Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#193902 - 2009-05-15 04:33 PM Mapping printer questions
Zarethustra Offline
Just in Town

Loc: Nebraska
I'm looking to implement printer mapping in my environment and have some questions regarding the best method.

I looked at a couple of promising UDF's.
MapPrinter by Radimus and Addprinter by al_po.

It seems like the Addprinter one is the only UDF that allows you to add a locally mapped IP printer. Is this what people generally use for mapping local IP printers ?

I would like to be able to map any kind of a printer, most of them are on a print server, but some are set up as local printers with an IP port. I also want to set the default printer, but I want the function to be smart enough to not set a default printer if they have a local printer. I think MapPrinter has that function, but I'm not sure if it works with local printers printing to an IP port, it might just work if they are set up as LPT printer.

Currently I use the built in KIX function to add printers, but it doesn't have the flexibility I need.

I don't know if there are any UDF's that incorporate all of the features. Any suggestions would be great.

#193903 - 2009-05-15 08:50 PM Re: Mapping printer questions [Re: Zarethustra]
Kdyer Offline
KiX Supporter

Loc: Tigard, OR
Zarethustra,

Have a look at:

Default Printer Configuration

HTH,

Kent

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  Jochen, Allen, Radimus, Glenn Barnas, ShaneEP, Ruud van Velsen, Arend_, Mart 
Hop to:
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered and 507 anonymous users online.
Newest Members
gespanntleuchten, DaveatAdvanced, Paulo_Alves, UsTaaa, xxJJxx
17864 Registered Users

Generated in 0.047 seconds in which 0.021 seconds were spent on a total of 13 queries. Zlib compression enabled.

Search the board with:
superb Board Search
or try with google:
Google
Web kixtart.org