**DONOTDELETE**
(Lurker)
2004-11-16 05:03 PM
Running a VBS script (AutoIT) in KiXtart

I have a question about running a VBS script designed in AutoIT, to import it to KiXtart. A friend of mine made a script with AutoIT that blocks the input devices, hava KiX install a program and after that unblock the input devices again.

He wants something like the following:

Run blockinput.vbs
(here comes the install)
Run unblockinput.vbs

What kind of KiX code do we need to use for this?
Run? Shell?

ShawnAdministrator
(KiX Supporter)
2004-11-16 05:14 PM
Re: Running a VBS script (AutoIT) in KiXtart

I would suggest you simply convert the vbs code for blocking into Kixtart code, and dispense with vbs altogether ... if you post the vbs code, we can help to convert.

Chris S.
(MM club member)
2004-11-16 05:14 PM

You should be able to fully convert the vbs script to KiX. If you want you can post it to the COM forum for help.

Chris S.
(MM club member)
2004-11-16 05:15 PM

Damn, Shawn's wife was right!

Sealeopard
(KiX Master)
2004-11-17 03:43 AM

You could even use the VBScript-2-KiXtart UDF to automatically convert the script ;-)

Chris S.
(MM club member)
2004-11-17 03:53 AM

But he won't learn anything about KiXtart & COM if he does that.

**DONOTDELETE**
(Lurker)
2004-11-17 08:33 AM

Quote:

But he won't learn anything about KiXtart & COM if he does that.

Don't worry, I've got a 292 paged AutoIT manual and a 124 paged KiXtart manual I still have to read through . Although we read the main parts about the strings we need to use already.
We will be trying to finish the vbs code today and I might post it here later! Thank you for the help provided already!

ShawnAdministrator
(KiX Supporter)
2004-11-17 02:03 PM

So I guess that means you won't be converting it to Kixtart ? This vbscript can't be anymore than four of five lines of code, ja ?

-Shawn

Chris S.
(MM club member)
2004-11-17 03:07 PM

We've covered AutoIt and BlockInput on this board before. You can find an example if you do a search. Shawn's correct, it would only be a couple of lines to add the BlockInput function directly into your main script without the need to call an outside script.

**DONOTDELETE**
(Lurker)
2004-11-18 09:31 AM

Quote:

So I guess that means you won't be converting it to Kixtart ? This vbscript can't be anymore than four of five lines of code, ja ?

-Shawn

I did not say that, I'm trying to finish the AutoIT code to convert it to KiX later on

JochenAdministrator
(KiX Supporter)
2004-11-18 09:38 AM

that should be no problem if you use AutoIT 3x ... Syntax looks suspiciously similar