Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#180901 - 2007-09-27 12:00 PM Copying corporate templates to laptop users
CliveSRT Offline
Lurker

Hi everyone.

I have a bit of a dilema..... which is causing me a few headaches.

our marketing department would like me to find the best way to place the corporate templates in a folder on the laptop users machine that will be scanned upon login and if there are any updates to the templates these will be pushed to the laptop users machine.

I was initially thinking of a dos batch file, but how would you be able to compare the files to see if there have been any changes? So then I hit upon the idea of using Kixtart, but as I am a newbie, this is more of a challenge than I first thought of.

So if anyone can assist then that would be appreciated.

Cheers, C.

#180905 - 2007-09-27 02:17 PM Re: Copying corporate templates to laptop users [Re: CliveSRT]
Gargoyle Offline
MM club member

Loc: Valley of the Sun (Arizona, US...
Take a look at the free Microsoft tool "RoboCopy" it shoud do the job you want.

#180955 - 2007-09-28 01:09 PM Re: Copying corporate templates to laptop users [Re: Gargoyle]
CliveSRT Offline
Lurker

ok I'll take a look at that. Not sure how that will fit into the network environment though.
#180971 - 2007-09-28 07:48 PM Re: Copying corporate templates to laptop users [Re: CliveSRT]
NTDOC Administrator Offline
Administrator

Loc: CA
You can download it from the Server 2003 Tools and install it on XP. Once you have it then you can use the file ROBOCOPY.EXE anywhere as it is a standalone file.

It will work just fine in your Corporate environment. I've used it for years in a few places and it's a fantastic utility written by Microsoft.

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  Jochen, Allen, Radimus, Glenn Barnas, ShaneEP, Ruud van Velsen, Arend_, Mart 
Hop to:
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered and 259 anonymous users online.
Newest Members
gespanntleuchten, DaveatAdvanced, Paulo_Alves, UsTaaa, xxJJxx
17864 Registered Users

Generated in 0.051 seconds in which 0.022 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.

Search the board with:
superb Board Search
or try with google:
Google
Web kixtart.org