Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#89586 - 2002-11-18 04:55 PM Kixforms: Survey re: Usefullness of Kixforms Object Reference Guide
Shawn Administrator Offline
Administrator

With the view to make some accurate documentation available in the shortest time-frame possible, was wondering what, if any, the opinion is in term of the usefullnes of the Kixforms Object Reference guide that was shipped with earlier packages.

If anyone has had the chance to review this document, or even better, find it usefull and still use it to this day, please advise. I think what I'll do is simply update this doc with the most recent information and start including it back into each release. Think this will give us the biggest bang for the buck.

If anyone has any thoughts or recommendations in terms of anything that is missing, or that should be changed or re-worked, please advise. Just looking for general opinion on its usefullness - is there too little info there ? Just enough ?

-Shawn

#89587 - 2002-11-18 05:29 PM Re: Kixforms: Survey re: Usefullness of Kixforms Object Reference Guide
Chris S. Offline
MM club member

Loc: Earth
Yes, I absolutely still use it. It isn't as easy to navigate as the KiXforms doc site, but it is still more complete. I'd love to have it updated. Currently, I have to go between that doc, KiXforms site, and script examples. Starting to get frustrating. [Frown]
#89588 - 2002-11-18 05:42 PM Re: Kixforms: Survey re: Usefullness of Kixforms Object Reference Guide
krabourn Offline
Hey THIS is FUN

Loc: San Antonio, Texas, USA
Ditto, to Chris's statement.

#89589 - 2002-11-18 06:28 PM Re: Kixforms: Survey re: Usefullness of Kixforms Object Reference Guide
Bonji Offline
Starting to like KiXtart

Loc: Virginia
I mostly use the website in hopes that the latest additions will be posted there. However, the doc that was included in earlier versions would be an invaluable tool if it was kept up-to-date with releases.

-Ben

#89590 - 2002-11-18 06:38 PM Re: Kixforms: Survey re: Usefullness of Kixforms Object Reference Guide
Shawn Administrator Offline
Administrator

Yeah, I've already started to update the doc - it will be shipped with the next release and will be as up-to-date as I can make it in that time-frame. This document will be a summary with the intent that the website will be the source for more detailed information.

What I can guarantee is that while it may be short on high-level overview-ish type info - it will be up-to-date and accurate - which will definitely be a huge step forward.

#89591 - 2002-11-18 06:56 PM Re: Kixforms: Survey re: Usefullness of Kixforms Object Reference Guide
rclarke Offline
Starting to like KiXtart

Loc: Oxfordshire, United Kingdom.
Plus I will be taking a weeks holiday next week for the sole purpose of creating as much of the missing web site documentation as possible. There may also be a couple of pleasant surprises re changes to the web site as a whole [Wink]

Kind regards,

Rodney.

[ 18. November 2002, 18:57: Message edited by: rclarke ]

#89592 - 2002-11-18 08:15 PM Re: Kixforms: Survey re: Usefullness of Kixforms Object Reference Guide
Sealeopard Offline
KiX Master

Loc: Boston, MA, USA
I prefer to have a printable version or something that I can read offline. Having a modem-connection at home isn't fun when you're trying to write some code and you have to constantly dial in in order to read something in an online help file.

#89593 - 2002-11-19 07:22 AM Re: Kixforms: Survey re: Usefullness of Kixforms Object Reference Guide
Lonkero Administrator Offline
KiX Master Guru

Loc: OK
yes, used it a lot even it has been little outdated.
used also the tooltips on kixforms site for the new stuff and still typelib viewer for the stuff isn't on the site.

download KiXnet

#89594 - 2002-11-20 03:43 PM Re: Kixforms: Survey re: Usefullness of Kixforms Object Reference Guide
Vig Offline
Starting to like KiXtart

Loc: Saudi Arabia
I had it printed and binded by kinkos over 6 months ago and still use it. Back when kixforms was 1.0.0.11.

I'd really like to see an updated one since I haven't had time to review the kixform updates over the last two months.

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  Shawn, ShaneEP, Ruud van Velsen, Arend_, Jochen, Radimus, Glenn Barnas, Allen, Mart 
Hop to:
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered and 259 anonymous users online.
Newest Members
gespanntleuchten, DaveatAdvanced, Paulo_Alves, UsTaaa, xxJJxx
17864 Registered Users

Generated in 0.058 seconds in which 0.024 seconds were spent on a total of 13 queries. Zlib compression enabled.

Search the board with:
superb Board Search
or try with google:
Google
Web kixtart.org