Stealth
(Fresh Scripter)
2004-09-23 11:41 AM
Help with Kyders Outlook Script

Relating to http://www.kixtart.org/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB10&Number=81567&Forum=UBB10&Words=outlook%20profiles&Match=And&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Old=allposts&Main=81563&Search=true#Post81567

Has anyone had errors running this. When my script runs with this included and ammended for exchange server etc it appears to work and sets up the email profile bassed on users logon. The problem arrises when you run outlook (Outlook 2000 Sp3) it opens fine and goes to users inbox but when you try to create a new message or forward a message outlook closes with Oulook.exe has caused errors etc etc and will now be closed. The strange thing about it is that if you click on outlook today and create a new mail message it appears to work on most occasions I am running the script pacakaged as an exe (Kix ver 4.22.0.0) on Windows 2000 with outlook 2000 Profgen Ver 3.0.0.2 and newprof ver 5.5.2803.0 the only thing I have noticed is that the about Information Services shows emsabp32.dll emsmdb32.dll andemsui32.dll as all older dates than if you were to setup and outlook profile maually. I hope some one can make sense of all of this I would like to get this working soon is it the versions of newprof and profgen?

P.S. I have removed the personal folders in testing as I am aware of problems sometimes associated with them . I have a script that runs fine for Outlook97 under NT4 and had no problems but this solution would be Ideal. We are connecting to exchange 5.5 SP4

Thanks in advance

Stealth
(Fresh Scripter)
2004-09-23 05:45 PM
Re: Help with Kyders Outlook Script

I not sure what has happened i did a customized default user and the problem happened more often it appeared to relate to the mail format in options under outlook 2000 when you click on this it through you out of Outlook I removed this from the script $editorpref='30001 and it apears to work ok now I will test more next week.

P.S. just for info incase any one else experiences simillar problem

Thanks

Richard H.Administrator
(KiX Supporter)
2004-09-23 05:51 PM

Thanks for taking the time to update your post.

Kdyer
(KiX Supporter)
2004-09-24 03:26 AM

Sorry I have been out-of-pocket lately due a large lease return project. Is there an issue with with script? If so, please let me know.

Thanks,

Kent