't do with less code?